TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

21/4/14 - Wigan Warriors v Bradford Bulls KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Poll: WIG v BRA (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wigan Warriors (6 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. Bradford Bulls (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Joe Whitley

Joe Whitley
  • Admin
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:30 AM

Discuss this game here...

TotalRL.com Editor
Email: joe.whitley@totalrl.com
Direct line: +44 (0) 1484 404 921

#2 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

Wigan by 60. Not even joking, our injury list got a lot worse last night, and from what I heard Wigan were great today. I'm not sure if we even have 17 fit players to send...

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#3 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,346 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:40 PM

Am really looking forward to it. Hope Rocky gets a run and that our various injuries today aren't long term. I think the atmosphere will be pretty buoyant. It would be good to see the Bulls fans head over in numbers. There have been some great games at the DW over the years between these 2.

#4 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 853 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:57 PM

Am really looking forward to it. Hope Rocky gets a run and that our various injuries today aren't long term. I think the atmosphere will be pretty buoyant. It would be good to see the Bulls fans head over in numbers. There have been some great games at the DW over the years between these 2.

Are you taking the pee here,Bradford are struggling to cope with the bottom teams plus as AA says they have more injuries,2 years is along time for Bulls FANS

#5 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:40 AM

I cant impersonate Phil Clarke's vernacular , but it looks like Wigan are coming on song a win by at least 50

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#6 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

I'll be travelling with little hope and certainly no expectation on Monday. I'll be happy if we can raise a team and don't have to put in kids who are not physically ready for first team but that is looking unlikely at the moment. Must admit, I smiled at Exiled Wiganer's post - I too remember such games, with much affection, but somehow I can't see Monday's encounter being remembered in the same vein. I'm sure we will win more games this season, maybe even enough enough to stay up, but I can't see this game being one of them.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#7 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

wigan have struggled against the weaker teams, and have a lot of players out of this game so probably still a win but by about 20.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#8 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

Wigan will make their result against Hull KR on last year's Easter Monday look like a close game compared to this.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#9 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:35 PM

I'll be travelling with little hope and certainly no expectation on Monday. I'll be happy if we can raise a team and don't have to put in kids who are not physically ready for first team but that is looking unlikely at the moment. Must admit, I smiled at Exiled Wiganer's post - I too remember such games, with much affection, but somehow I can't see Monday's encounter being remembered in the same vein. I'm sure we will win more games this season, maybe even enough enough to stay up, but I can't see this game being one of them.

You do have to fear for the Bulls here, but good on you for sticking with them, I also remember when they were a match for anyone, It would be nice to see them up there again , but as you say it won't be in this game.

You have to hope Wigan are not in the same frame of mind as they were for Saints or it could be a complete drubbing.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#10 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,346 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:56 PM

I thought we lost 2 years ago and only just won last year, but haven't checked. will Bateman get a warm reception or booed and hissed?

#11 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,862 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

I hope no young Bulls players talk to the press pre-game, The Ape will deliberately misinterpret their words and use his fantasised version to bait them pre-game.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#12 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

I thought we lost 2 years ago and only just won last year, but haven't checked. will Bateman get a warm reception or booed and hissed

Circumstance dictated the win two years ago - potentially our last game ever at the time, the second in a series of about five over the last two years. I can't overstate how decimated the squad is to last years, we barely have any forwards to speak of for one thing. I admire your positivity, but I think it's ill-informed on this occasion (although have you ever thought about going into PR?! Far too forward thinking to be a Rugby League fan!)

Bateman won't get booed (any vitriol people have over his departure is aimed squarely at the shady goings on behind his departure from someone behind the scenes at Bradford), he'll get a warm reception but I doubt a parade will be thrown in his honour either.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

#13 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

I thought we lost 2 years ago and only just won last year, but haven't checked. will Bateman get a warm reception or booed and hissed?

The Bradford crowd generally give a good reception to former players - the very few exceptions being those who people feel disrespected the club, like Badback[ie Paul Newlove, who refused to play for the club, claiming injury] and I dread to think of the reception Matt Orford would get if showed his face this side of the equator, but JB will get a good reception from the fans.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#14 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

I hope no young Bulls players talk to the press pre-game, The Ape will deliberately misinterpret their words and use his fantasised version to bait them pre-game.

I've missed something here. What's this alluding to?

The Bradford crowd generally give a good reception to former players - the very few exceptions being those who people feel disrespected the club, like Badback[ie Paul Newlove, who refused to play for the club, claiming injury] and I dread to think of the reception Matt Orford would get if showed his face this side of the equator, but JB will get a good reception from the fans.

Despite some of the fallings out that a majority of the 2013 departures had with Cummins - which your fan on the street may not privvy to - then yes I'd agree Bateman will get a welcoming reception from the Bradford fans. Especially as we know to a man he'd improve our side and now we've learned he was sold behind the clubs back as it were... (not a dig at Wigan, they did their business above board of course.)

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#15 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,346 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:22 PM

There is no need for that insult. None at all.

Edited by Exiled Wiganer, 19 April 2014 - 08:23 PM.

#16 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:38 PM

I've missed something here. What's this alluding to?

Despite some of the fallings out that a majority of the 2013 departures had with Cummins - which your fan on the street may not privvy to - then yes I'd agree Bateman will get a welcoming reception from the Bradford fans. Especially as we know to a man he'd improve our side and now we've learned he was sold behind the clubs back as it were... (not a dig at Wigan, they did their business above board of course.)

Have a look at pages 5 and 6 of the Saints Wigan match thread. It was all something of nothing really.

#17 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:47 PM

Despite some of the fallings out that a majority of the 2013 departures had with Cummins - which your fan on the street may not privvy to

Forget what Browny said - what is THIS alluding to...?

SQL Honours

#18 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,835 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:53 AM

I saw Francis Cummins in Bradford Library today. He was browsing The Steve McNamara Compendium of Excuses.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#19 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:48 AM

Should be a good game from two evenly balanced sides!  ;)

Edited by Saint Billinge, 20 April 2014 - 07:52 AM.

#20 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:42 AM

Wigan by a lot - might even make our game at Hull look close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users