43-10

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

Given our injury list, a phenomenal result.

Makes the loss at Swinton even more baffling

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#2 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:19 PM

i'd agree.well done.

fully deserved to win by that score.no complaints/excuses at all.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#3 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:21 PM

i'd agree.well done.

fully deserved to win by that score.no complaints/excuses at all.

Typically, I missed this game, but respect to you. As a Rams fan I would (and have) be finding every excuse in the book had we lost!

#4 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:21 PM

Except that batley were shi:::

#5 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:24 PM

Typically, I missed this game, but respect to you. As a Rams fan I would (and have) be finding every excuse in the book had we lost!

nope.cant feasibly think of any excuse to be honest.

we were bad and dewsbury played far better.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#6 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:32 PM

We'd struggle to find an excuse for that game.

We were truly atrocious tonight and Dewsbury did the basics right. I'm amazed it was only 43-10 to be honest.

#7 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

Annoyed I missed it (down in Norfolk with girlfriend's family!), but I'm sure the Dogs will bounce back and stay up with games to spare (I hope we do too!). We need both HW sides in SL2.

#8 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:43 PM

Annoyed I missed it (down in Norfolk with girlfriend's family!), but I'm sure the Dogs will bounce back and stay up with games to spare (I hope we do too!). We need both HW sides in SL2.

Another one who is gutted to say I missed it....well done to all concerned and looking forward to ossy's report. Glad our "winning" team turned up...

#9 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,546 posts

This league is wide open and all the better for it in my opinion.

PMSL at PM and his sycophantic cronies though.

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#10 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 943 posts

well done dews,tom hemmingway was massive for you guys in running things, we wouldent a managed a full set if we  had played all weekend. worse thing for me is i cant see with some a the players we have us getting any better at all. just plain tripe besides are workhorses like baz,jd,rowie,chandler,  the likes a finnigin. and patto and leatherbarrow wouldent make a second team if we had one. :rtfm:  does make you wonder just how good the folks are who pick these super players.

Edited by silverback, 18 April 2014 - 08:44 PM.

#11 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

well done dews,tom hemmingway was massive for you guys in running things, we wouldent a managed a full set if we had played all weekend. worse thing for me is i cant see with some a the players we have us getting any better at all. just plain tripe besides are workhorses like baz,jd,rowie,chandler, the likes a finnigin. and patto and leatherbarrow wouldent make a second team if we had one. :rtfm: does make you wonder just how good the folks are who pick these super players.

I think people are now getting a bit fed up of the same old spin that our coaching staff are feeding us fans.
I renember a comment john kear made after our second or third game this year claiming we wouldn't be playing our best rugby until 2 thirds of the way through the season and thought what a ludicrous statement! We might as well not bother turning up to watch them until then eh?
And as someone has alluded to it,these players just are not good enough.
Or Journeymen money grabbers who no one else wanted.

#12 MirfieldRams

MirfieldRams
  • Coach
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

Thought we played really well tonight, although was anyone's game for first 15 mins.

Kicking games was much better and whilst Batley weren't great, I think it was our defense and scoring at critical times in game, that forced the errors, as they chased the game.

Hopefully, we will get the credit we deserve and it's not about Batley not turning up.

Maybe MadMorros should let the lads were playing Batley and Feth every week, as seem to be up for bigger games this season
Up The Rams

Mirfield Rams

#13 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

Awesome result for The Rams. We hardly put a foot wrong the whole game. To be fair, Batley had a mare of a game. They kicked out on the full from the kick off and that set the tone for them. However, The rams were very much up for this and ran the ball in hard all game (Spicer especially). Also a very good crowd. Always decent banter . Unlike those ***** from Fev.

#14 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:16 PM

Rams played well but Batley made a lot of errors and gave away too many penalties. Doubt they would have beaten anyone on that performance.

Pryce was very busy tonight on defence and attack, Grady had another good game, half backs ran the match. Only thing I would say is that Tonks for all his effort is just not big enough. 100% effort but size does count.

Will be interesting to see how we go against the likes of Leigh and Halifax

#15 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:20 PM

Rams played well but Batley made a lot of errors and gave away too many penalties. Doubt they would have beaten anyone on that performance.

Pryce was very busy tonight on defence and attack, Grady had another good game, half backs ran the match. Only thing I would say is that Tonks for all his effort is just not big enough. 100% effort but size does count.

Will be interesting to see how we go against the likes of Leigh and Halifax

I've been saying for years that Tonks needs to bulk up

Edited by Eddie_Rombo, 18 April 2014 - 10:22 PM.

#16 humblehack

humblehack
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:51 PM

I don't understand why Batley imploded tonight but Dewsbury took full full advantage and credit to them. What looked like a typical close fought derby early on turned into a rout. Shrugging off injury concerns after the roller-coaster loss at Swinton the Rams actually turned out a strong 17 and every man jack played their part. Thackeray got the official man-of-the-match but Scott and particularly Grady did well while Hemingway was composed in the middle. The forwards charged in all night and I was pleased to see Haggerty in combative mood while Spicer marked a playing milestone with a tenacious performance. Batley forced too many passes in the second half because they were chasing the game. They fell away badly as the Rams kept up the pressure. The secret now is for Glenn Morrison to produce the same performance next time out.

We owed Batley one after a string of defeats. Their forum is buzzing with their supporters wanting an inquest but they will bounce back, just as we have. It's great to witness the passion that the Championship excites. And a 2,000 crowd tonight's not bad either.

#17 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:57 PM

Great result I left the stadium very happy , we have had some poor performances in the last couple of years in the derby game we were overdue this result. We did all the basics right still lots to work on though. As for our neighbours worst team I have seen from them in a few years couldn't even manage to complete a set. Finnigan was as bad as I remember him playing for us.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#18 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:40 PM

Thought we were excellent tonight, forwards very aggressive in defence and attack, backs very creative and for a change we got nearly every 50-50 call, well worth a night off work.

We now have to produce this performance next week.

#19 Flattopper

Flattopper
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:33 AM

I have just spent a a very pleasant 30 minutes browsing the Dogs forum wallowing in delicious Schadenfreude.

Apparently the coach, who guided them to a Grand Final not so long ago, is now an incompetent nincompoop who's more interested in media appearances than attending to his job, the players are all mediocre mercenaries, the club's shareholders are all self-serving embezzlers, and too many of the supporters are fair-weather fans, leaving before the game is finished.  Apart from that everything seems more or less OK.

I have to admit that the coach is reported to have said, pre-season, that the team would not play to their full-potential until 2/3rds of the way through the season, which, even allowing that time may be needed for them to "gel", was a pretty strange prediction? It does seem though, one which is, initially at least, proving accurate?

But let's not get too euphoric, two weeks hence we have to go to Keighley, and as Swinton just recently demonstrated, we're not yet unbeatable.  And Leigh seem to be pretty impressive, so the potential for losing a few points still looms large?

Nevertheless a pleasing result.  Looking forwards to Chris' "View from the South Stand"!

#20 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:47 AM

That was a brilliant performance,the best I've seen in a darby game for a few seasons,the forwards were awesome laying the platform for the backs to run batley ragged. Vinny Finnegan what can I say,that's how us rams fans remember him ######!!!! The team did the club & themselves proud tonight,this is for you Tina even Pryce put a shift in UTR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users