Dewsbury Rams Batley Bulldogs Tom Hemingway

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

What we witnessed last night was probably the worst completion rate ever by any team in a competative match.

No positives at all and it will probably happen again as this is a truly awful team,the style of rugby we play doesn.t

help but we might as well play one out rugby because we clearly cannot pass or catch the ball.

The centre/wing duo Paterson and Finnegan should in my opinion never play for us again as they are woefully

short of everything required at this level.JK has not made the signings of the required level which has resulted

in the little money we had been wasted,very disappointed that a coach of his experiance has failed so miserably.

spot on,and its probably cost just as much to have far too many ordinary players rather than fewer who can do whats req. and theres far more than patto and vinny whos not fit for purpose.

#22 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:54 AM

I can't see how you can say we have far too many players rather than fewer when the number in the squad is so small and the is reason why we have gone down the Dual reg route plus recently having to get loan players in to cover.  Look at the back of the match programme and see how many players Dewsbury have compared to us.

#23 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:54 AM

i was going to say the same as fred... think we only have a squad of 20 before dual reg so not a massive squad unlike most other teams in our league

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#24 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:13 AM

I can't see how you can say we have far too many players rather than fewer when the number in the squad is so small and the is reason why we have gone down the Dual reg route plus recently having to get loan players in to cover.  Look at the back of the match programme and see how many players Dewsbury have compared to us.

We do have a large squad fred, but apart from the friendlies and the first round challenge cup tie, the match day squad has hardly changed. Many of the squad are unlikely to feature this time, presumably because GM doesn't really rate them as good enough. Indeed we have recently played a loan player rather than give them the chance to claim a regular spot. On Friday, some of those that took to the field were walking wounded and probably shouldn't have played, given the size of our squad, but that seems to be the way GM does things. Given that he is by and large doing a decent job, I don't suppose we can complain, but it does make you wonder why players who were only ever going to go out on loan were signed in the first place. Should we have a real injury crisis, I have no reason to believe he wouldn't sign more loanees rather than trust his back ups.

#25 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

nope, what i mean is we have far too many ordinary players amongst the squad we have and in order to change or make things better we cant sign any more until some are moved on. i really cant see us turning things round with players,so would it have worked out better/cheaper to have had less players but at least 6 fresh who can play better then the 12 or more we have got,i know some came with big raps but these are players that WERE decent like patto was couple a seasons ago.i think were in for some bad results as players are getting worse not better,same old same wont work and once our loanees have gone back were in the sh** again, i dont think the dr elps even thou likes been said we couldent have squad without them as the lads that sit out or are water boys must feel left out and aint going to put it week after when there then asked to put a shirt,or at least thats whats looking to be happening at times this season. i hope a few changes are made and someone else gets to kicking job on the last.hell even griffin got sick of the same old dink over time after time with no effect and ran the ball in and blasted a real high bomb friday that brought a misstake of dews so why cant leather do the same now and again,??when was last time we threw it on the last and scored or had a simple grubber bounce thru for someone to pounce on,even pryce bet leather to a lose ball and we know how quick he is, anyway onwards and upwards.

#26 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,272 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

I seem to recall Fred that DR players formed a main plank in your club's recruitment strategy this year and their use hasn't been something that the club has been forced into, quite the opposite in fact. their unavailability on Friday shows the DR system up for the fiasco that it may become.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#27 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:22 PM

their unavailability on Friday shows the DR system up for the fiasco that it may become.

Absolutely bang on the money BSJ.

my thoughts to a tee when i heard of their unavailability.

this was one ofthe things i was most concerned about when i heard of our reliance on the dual reg players during our recruitment.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#28 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

That is what I was trying to say. The club said at the beginning of the season that they had signed the number of players they could afford and these would be supplemented by DR. Obviously that number was then reduced by 2.
However I think only Blackmore would have been in the starting line up, with possibly one other DR on the bench. Would they have made such a difference to the result? I don't think so.

Edited by fredm, 20 April 2014 - 12:24 PM.

#29 vile rodders

vile rodders
  • Coach
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:31 PM

So what we are really saying here is our team is in terminal decline

bacause we can only afford to sign mediocre players backed up by

dual reg. and loans. That tells me our days of punching above our

weight is over.Ah well it was good while it lasted, back to 2009 form.

#30 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:36 PM

That is what I was trying to say. The club said at the beginning of the season that they had signed the number of players they could afford and these would be supplemented by DR. Obviously that number was then reduced by 2.
However I think only Blackmore would have been in the starting line up, with possibly one other DR on the bench. Would they have made such a difference to the result? I don't think so.

yep i understand what yer saying fred, but if funds were low surely we should have been more carefull of who we signed and costs involved and maybe had a couple less brought in so others could have been more quality, i dont know the ins and outs of wages and dont need to but the likes aspinal,conner,finnigin,patto,brennan,nicholson, showed us nothing.  as for friday i would have loved breth to have been on park with fairbanks but i know that couldent be, not sure on blakemoor as his defence looks out a sorts even thou hes good running with the ball, i would have thought plenty of players would have wanted to have a chance to be coached by jk but yet some quality players seem to pop up signed for other clubs and not always top 4 sqauds.looking at the bulldogs own homepage still as ash and flanny on first page pictures and the team list aint what we have now either with mullaly.conner.mason,aspinnal.jc.johnson,faal. so is there an up to date team list so we can see who have avaliable and ready to play for haven game,all the best.

#31 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:44 PM

Talking about the club website - that is a whole new ball game.

And worthy of a thread all of it's very own!

#32 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

I seem to recall Fred that DR players formed a main plank in your club's recruitment strategy this year and their use hasn't been something that the club has been forced into, quite the opposite in fact. their unavailability on Friday shows the DR system up for the fiasco that it may become.

Who said the DR were unavailable

#33 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

Who said the DR were unavailable

heard that they were unavailable due to giants having 2 games over the easter weekend

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#34 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

heard that they were unavailable due to giants having 2 games over the easter weekend

did you hear that from any official source tho

#35 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,908 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

Seeing as I work on the website, I'd be very interested to hear what you mean by that comment.

#36 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

I was picking up on the comment by Silverback who said the website was not up to date.

In particular - There has never been any mention of the signing of Josh Griffin on the Official Club Website; there is no picture of Sam Scott or any details of the coaching staff except JK even though the season is 2 months old; the Club Honours does not show being Grand Finalists in 2013; and on the list of Directors and Staff there is a picture of the late Ron Earnshaw under the title of Life President. Plus the advert in relation to Hospitality says "Download our 2012 Sponsorship Brochure" - either it is out of date or do we need to advertise that our latest brochure is 2 years out of date?

#37 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,908 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

I was picking up on the comment by Silverback who said the website was not up to date.

In particular - There has never been any mention of the signing of Josh Griffin on the Official Club Website; there is no picture of Sam Scott or any details of the coaching staff except JK even though the season is 2 months old; the Club Honours does not show being Grand Finalists in 2013; and on the list of Directors and Staff there is a picture of the late Ron Earnshaw under the title of Life President. Plus the advert in relation to Hospitality says "Download our 2012 Sponsorship Brochure" - either it is out of date or do we need to advertise that our latest brochure is 2 years out of date?

Okay. I can look into those things. Unfortunately, I do not control a lot of the static content, that task belongs to an external company. This can be quite frustrating at times but the reasons are understandable. I do actually pine for the days when I ran my own independent website which I totally controlled, but I decided to shelve that in 2008 to help the club directly instead. Just for clarity, I, like a lot of people at the club, give up a considerable amount of my own time to ensure that the website is maintained as much as possible within my control. When I am instructed to do so by the club I load signing information. I was not asked to load information about Josh for a specific reason and once he had actually played for us, it was pretty obvious he had signed. We have the fastest and most comprehensive match report service in the entire Rugby League. Again, I give up considerable time on an evening to ensure this. I try and get as much access to the players and coach as possible (often at quite unsociable times for both myself and the players) to keep fans up to date and our site is never out of date with the day-to-day dynamic content. Even on the odd occasion we may delay a story, the instantaneous social media coverage on twitter and facebook fills the gap.

I'm sure your intentions in the above post are well-meaning, but it is very easy to pick fault in such a large entity as a website (there is a hell of a lot of content to maintain). I do this on my own in my own time and it is quite disheartening that I appear to have now also fallen in line with the current climate of blame culture for an out of date website. Thing is, I'll keep doing my best, because I know most people appreciate the efforts of all the volunteers at the club. For a reality check on this - take a look at some of the other websites in the league compared to ours and see how we compare.

Edited by Chairman LMAO, 20 April 2014 - 08:47 PM.

#38 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:52 AM

I often find that the moaners are at the back of the queue when it comes to giving either their time or money.

To pinch a phrase from the great Janet Jackson. What have you done for the Bulldogs lately?

#39 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM

I often find that the moaners are at the back of the queue when it comes to giving either their time or money.

To pinch a phrase from the great Janet Jackson. What have you done for the Bulldogs lately?

I know the majority of the people "moaning" on this thread and the majority have helped to raise thousands of pounds for the club and give there time serving on the BISSA Committee, collecting money week after week for the Daily Draw, doing sponsored walks/runs , buying shirts and sponsoring the club amongst other things.

Do not really see the point of your post when it does not contain any facts and is after Batley's worst display since the 72-0 defeat at Halifax in 2009.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#40 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

I know the majority of the people "moaning" on this thread and the majority have helped to raise thousands of pounds for the club and give there time serving on the BISSA Committee, collecting money week after week for the Daily Draw, doing sponsored walks/runs , buying shirts and sponsoring the club amongst other things.

Do not really see the point of your post when it does not contain any facts and is after Batley's worst display since the 72-0 defeat at Halifax in 2009.

Sorry, I should have used a different word, "moaners" is far too vague. I meant people making personal attacks on the club and directors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users