Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Match Report: Dewsbury Rams 43-10 Batley Bulldogs

Dewsbury Rams Batley Bulldogs Tom Hemingway

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,184 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

Mark, cant you go back to doing it 100% yourself but with the "official website" tag and support from the club, you know you want to.

#42 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:31 PM

Other than in the Boxing day friendly this is the first time that I have seen Batley play this season and I must say that I was surprised. Despite having some pretty speedy backs the basic tactic seemed to be to drive up the middle hoping to connect with short balls, either to the inside or outside; i don't recall a single expansive move. Admittedly this wasn't helped by poor ball retention but it is a style of play that I haven't seen persisted with so much since Peter Fox's last years at Bradford Northern.

I can understand the massive disappointment with last night's performance but I am also now understanding the general complaints about this year's style of play that have been voiced on here. I'm sorry to say that more of the same will just result in, yes, more of the same.

We play this way most of the time BSJ and yes even with one pass rugby we still drop the ball. If we cant bully teams we are usually in trouble. This side isnt a patch on last seasons. We lost 12 players and the fitness conditioner and it shows. JK needs a plan B at the moment we do not have one.   

#43 dean ram

dean ram
  • Facebook
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

ive been to many derby games in the past few years and have always been impressed with the batley teams on show. good fridays game however was totally different. batley teams of old seemed to more hungry and motivated than dewsbury. personally you deffo miss the likes of maun, preecy and bretherton who know just how much it means to the people of the 2 towns. hope you turn it around cos both clubs need to stay in this division. dewsbury and batley need each other!

#44 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:24 PM

ive been to many derby games in the past few years and have always been impressed with the batley teams on show. good fridays game however was totally different. batley teams of old seemed to more hungry and motivated than dewsbury. personally you deffo miss the likes of maun, preecy and bretherton who know just how much it means to the people of the 2 towns. hope you turn it around cos both clubs need to stay in this division. dewsbury and batley need each other!

I go along with that one Dean .

#45 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:41 PM

Batley will stay up easy and kear will turn it around IMO . Best man for the job by far. Been in championship 1/ national league 2 with rams and it's not good down there financially.. Very little away support and even the exciting promotion return and winning every match infront of a big home support from the cheap season tickets wasn't quite as good as playing the likes of batley fev fax Leigh ect, although the promotion did create a buzz, the atmosphere you get from playing batley and other teams who bring good followings to dewsbury is a lot better than stuffing likes of London Skolars and gateshead.

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 24 April 2014 - 10:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users