Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Some mistake or what?.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 224 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

My grandson, presently attending college traveled up to visit the family on Friday. When visiting, if Fev are at home, he  attends the match. He was informed at the turnstile that there were no concessions for him and he had to pay the full £17. He has a student card and is seventeen years of age. I think that for a student to be paying the full whack is way over the top and so does he, vowing never to attend in future.

#2 Jason Alcorn

Jason Alcorn
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

Must have been a mistake as I got in with my student card and paid the concession rate of £10.

#3 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 224 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:56 PM

Must have been a mistake as I got in with my student card and paid the concession rate of £10.

No excuses Jason. Presented student card and did everything correctly. Not good enough, especially bearing in mind that it appears there were no problems with other students. Not good enough.

#4 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:12 PM

So what's your answer?
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#5 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

No excuses Jason. Presented student card and did everything correctly. Not good enough, especially bearing in mind that it appears there were no problems with other students. Not good enough.

Why don't you just tell a member of the club? There's obviously been a misunderstanding and I'm sure you'll get a £7 refund.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 19 April 2014 - 06:45 PM.

#6 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

very naughty

#7 Jason Alcorn

Jason Alcorn
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

I'm not making excuses, just saying there must have been a mistake, people are human etc. as Andrew says, speak to the club and I'm sure things will be put right.

#8 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:28 AM

So what's your answer?

Ticketing on the turnstiles

Why don't you just tell a member of the club? There's obviously been a misunderstanding and I'm sure you'll get a £7 refund.

Not going to put a "no win no fee" claim in but main complaint was that he had to go without pie and peas.

#9 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

he had to go without pie and peas.[/quote]

Yeah but just think of the Cholesterol he avoided, not to mention the Sulphurous aftershock from the peas.

#10 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:55 PM

We have all had trouble with various companies from time to time. If a complaint is justified then the answer is to write to the management and present your case. I have always had a commonsense reply and in most circumstances won my argument. Give it a go!

#11 BobbyFev18

BobbyFev18
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

Im not saying its everyone but some people who work on the turnstiles have not a clue, My mate who's in the Military tried getting in for concessions using his British Army card and got denied every stadium all over the country including super league allow Military as concessions i think its something that needs talking about and clearing up he didn't complain and wasn't arsed but still for future some away fans could be upset by it and not return 

For the brave and the faithful nothing is impossible!!!!

#12 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:08 PM

I've got a mate who's in the SAS he gets in free every week. Not that anyone notices!

#13 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:34 PM

I've got a mate who's in the SAS he gets in free every week. Not that anyone notices!

i've seen him. he wears a gas mask and sits next to Robin Evans

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#14 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:11 AM

i've seen him. he wears a gas mask and sits next to Robin Evans

I remember about 5 years ago at Widnes, everyone sat near him needed one.

#15 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:33 AM

:) :) :)

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#16 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:37 PM

Ahem..... I reading this ya know....
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#17 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:25 PM

You could of course go with a big stick and say 'STAFF'

#18 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:22 AM

You could of course go with a big stick and say 'STAFF'

You've got the better of me with that one Col.

#19 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:55 PM

Sorry Andrew. In my youth a big stick was a staff. Should have replied sooner but a bit exhausted. Probably trying to sell Golden Gamble at the recent Gala and trying to walk round York today after a stroll of 4 miles around Fitzwilliam Park the day before. Trying to convince myself I am not 80 in 3 weeks. See you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users