Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

gateshead v york

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:00 AM

Hi guys how many of you are making the trip friday? We come into game after 3 straight defeats though apart from oldham on sunday weve played realy well, had 4 1st team players missing against oldham and it showed they were to strong, looking forward to fridays game.

#2 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:14 AM

Hi guys how many of you are making the trip friday? We come into game after 3 straight defeats though apart from oldham on sunday weve played realy well, had 4 1st team players missing against oldham and it showed they were to strong, looking forward to fridays game.

Not coming due to 7.30 kick off - was told it was going to 3pm which didn't affect our weekend away in Keswick, but now not prepared to leave Gateshead at 9.15 to then get to Keswick

Earlier kick off or double header with Gateshead football might have been a different story....

#3 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:19 PM

Given the scheduling of the game and the performance last Sunday I'm not sure there will be too many takers on Friday...

#4 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:09 AM

18 Apr KO:19:30 Championship 1 Rd: 6
Gateshead Thunder v York City Knights
Gateshead International Stadium

Ref: C Kendall

#5 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:47 AM

Gateshead fc at home 3pm huge game for them, im surprised we didnt k.o not long after there game to try and get a few of the footy fans to stay and watch our game, there will be a very big crowd watching the footy as its a huge game for gateshead, alot of fans going to watch the footy then leaving going to pub and going back to stadium for the rugby, shame some of you cant make the game.

#6 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:16 AM

Looks like 3 new lads tonight - Saltonstall, Harper & possibly Backhouse - been very impressed with the last 2 when I have seen them play, George back on the wing, no Minikin again, personally would be starting with Pat Smith at half back & maybe Harry Carter should be in the 17 for me

#7 Happy Punter

Happy Punter
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:30 AM

Well there is a lack of comments on here today in reflection of yesterdays performance. I have been lucky enough to miss the last two games, though from Andys commentary it doesn't sound like I've missed much. 

What's the reason for the decline in fortunes. Are we reliant on one or two players to produce the goods and inspire the others. How can yesterdays second half become such hard work when the match winnning positin had been established. 

Good to get 3 points and just hope that we keep plugging away and play our best rugby in the play offs.

Our friends at Hunslet are going nicely now , and good luck to them. Would rather us finish first and second than see any other team ahead of us. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users