Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rochdale Hormets - home - 18/04/2014

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

Cru take on Rochdale Hornets at the Racecourse on Good Friday.  Anyone remember the score last time we played them at home?

They'll be a different prospect this time I think. Hornets have just hit a patch of form and we'll need to front up to beat them this time. We'll need to keep Wayne English in check,. We have the players to chalk up a good win but we need to complete our sets and keep hold of the ball only offloading when its possible.

I'm going for a Crusaders win by a clear 13 points denying Rochdale the bonus.

I hope people come out and enjoy the good weather and a fantastic game.

Don't forget - bring any change you have - we are holding a bucket collection for our registered charity - North Wales Crusaders Wheelchair and Disability Sports Association - support our Wheelchair RL team and give generously.

#2 clwydianrange

clwydianrange
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

I'll be there gogledd. Well remember the last game it was one of our best performances. Friday will be closer but we should have too much for them. It will be interesting to see how the replacement for Ryan McDonald goes. I'll bring what change I have. Where will you be standing, I'll introduce myself.

#3 TommyCru

TommyCru
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:00 PM

Good result needed against the hornets and the cru need to hit a good bit of form themselves. I hope its a decent crowd too. Cru to win 32-18

#4 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:16 PM

I'll be there gogledd. Well remember the last game it was one of our best performances. Friday will be closer but we should have too much for them. It will be interesting to see how the replacement for Ryan McDonald goes. I'll bring what change I have. Where will you be standing, I'll introduce myself.

Just look out for the man in a kilt with a bucket!

#5 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

Thanks to all the Cru supporters today, you made us feel very welcome as you always have done, sorry about the scoreline (I'm not really) but it was a great day. See you all at Spotland in August.

Kind Regards

The Baron

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#6 rossco123

rossco123
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

Well that was poor. What is going on with the discipline in the side, ok the ref in the first half was ######

but we don't seem to learn that he's going to penalise us on everything if we give him half a chance. Every pass we seem to make is flat be cause nobody is running on to the ball, the team are so static and one dimensional it's hard to watch. and can somebody else kick the penalties into touch because gaining ten or fifteen yards at best is just not good enough.

#7 clwydianrange

clwydianrange
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:19 PM

Rochdale did the basics very well and thats all they needed to do fair play to them. We were rubbish all over the park and we have no excuses but that was the worst refereeing display ever. That left winger of theirs is a bit rapid - lovely try.

#8 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 987 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

Cru take on Rochdale Hornets at the Racecourse on Good Friday.  Anyone remember the score last time we played them at home?

They'll be a different prospect this time I think. Hornets have just hit a patch of form and we'll need to front up to beat them this time. We'll need to keep Wayne English in check,. We have the players to chalk up a good win but we need to complete our sets and keep hold of the ball only offloading when its possible.

I'm going for a Crusaders win by a clear 13 points denying Rochdale the bonus.

I hope people come out and enjoy the good weather and a fantastic game.

Don't forget - bring any change you have - we are holding a bucket collection for our registered charity - North Wales Crusaders Wheelchair and Disability Sports Association - support our Wheelchair RL team and give generously.

As of 23:00 today.

I remember, 16 point to 42 in our favour. :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue: 

Edited by PooingDog, 18 April 2014 - 10:11 PM.

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#9 clwydianrange

clwydianrange
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:47 AM

You thoroughly deserved it PD. I'm just gutted by our performance which, as a crusader supporter, we're not used to seeing. No matter we'll fight on.

#10 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:36 AM

The best team won, despite the referee being awful. We always give away more penalties than the opposition. We are predictable in attack and turn the ball over too easily in defence. We were also shown up for a lack of genuine pace. On this form I can see us beating the Cumbrians at home but that is it! Something is wrong. Nobody bothered to help when our player was pushed back 15 metres. We have too many players not getting enough game time in my opinion and that is causing divisions. Somehow we need to get a reserve side going for players who are not selected to play in. See you at Whitehaven.

#11 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

Well I think everyone has said what I wanted to say about our performance.

Well done to Hornets who easily deserved their win.

A great big THANK YOU to everyone who donated to the North Wales Crusaders Wheelchair Team - we collected just over £200 in the  yellow buckets. Diolch yn fawr iawn.

#12 TommyCru

TommyCru
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

Im afraid to say it but this performance was worse than the one against Batley. With pretty much a full team I thought we would of picked up 3 points without to much hassle, but if you dont complete your sets, lose your dicipline time and again and really looked clueless at time you can't have any complaints. The referee didnt help matters seeming to give alot of decisions againt the cru, but that is no excuse to lose your heads. Yes its frustrating but get on with it!

Rossco you are talking absolute sense when you say our kicks to gain yards are poor. The one decent kick we took we scored from which proves how crucial they are!

With Sheffield, Halifax and Keighley all coming up in the next month, I cant see things getting any better!

#13 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:51 AM

The referee didnt help matters seeming to give alot of decisions againt the cru, but that is no excuse to lose your heads. 

Penalty count was 12-12.

Bent he was...

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#14 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:09 PM

Penalty count was 12-12.

Bent he was...

I think most posters have said that his performance (from a Crusaders perspective) was appalling - YET - that is no excuse for our players performance and takes nothing away from Rochdales domination.

I don't think the ref was one-sided but made poor decisions, lost control of the game at times, was arrogant and offensive to one of our supporters after the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users