Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

haven reaction

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#101 Billy Bob

Billy Bob
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

The problem in getting real good DR players is that clubs have to pay high loan costs, I was informed that Rochdale owe thousands of pounds for their DR players, so if Town are getting players for free or for next to nothing then Wigan are insisting that they are included in the team ?

#102 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:35 PM

Whilst a lot on this blog is sour grapes due to being beaten by the old enemy, it is fact that Haven had only 18 players available to select from St Helens withdrawing their DR players.
Town had virtually a full squad to select from, yes the game was errors from both sides, however this was a derby game and players were getting stuck in so dropped balls and errors occurred.
I thought with Mattinson, Stack etc, Town would have won this game at a stroll, and based on last weeks performance against Sheffield why not, now I wonder how good are Sheffield when you consider Barrow beat them at Sheffield ?
Fair dues to Haven they wanted the win more than Town and in the end they deserved it by keeping Town of the score sheet for all of the second half.
Why should we whinge about Doran he did an excellent job for Haven and wish he had been wearing a Town shirt.
However I agree that both teams will not avoid relegation unless huge improvements are made in both teams performances.
Regarding Culnean he will soon be 35 years old, there is no future investing in player of his age, Fox a decent player but unfortunately he is very injury prone, turned out for Egremont on Saturday was on the field for ten minutes and retired injured for the rest of the game, also why would amateurs be interested in signing for Town and Haven when both clubs don't have second teams, and DR players keep locals from getting a game.

Town fan are you Billy Bob ?.Funny thing is there was a Billy Bob that used to go on the N&S message board slagging the Town off at every opportunity.!! and you don't seem very sympathetic towards the Club..

So haven were down to the bare bones were they, apart from having no DR which other first team players did you have missing ?  Our most potent strike player was out injured (Miller) and Lupton Mcavoy and Stack were on the bench because they were recovering from injury. Not making excuses best team won, just don't come the against the odds crack.................Choccy ? No even he wouldn't pretend to be a Town fan.......would he ?  :tongue:  

#103 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

At the end of the day we were beaten by Haven, and could not score a single point in the second half, whingeing about their coach Dave Woods, the Recre ground, Lee Doran, does not matter to the Haven supporters their team won and they have the bragging rights, concentrate on Towns survival in this league. 

Cut the *** you've been sussed old son, just have the balls to come on here as an haven fan, we could handle that  ;)

#104 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 871 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

Well so far i am so disappointed with our DR with Wigan we seem to be getting 3 lads up that i think we have there position coverd,we badly need a couple of props a stand off and a centre, now with the squad they have you would think that would be no problem, 

Just got back from seeing Wigan smash the bulls what a display, two young men stood out for me were Ryan Hampshire and George Williams would love to see these two in a Town top, they would destroy anything in our league and solve our half back problem no end, although I cant see us getting them now :sleep: , Gelling played well again, Dudson is a different player in a Wigan top !! Connor Farrell wasn't used so we may get him back, god help Hunslet next week, on that display it could top 106 !!

#105 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:12 PM

I just can't understand why we've never got Hampshire up, hardly ever used at Wigan but never seen up here. It's a bizarre one.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#106 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:19 PM

Watch out for another new poster's name now unicorn106!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#107 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 871 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:25 PM

I just can't understand why we've never got Hampshire up, hardly ever used at Wigan but never seen up here. It's a bizarre one.

He was class today wonky, the lad can kick goals as well, he would fit the bill no end for Town but cant see us getting him, the Wigan folk round us were over the moon with all their young talent on show it was quite impressive.

Jordan James took a lot of ball up, played well.

#108 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

It's getting desperate so we need top quality from Wigan from now on if DR is gonna be our thing . Tougher with every loss and fixtures from hell to come, so hopefully they put it in for us . We need them to come to the party with all the ammo they can offer as we hit the meat of the season , because if these up and coming group of games go belly up it'll then be to late to matter . Has to be now if we're gonna get these top guys not in their 17 . Abu identified it right - we need two props , a half and a classy back , or preferably two . This is the way we've decided to go , so sod what others may say ... We have to go all in as it's our only shot .. Give us the five best guys you can please who can improve us and help us stay alive . We aren't good enough as we are , so we need to squeeze our only plan for all it's worth from now .

Edited by DavidM, 21 April 2014 - 08:47 PM.

#109 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:48 PM

I am not being funny but ok the jampots won their cup final can we move on.they were as bad as us but made less mistakes. Let's move on.

#110 Spacecake

Spacecake
  • Players
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:00 AM

We were as bad as you with less mistakes ??!! Surely that makes us better than you :0)

#111 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:00 AM

Surely Hampshire won't get much game time with Bowen at full back and smith partnering green in the halfs. I would try to get him and Williams up and move Callum to rotating hooker with Matty.

#112 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 871 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:28 AM

Surely Hampshire won't get much game time with Bowen at full back and smith partnering green in the halfs. I would try to get him and Williams up and move Callum to rotating hooker with Matty.

wonky, these two kids distroyed the Bulls yesterday, I would love to see them playing for us but I cant see it happening, these two are really good.

#113 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:32 AM

Good shout wonky . With Powell fit you'd think there's not room for him and Williams there . And Powell seems the wonder kid . Tompkins should hopefully go back there to quite soon . One should be free . Hampshire great , but Tierney is a fine deputy to take .Hopefully we get our prop rotation back to . Gelling to , but didn't thornley get injured - so he may get a gig there now .

Edited by DavidM, 22 April 2014 - 10:34 AM.

#114 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:38 AM

We want them if they're really good !!! They can be spectacular but all that matters is that there not in their 17 ... There's 17 really good players in front of them !! Both are behind players nailed on to play the vast majority of games

Edited by DavidM, 22 April 2014 - 10:40 AM.

#115 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

wonky, these two kids distroyed the Bulls yesterday, I would love to see them playing for us but I cant see it happening, these two are really good.

I would fancy forber and Lupton to destroy the bulls, there awful at the moment. As David m says there not going to start in front of Greene and smith, and if they do then surely that would free them up. You can't play with 4 half backs so we should be able to get at least 1 up.

#116 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

Maybe not Lupton that would involve having a go

#117 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:55 AM

Watch out for another new poster's name now unicorn106!!!!

What a sad individual Keith, he must think we are all stupid.

#118 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:24 PM

Logan Tompkins extends loan spell at Salford to end of season ... Shaun Wane says we have excellent cover here in Williams and Powell , who are impressing in the first team ...

Edited by DavidM, 23 April 2014 - 02:24 PM.

#119 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

Logan Tompkins extends loan spell at Salford to end of season ... Shaun Wane says we have excellent cover here in Williams and Powell , who are impressing in the first team ...

no mention of Hampshire though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users