Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

21/4/14 - Hull FC v London Broncos KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: HFC v LON (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull FC (3 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. London Broncos (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Joe Whitley

Joe Whitley
  • Admin
  • 303 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

Discuss this match here...

TotalRL.com Editor
Email: joe.whitley@totalrl.com
Direct line: +44 (0) 1484 404 921

#2 gutterfax

gutterfax
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:58 PM

As much as I hope and Pray that FC are knackered after the Derby shenanigans from Thursday, but I can't see past another Loss for the Londoners. FC have made 33% more yards in their 9 games thus far and I think that like most other SL teams this year, their pack will have too much for us. London need to start as they finished against Catalans and Hull need to start like Catalans finished for this to be a close contest.

Crowd wise, it seems that the FC declaration regarding "no more cheap tickets" will deliver a crowd of about 9k........

#3 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:00 PM

London by 10

#4 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,578 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:36 AM

It looks like London are improving , but Hull will win by 18

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#5 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:26 AM

The game depends on the enigma that is Hull FC. The big club that does not play like one. London have improved as a side so if Hull ttreat this game as an occasion to give reserve graders a hit out then a "Widnes" performance is possible. If they treat it seriously then a "Huddersfield" outcome is likely.

London have to keep plugging away and remember Hull FC are very good at beating.. Hull FC.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#6 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,670 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:31 AM

The game depends on the enigma that is Hull FC. The big club that does not play like one. London have improved as a side so if Hull ttreat this game as an occasion to give reserve graders a hit out then a "Widnes" performance is possible. If they treat it seriously then a "Huddersfield" outcome is likely.

London have to keep plugging away and remember Hull FC are very good at beating.. Hull FC.

Sounds about right.

Except there will be few, if any, reserve graders in the home team. It'll just look like there are,

Hull 28 Larndon 20.

Att 9,312.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#7 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,602 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:03 AM

I think this would be the right time for those players dropped by Radford to prove themselves. If they can't perform against London, those players probably shouldn't be at the club.
Posted Image

#8 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:48 AM

Hull by less than Leeds hammer Bradford.

#9 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,331 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

I see James Cunningham isn't in the London squad. Presumably that's a condition of the loan agreement.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#10 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,331 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:57 AM

Looking at the squad Hull have named, you could argue that it's actually stronger than the one that played against our dear friends and neighbours on Thursday.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#11 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

The Bookies are giving London a 34 point start on the handicap.

Think that`s pretty generous,even allowing for Hull`s very tough encounter thursday evening.

Even taking into account the fact that we are improving and finished on a relative high against Cats

I still think it will be Hull by 18ish. 

Edited by Spicer, 20 April 2014 - 07:06 PM.

#12 gutterfax

gutterfax
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

The Bookies are giving London a 34 point start on the handicap.

Think that`s pretty generous,even allowing for Hull`s very tough encounter thursday evening.

Even taking into account the fact that we are improving and finished on a relative high against Cats

I still think it will be Hull by 18ish. 

agree...that is a very generous head start and I may well have to slip a tenner out of the wife's purse!

#13 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,602 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:18 AM

Apparently I'm playing the half time game today. That should be interesting!
Posted Image

#14 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,331 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

Apparently I'm playing the half time game today. That should be interesting!

If you're any good you might find yourself playing the second half game.

#15 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,331 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:57 AM

Sounds about right.

Except there will be few, if any, reserve graders in the home team. It'll just look like there are,

Hull 28 Larndon 20.

Att 9,312.

Given that Hull have scored 30+ points in five of their six home games, that looks a bit cautious to me.

#16 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,670 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:04 AM

Given that Hull have scored 30+ points in five of their six home games, that looks a bit cautious to me.

You seem to have forgotten that I'm the doom and gloom merchant.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#17 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,331 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:20 AM

You seem to have forgotten that I'm the doom and gloom merchant.

I'll have two bags this week.

#18 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,602 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

Surely even I could score against London...

(Let it be known that if Hull lose, it was probably my fault for saying this!)
Posted Image

#19 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

Cheers Ullman for posting this morning you saved me a score .

#20 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,602 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

I was robbed by the steward! Idiot got in the way!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users