Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Match Report: Dewsbury Rams 43-10 Batley Bulldogs

Dewsbury Rams Batley Bulldogs Tom Hemingway

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:34 PM

http://www.batleybul...-in-local-derby

Shortened report. For obvious reasons. Not a lot of positives to write about after that showing.

#2 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 683 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:50 PM

Can't bring myself to read this one just yet mark. Might sleep on it and have a look in the morning.

Edited by M Hopkins, 18 April 2014 - 09:55 PM.

#3 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

I've been waiting years for this win. Dewsbury forced errors from Batley as you were playing catch up rugby. What I was surprised by was the one man rugby you were playing. Your hooker had a good game I thought

Shortened report. For obvious reasons. Not a lot of positives to write about after that showing.

#4 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:11 PM

I've been waiting years for this win. Dewsbury forced errors from Batley as you were playing catch up rugby. What I was surprised by was the one man rugby you were playing. Your hooker had a good game I thought

You've lost the plot again Rombo!! Good work...

#5 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:34 PM

You've lost the plot again Rombo!! Good work...

it was your players that lost the plot. Dewsbury played well and didn't let you play. boo hoo long season ahead for Batley

#6 humblehack

humblehack
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:18 PM

It's the first time Glenn Morrison's Rams have put one over John Kear and for a brief period at least Dewsbury fans can enjoy a feeling of supremacy. They are proving to be genuine play-off contenders.

Batley dipped badly after a 50:50 opening quarter and then dipped again as they chased the game in the second half,spilling ball every set.

They won't cough up so much ball again and I expect the return at Batley will be totally different.

The reaction to the derby is always passionate but in a week or two I'm sure JK will be putting out a winning side again. Let's hope both sides finish high up the Championship as long we are one place higher. Good luck this season. PS Ignore immature Rams fans like ER. Hopefully he might go away...

#7 Paladin

Paladin
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:39 PM

As an erstwhile Batley supporter I have to admit that Dewsbury deserved their win even considering the capitulation mentioned elsewhere.

But nothing can take away my pride in watching and listening to our coach on Sky.

One of the best. We should be thankful.

Have gun....will travel....Wire Paladin

#8 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:46 PM

do you know anything about the game ?.....PS,,when we drop the ball with no one around us.....the errors are not forced ?....and yes we play one man rugby all the time...which is quite pointless as we struggle to complete the sets.....

#9 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:49 PM

Second best in every department.

Left 25 minutes from the end disgusted.

Take nothing away from Dewsbury but the players and in particular JK need to take a long hard look at themselves tonight.

Anyone who questions this either hasnt watched many games this season or lacks brain cells.

Enough is enough Mr Kear - sort it out or step aside.

Edited by buford t justice, 18 April 2014 - 11:49 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#10 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:06 AM

Second best in every department.

Left 25 minutes from the end disgusted.

Take nothing away from Dewsbury but the players and in particular JK need to take a long hard look at themselves tonight.

Anyone who questions this either hasnt watched many games this season or lacks brain cells.

Enough is enough Mr Kear - sort it out or step aside.

What kind of fan are you leaving 25 minutes from the end? I've always stayed to the end after years of defeats to Batley.

#11 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:13 AM

do you know anything about the game ?.....PS,,when we drop the ball with no one around us.....the errors are not forced ?....and yes we play one man rugby all the time...which is quite pointless as we struggle to complete the sets.....

Is that the best you can come up with? Admit it Dewsbury didn't allow you to play and dispite our injuries gave you a right good kicking. I've read on here about the coaching etc but surely its about the incompetence of your players. Kear's a good coach. It's amazing how your so called fans were singing his praises last season then blame him for last nights 'performance.' I know more about rugby league than you do.....after all who the hell in their right mind would follow Batley. hmm maybe that's why your attendances are so low.

#12 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:10 AM

Is that the best you can come up with? Admit it Dewsbury didn't allow you to play and dispite our injuries gave you a right good kicking. I've read on here about the coaching etc but surely its about the incompetence of your players. Kear's a good coach. It's amazing how your so called fans were singing his praises last season then blame him for last nights 'performance.' I know more about rugby league than you do.....after all who the hell in their right mind would follow Batley. hmm maybe that's why your attendances are so low.

Seriously, how old are you? I've never seen such juvenile posts on this forum. Grow up, Rombo.

#13 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:17 AM

It's been a long time since Dewsbury had a better team than Batley. I don't care what vile rubbish you throw at me. the fact that some of your so called fans left with 25 minutes to go is pathetic maybe its them that need to grow up!

#14 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 966 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:52 AM

coarse we sang his praises last season as we were probably 3 players away been at the very top a table,we had everything in tactical kickers/high bombs and plenty a players who could scoot at ptb and score,but best of all we had 2 players who could bark orders and get the best out the players at any point of the game, but we aint got that now when it counts and every team around us seems to have strengthened up including yourselfs, should we sing praises now or see massive changes before were in bottom 4.

#15 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:27 AM

Other than in the Boxing day friendly this is the first time that I have seen Batley play this season and I must say that I was surprised. Despite having some pretty speedy backs the basic tactic seemed to be to drive up the middle hoping to connect with short balls, either to the inside or outside; i don't recall a single expansive move. Admittedly this wasn't helped by poor ball retention but it is a style of play that I haven't seen persisted with so much since Peter Fox's last years at Bradford Northern.

I can understand the massive disappointment with last night's performance but I am also now understanding the general complaints about this year's style of play that have been voiced on here. I'm sorry to say that more of the same will just result in, yes, more of the same.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#16 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

Our attacking options have been poor all season. Last night really illustrated that, compounded by a catastrophic error rate. Absolutely no complaints about the result - I actually think we were fortunate to restrict the score to 43.

#17 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

Our attacking options have been poor all season. Last night really illustrated that, compounded by a catastrophic error rate. Absolutely no complaints about the result - I actually think we were fortunate to restrict the score to 43.

We were fortunate to get 10.

#18 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:54 AM

It's been a long time since Dewsbury had a better team than Batley. I don't care what vile rubbish you throw at me. the fact that some of your so called fans left with 25 minutes to go is pathetic maybe its them that need to grow up!

You really are a shallow, pitiful excuse for a man.  How can you show yourself up by hiding away for months and then reappear in your usual gloating, snide style with an absolute torrent of ungracious, ill-informed posts on the back of a solitary victory.  If you had the wit to realise it, everyone has accepted that Dewsbury were clearly the better team and deserved to win.  The dialogue into which you are intruding is an expression of disappointment, and yes anger I suppose, that Batley are completely failing to perform in such a vital year.  It is a monumental display of insecurity on your part that you stay up half the night to exploit that frustration in such a peurile way.  Enjoy your moment of success but try not to utilise it as a tool to add insult to injury among those on the wrong side of the result.  Its called graciousness - it applies in victory or defeat.   

#19 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:32 PM

You really are a shallow, pitiful excuse for a man. How can you show yourself up by hiding away for months and then reappear in your usual gloating, snide style with an absolute torrent of ungracious, ill-informed posts on the back of a solitary victory. If you had the wit to realise it, everyone has accepted that Dewsbury were clearly the better team and deserved to win. The dialogue into which you are intruding is an expression of disappointment, and yes anger I suppose, that Batley are completely failing to perform in such a vital year. It is a monumental display of insecurity on your part that you stay up half the night to exploit that frustration in such a peurile way. Enjoy your moment of success but try not to utilise it as a tool to add insult to injury among those on the wrong side of the result. Its called graciousness - it applies in victory or defeat.

Maybe you should teach some of the Batley fans about graciousness after the years of ridicule and abuse us Rams fans have received over the years!

#20 vile rodders

vile rodders
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

What we witnessed last night was probably the worst completion rate ever by any team in a competative match.

No positives at all and it will probably happen again as this is a truly awful team,the style of rugby we play doesn.t

help but we might as well play one out rugby because we clearly cannot pass or catch the ball.

The centre/wing duo Paterson and Finnegan should in my opinion never play for us again as they are woefully

short of everything required at this level.JK has not made the signings of the required level which has resulted

in the little money we had been wasted,very disappointed that a coach of his experiance has failed so miserably.