TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

17/04/14 - Hull Kingston Rovers v Hull FC KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

Poll: Hull derby (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull KR (5 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Hull FC (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Draw (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 DimmestStar

DimmestStar
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:50 PM

Hull should win this what with the RFL allowing them to play on their chosen night.

And I had no idea the FA cup final was an 8pm kick off on a Thursday.

What's that all about then?

Rervers 16 Hull 24.

(up his own posteria dimwit thinking he has something to say)

#82 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,080 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:31 AM

Great contribution.
Posted Image

#83 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:53 AM

The brackets are about as necessary as their content.

How ironic that you should call me a dimwit.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#84 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:57 AM

ha ha ha - ell Dimmest you've posted 89 times v OF 11,665 

I'd say OF has a lot more to say!

Looks like somebody got out of the wrong side of the bed!  :sarcastic:

Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#85 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

You know those things that seem big and clever when you've had a drink?

They never are.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#86 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

14muzyv.png

Carvell should get a ban for this. Never a clearer intent to stamp on a fellow professional.

#87 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

Carvell should get a ban for this. Never a clearer intent to stamp on a fellow professional.

Watch the video. Carvell doesn't stamp on Jordan Cox's arm. He treads on it when he's trying to get back to marker. That sort of thing happens in the ruck all the time. There's no reaction from Cox which suggests he thought there was nothing in it. Although I suppose he might have thought it wasn't worth complaining given the extent of the conspiracy against Hull KR by the RFL and its match officials.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#88 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,080 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

Oh dear...
Posted Image

#89 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

From an neutral view on Steve Reeds posts he seems to talk about Hull FC more than Hull KR.

I've read 8 points he's made in his posts, 7 about Hull FC, the refs and fan support, maybe he should put more focus on the Hull KR team instead of other subjects.

#90 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

I've watched it several times and think it is as clear as day. 

I'm not interested in all this 'RFL are against Hull KR' nonsense but on this occasion I feel Carvell has stamped on the arm. 

Carvell must avoid the ruck to re-join the defensive line. This means he needs to move sideways. He doesn't do this; he moves forward and plants his foot where Cox's arm is. 

This indicates to me that it is a deliberate stamp.

Carvell is more than capable of side-stepping the ruck, especially as the tackle is complete.

#91 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:43 AM

. Never a clearer intent to stamp on a fellow professional.

You're probably too young mate but If that was intentional, Carvell has a lot to learn from Andy Gregory.

He was playing for GB v Oz a fair few years since. An Oz player was on the floor receiving treatment. Greg had to run past him to retrieve a loose ball off the floor. On his way back he simply stamped on the prone players' leg as he went past him. The Oz player almost jumped off the floor in pain.

No penalty or after match inquiry if memory serves.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#92 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 569 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:39 AM

From an neutral view on Steve Reeds posts he seems to talk about Hull FC more than Hull KR.
I've read 8 points he's made in his posts, 7 about Hull FC, the refs and fan support, maybe he should put more focus on the Hull KR team instead of other subjects.

You need to read a few more of my posts!

Still thanks for your concern, nice to know you are following me.

Anyway Hull are far more interesting, Rovers are just upstarts there to make up the numbers. Or so it seems.

#93 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:18 AM

I've watched it several times and think it is as clear as day. 

I'm not interested in all this 'RFL are against Hull KR' nonsense but on this occasion I feel Carvell has stamped on the arm. 

Carvell must avoid the ruck to re-join the defensive line. This means he needs to move sideways. He doesn't do this; he moves forward and plants his foot where Cox's arm is. 

This indicates to me that it is a deliberate stamp.

Carvell is more than capable of side-stepping the ruck, especially as the tackle is complete.

Two things strike me. Firstly it's not a 'stamp' by any stretch of the definition and secondly you'd have to be a mind reader to know if he's done it deliberately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users