Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

SUPERB

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

What a result - a 42 -16 hammering of the big spenders and Crook with 9 goals - showing that the recent performances against Leigh were no fluke.  Unfortunately, no team will underestimate us now.  Keep on building/improving Hornets and who knows come the shake out?   Well done to all concerned and Happy Easter.  Great!

#2 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

I'm absolutely over the moon at this result.  All along IT has said that we would put up a good challenge to stay up even though we were behind the 8 ball by having smallest budget and 5 clubs being relegated but now we're putting a good run together.  Crusaders didn't even come close to a Bonus Point either!!!

All the division will be prepared for a fight as we climb the division!!

Let's hope the stayaways will come and give us another chance now we're on our way back up!!

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#3 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:06 PM

The man of the match today was....all 17 of them. What a superb performance, we controlled the game from start to finish. North Wales (and you know who I mean) tried to draw us into a fight, but we stuck to the game plan and gave them a lesson in Rugby League. Awesome try's and great kicking put us head and shoulders above the opposition, and it was great to see us play at full steam in the first ten minutes of both halves.

Well done to everyone, keep it up, there are more shocks to come I'm sure.

Thanks for a great day out.

Oh, forgot to mention the supporters, who outshouted the opposition supporters all the game, and they had two drums.

Kind Regards, from a very happy Baron

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#4 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:25 PM

Well done 'Ornits!

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#5 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 393 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

Fantastic display Hornets!The Ratu try with that dummy was straight out of the top drawer.Would have had Hemmings and Stevo purring.

Keep that form up and we have every chance.

#6 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:17 PM

well done hornets......after the touch up you got at post office road, you have really turned it around in the weeks since....keep it going !!!

#7 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 615 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:58 AM

Well done Hornets you easily deserved the victory yesterday and scored some great tries in the process.

We need to dust ourselves off and learn from our disappointment.

I'd like to add a great big THANK YOU to all the Hornets supporters who donated to the North Wales Crusaders Wheelchair RL Team bucket collection - we raised just over £200 so DIOLCH YN FAWR IAWN.

#8 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:36 PM

And DIOLCH YN FAWR IAWN. to you gogledd, for the welcome we had from the Cru supporters in the Turf and in the stand.

Thanks

Kind Regards

The Baron

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#9 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

Kicking myself I didn't go now.

#10 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 393 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:33 PM

We were great Tyrone.Best since the GF.Need to keep going before we go on the road. Swinton,Worky and Fax, all at Spotland.

#11 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

We were great Tyrone.Best since the GF.Need to keep going before we go on the road. Swinton,Worky and Fax, all at Spotland.

Mrs Shoelaces said we were great. She's been giving me a bit of stick today. There seems to be a great team spirit at the Club these days. Both on and off the pitch we seem to be pulling together. If we can win two of those three we should be well set up.

#12 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 393 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:08 AM

Clive Griffiths labelled Cru as "disgusting" and that we didnt have a lot to  do to win the game, League Express.

Very sour grapes.The fact is Hornets played them off the park.

Long may it continue.

#13 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:57 PM

I think we're all missing the real hero in this matter?!?!?

Ever since I think it was Bolton Roughyed pompously crowed that we hadn't shown any real improvement yet we've really hit the straps and are now climbing the Championship.

f you call in and look me up pal we'll have a pint!!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#14 The Collector

The Collector
  • Players
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

Clive Griffiths labelled Cru as "disgusting" and that we didnt have a lot to  do to win the game, League Express.
Very sour grapes.The fact is Hornets played them off the park.
Long may it continue.

Typical Clive Griffith comment. Giving no credit at all to an excellent Hornets performance. All Crusaders could offer was brawn and no skill.

I'm still waiting for him to complain about the number of Saints players we had as he has previously done.

Finally how petty was it of the Crusaders announcer to deliberately NOT announce any of the a Hornets scores. Bad manners and pathetic in my opinion.

#15 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 393 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:11 PM

Yes it was funny, Julie having to shout out our scores.They wiped the  score off immediately.Wonder if he fronts up to the fans in the bar like Ian Talbot does win or lose.Calling his players disgusting wont get him very far.

Bad day at the office.Lost to an excellent Hornets side, would be more appropiate.

#16 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:46 PM

If he was just announcing the home team scores he would have had a quiet afternoon,

#17 3feathers

3feathers
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:35 AM

There are no sour grapes.

Rochdale last year were an also ran, but this year your performance was top notch, and it's not a one off. You fully deserved your win, you put on a great performance, congratulations.

The frustration is what's happened to the Crusaders. We've serious glitches, hopefully we can work them out.

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season.

#18 dannyboy

dannyboy
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

The most pleasing part for me was the fact we played at a high tempo and intensity for the full 80 mins. In previous games we have switched off and let teams either create a gap that we’ve not been able to overturn or been way out in front and give teams a sniff of getting a result. Some great rugby played and that finish from Ratu was absolute class. Quality from the Hornets Support as usual!! :biggrin:

#19 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 615 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

Typical Clive Griffith comment. Giving no credit at all to an excellent Hornets performance. All Crusaders could offer was brawn and no skill.

I'm still waiting for him to complain about the number of Saints players we had as he has previously done.

Finally how petty was it of the Crusaders announcer to deliberately NOT announce any of the a Hornets scores. Bad manners and pathetic in my opinion.

I think Clive was concentrating on chastising our performance; I'm not sure there was any sour grapes regarding how Rochdale performed. You won at a canter and 'outplayed us in every department' - and that is on the NWC website for all to read.

I doubt very much that Clive Griffiths will complain about Saints players when we have loan Widnes players on the books at Crusaders. Plus that would just be making excuses for what was a dreadful performance from our players.

I was at the ground and heard scores being announced all the way through the game - whichever side scored - perhaps you guys were celebrating so loudly you just missed the announcements. They definitely were made and you could hear them quite clearly in the library-quiet section of the Cru support!! We definitely don't go in for bad manners at Crusaders and are rightly proud of our friendly welcome to all opposition supporters.

#20 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

I have it on authority from Mrs Shoelaces who was actually there that not a single Hornets try, goal or penalty was announced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users