Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

43-10

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:57 AM

A most enjoyable game in all ways. We played so much better than last week to make that performance baffling, but Batley also played their part with a fairly woeful last sixty minutes. I think this game reinforced the truism that this league is closer than ever and each team is only as good as its last performance; our last performance was excellent however.

A big plus point for me, no doubt unnoticed by most, was that the referee had a very good game - pretty unobtrusive, allowed the game to flow, made a couple of mistakes but didn't get flustered by them. fans criticise poor refereeing displays yet hardly ever praise good ones.

Finally, I was amazed and delighted by the crowd. As far as I could tell there hadn't been any major promotion of the game so this does prove that there is a real appetite for attractive matches when the weather is good and people have sufficient spare time to make the most of it. (Although no doubt some may claim that there would have been an even bigger attendance had it been on Sunday :derisive: )

Let's hope that we can carry this form and commitment into the next match at Keighley.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#22 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:33 AM

Maybe it was because it was on a Friday night?

#23 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:33 AM

Wev had some brill crowds this year so far. I do however feel if they was 2,000 last night and 3,000 v Wigan then they was a lot more than the 2,000 we got v fev for first match. Leigh next up at home, could we be the first team to beat them this year? Wouldn't surprise me if we did but lose at keighley week before... Hopefully another 2k crowd v Leigh in afew weeks time and still to play fax at home yet. Crowds are really looking up this season so far

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 19 April 2014 - 11:37 AM.

#24 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:31 PM

Footage here:

Enjoy :)

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#25 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:37 PM

Footage here:

Will there be a DVD of this match?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#26 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,955 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

I hope not! ;-)

#27 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:42 PM

Yes.

Call 01924 465489 on Tuesday and request one. Don't have prices to hand unfortunately.

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#28 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:43 PM

Maybe it was because it was on a Friday night?

Or maybe it was because it was a bank holiday and a decent night ;) Probably the only night match I'll get to see this year, so chuffed it was a good one - unless you're a dogs fan of course.

#29 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

Even Pricey put a shift in.Well half a one. lol

#30 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

Delighted. Cannot recall the last time we did that to Batley. Anybody got historical details of such a victory?
The defence was back to what I had hoped for and our attacking moves were better. Just hope it now continues.
For Dewsbury fans it was highly entertaining and didn't we respond at the end!

The referee did make a couple of mistakes and did look for help from his touch judges who didn't respond.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#31 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:44 AM

Footage here:

Got to say, whoever is doing the video work is doing a top class job - very professional. Well done folks, keep up the excellent work.

#32 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:39 AM

Agreed. Welldone mate. Another professional job done by all concerned.. Nice to hear away fans praising our stadium too, Wigan other week and the bulldogs the other day

#33 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

Great footage.

Who's the charming Bulldogs fan behind the posts seen "loosening his wrist" at 5:11?

Hilarious!

#34 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:49 PM

I noticed that too Tom haha,

#35 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:12 AM

Footage here:

Brilliant. Many thanks from someone who missed it. Looks like one of those nights when everything went right. Let's hope it's the same against keighley.

#36 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,955 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:29 AM

Delighted. Cannot recall the last time we did that to Batley. Anybody got historical details of such a victory?
The defence was back to what I had hoped for and our attacking moves were better. Just hope it now continues.
For Dewsbury fans it was highly entertaining and didn't we respond at the end!

The referee did make a couple of mistakes and did look for help from his touch judges who didn't respond.

I seem to remember you beating us 49-6 (or something similar) in a cup game at the Mount 6 or 7 years ago.

#37 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 993 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:28 AM

I seem to remember you beating us 49-6 (or something similar) in a cup game at the Mount 6 or 7 years ago.

Remember the game well, it was a Northern Rail group game, Dean Lawford had a great game for us, was in complete control of the match.

#38 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

Just painfully watched that again, can't quite believe how many times we knocked on, this isn't sour grapes cos you soundly beat us but I don't believe we ripped the ball as many times as the ref gave, nobody is that stupid not even us. However well done Dewsbury you played really well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users