Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

21/4/14 - Wigan Warriors v Bradford Bulls KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Poll: WIG v BRA (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wigan Warriors (6 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. Bradford Bulls (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

Ha. Don't you look foolish now?

Happy to be proved wrong from a Wigan perspective. Disappointed as an RL fan to see Bradford hitting the lows.

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#62 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

If Wigan had scored this amount against London Broncos, almost everyone would have been saying how they don't deserve to be in Superleague.  Yet I see none of those comments at all about Bradford (and London didn't concede anywhere near so many against Wigan either).  Strange, tha'

#63 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,166 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

If Wigan had scored this amount against London Broncos, almost everyone would have been saying how they don't deserve to be in Superleague.  Yet I see none of those comments at all about Bradford (and London didn't concede anywhere near so many against Wigan either).  Strange, tha'

Bradford don't deserve to be in SL. Job done.

#64 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,943 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

Poor from a moderator
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#65 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 686 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:03 PM

Along with London they wont be next year

#66 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,166 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

Poor from a moderator

Moderators are allowed to express opinions.

#67 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,166 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

Along with London they wont be next year

It seems that way.

#68 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:11 PM

If Wigan had scored this amount against London Broncos, almost everyone would have been saying how they don't deserve to be in Superleague. Yet I see none of those comments at all about Bradford (and London didn't concede anywhere near so many against Wigan either). Strange, tha'

It doesn't need saying anymore, the SL rounds will sort out who is deserving and who is not. A good chance both wont be up to scratch.

On paper the Bradford team is much better than the London one, however their confidence is shot to pieces. It was the same with Wigan when we were losing 70-0 and 75-0 in consecutive weeks, it can just spiral out of control. Hopefully both teams will see better times by the end of the year and if not, then in years to come. Wigan are a good example of how things can turn around, although I accept that circumstances are much more difficult and challenging for both Bradford and London off the pitch.

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#69 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,792 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:40 PM

No one mentioned that Rovers didn't deserve a SL place when they got beaten by the same score at home last year either...
Posted Image

#70 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,166 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:51 PM

No one mentioned that Rovers didn't deserve a SL place when they got beaten by the same score at home last year either...

The thing is with Bradford (and London) that their problems go far deeper than just a one-off thrashing.

London will finish bottom that's a fairly safe bet but on present form it's hard to argue that Bradford won't be second bottom.

Hull KR finished 8th. How much would you bet that either Bradford or London will finish 8th?

#71 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,068 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

We are in a state, but player shortage and the quick turnround presumably affected the Bulls performance (I didn't go so can't comment on it).

I remember Wigan sticking seventy on us in a semi-final at Bolton. We weren't a desperately bad team then and we aren't now. We are just not performing.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#72 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 874 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:59 AM

Yep, people have short memories when it doesn't suit the point they want to make. Good to see how Hull KR have steadied the ship and come around since then.

Also they put 62 points against Widnes as well the week or so before.

#73 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

Bulls offer public apology.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#74 7723

• Coach
  • 595 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:33 AM

Credit to the Bradford fans who did come, they stayed until the very end. I don't think I have seen a team that poor for a while though. Every time Wigan had the ball they looked like scoring.

#75 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,166 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

Yep, people have short memories when it doesn't suit the point they want to make. Good to see how Hull KR have steadied the ship and come around since then.

Also they put 62 points against Widnes as well the week or so before.

Like I said, I don't think anyone would have made a comment based on one game. Bradford have huge off-field problems that KR simply don't have.

It's sad to see how a former giant has fallen on such hard time but right now Bradford don't seem to have the funds to run a competitive SL side.

I don't wish relegation on either them or Broncos but 14 teams are going to become 12 and it's hard to look past Broncos and Bradford as the teams most likely to go down.

Edited by Northern Sol, 22 April 2014 - 11:45 AM.

#76 londonrlfan

londonrlfan
  • Coach
  • 842 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

Gary Schofield trying to defend this would be funny

#77 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

Credit to the Bradford fans who did come, they stayed until the very end. I don't think I have seen a team that poor for a while though. Every time Wigan had the ball they looked like scoring.

Well, yeah  they just about did iirc.

The Bulls seem to have mentally given up and were physically busted before the game, and then lost two more [one of the kids with a broken leg] so it's hard to see where the changes are coming from. Maybe the cup tie will allow the squad to forget SL for a week or so. Personally I'd like to forget it for the rest of the season. Bring the shutters down on 2014 - let's go home, I think I've had enough.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#78 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

Having watched Super League Fulltime, lil bro asked why Wigan were wearing green socks.

So, why were Wigan wearing green socks?

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#79 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,068 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:07 AM

That's why we lost.

Wigan were camouflaged against the grass and we never saw them approaching our line.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#80 7723

• Coach
  • 595 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:34 AM

Having watched Super League Fulltime, lil bro asked why Wigan were wearing green socks.

So, why were Wigan wearing green socks?

Mental Health Awareness.

Super League champions Wigan Warriors have teamed up with local NHS mental health services to encourage fans and the community to ‘Tackle Your Memory'.

The new campaign is designed to highlight the availability of support for people who may be concerned that they or someone they know may have a memory problem.

Read more at http://www.wiganwarr...Yxob7KAdfU3X.99

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users