Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

21/4/14 - Huddersfield Giants v Wakefield T Wildcats KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: HUD v WAK (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Huddersfield Giants (4 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Wakefield Wildcats (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Joe Whitley

Joe Whitley
  • Admin
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:26 AM

Discuss this game here...

TotalRL.com Editor
Email: joe.whitley@totalrl.com
Direct line: +44 (0) 1484 404 921

#2 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,745 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:54 AM

Quite a few teams are getting hammered and trinity are among that group.Its not good , but I think it will continue Giants 42- Trinity 12

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#3 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

Hudd by 20+.

#4 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

Giants should take this but they are a shadow of last years team, Wakey are at a low ebb at the moment and things need to pick up for them, Not expecting a game in the same class as we have seen in the last few days, But Giants have the players too be far better than they have been, They tend to be better against the better teams, Will be very disapointed not to get a good performance in this though.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#5 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

Wakefield are without
Lauitiiti
Kirmond
Collis
Lyne
Godinet (Late fit test)
Raleigh
Ryan (Late fit test)

Apart from that we are woefully out of form and far from anything that looks remotely like a team.

Hudds win by 40+

#6 WakefieldCityLoyal

WakefieldCityLoyal
  • Coach
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

With a long injury list and low on confidence we can just hope the score can stay abit respectable.

#7 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

Very scrappy game, marred by baffling reffing both ways

Giants should have won by 50 but couldn't find those top gears

#8 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

Without doubt the worst game I've seen all season, Two very poor sides and an even poorer ref. I've seen games of Chess with more excitement than was on show today, It was like watching two local sides after what's been on show from Saints ,wigan, Hull clubs. Wakey at least have some excuse, having had to sell many of their best players, For the Giants excuse see Tomorrow's Examiner, P Anderson will be in full flow.

#9 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

We were miles better than Wakey and beat them without breaking sweat

For a team that's taken a kicking to it's confidence it's great to get 2/2 over Easter

What more do you want?

#10 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:31 PM

We were miles better than Wakey and beat them without breaking sweat

For a team that's taken a kicking to it's confidence it's great to get 2/2 over Easter

What more do you want?

We were better than Wakey ,the score shows that, but what does it take to be better than Wakey at the moment. We have a squad that probably cost 3 times what Wakey's has.

You are right about the not breaking sweat bit , No wonder the crowds are disappearing, If you found that acceptable good luck to you, you are very easily pleased. I wish i had gone and played Golf. And who's fault is it that their confidence has taken a kicking,  They should have played for 80 minutes in the games they had won at half time.

Time for P Anderson to start and make a set of good players into a good team, They looked and played like a bunch of strangers today.

#11 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:41 AM

The games we've lost or drawn have had some pretty obvious reasons for the score

But given our upcoming fixtures the last 10 results will soon all be forgotten I suspect

#12 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

Yes, it was a pretty dull game but given the schedule and changes to the team recently that's not a surprise.

Hudds weren't fluent in attack and Trinity kept going manfully, despite having a much weakened team. Hudds never looked like they were under much pressure, however, and they had a relatively easy ride owing to Trinity's errors.

It was good to see M Lawrence on the score sheet, getting the MoM award and also setting up a try with his inspired kick!

Edited by longboard, 22 April 2014 - 08:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users