Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Syphoning liar

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin Nicholas

Kevin Nicholas
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:31 AM

I have read what StevieB thinks Nicholson & Winner are whilst on a family holiday thanks to my own earned money away from the Club.We put in a poor performance on Friday and out comes very offensive abuse. If the person in question bought a programme he would b wiser on some issues.If he askes me to my face i would answer but that is not an option for him now although still an pption for others. We lose money most games we play so Saints. Cas etc help cover losses. To get to finals you have to win games hence good winning pay which players deserve but gates dont cover. We got no money from GF gate just £30000 which paid shortfall on playoff wins and some debt. We may have shortfalls but we are honest people and we & our wives& partners& family work for nothing. Family members on carpark bars& kitchen working for NOTHING which other club? Thanks we do not want but attacks on pur integrity are unacceptable. John Kear & coaching staff & directors & Iro & indeed the players will work hard to rectify the wrongs of Friday. I can say no more. I do not know StevieB but my wife does so i will leave it to her to make her feelings known!!!

#2 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

Well said Kevin.  Guess there are bad apples in every barrel and now we know who ours is!  Very happy, and not at all surprised, to see the real fans rushing to support the work of yourself and your colleagues.  I know you don't work for thanks, but be assured that everyone knows what thanks you are due for all your work for our club. 

Edited by olddoggy, 20 April 2014 - 05:07 PM.

#3 cally

cally
  • Players
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

any batley fan with any sense fully appreciates what you and all the staff at batley do Kevin. unfortunately some peoples disappointment turns into resentment and leads them to spout rubbish. keep up the good work and hopefully we will come through a bad spell exactly like last year.

#4 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

from a conversation i had with Coventry Bears chairman last year, he was told by london skolars that they would need 250k a season to be competitive in championship 1 , so as you can see its not a cheap hobby running a semi- professional rugby club

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#5 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,844 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

Here's the official TRL line on this subject:  If you wish to complain about financial irregularities of any kind at Batley Bulldogs, be it the club, the people or anything else involved with the club or brand then you have two choices:

1.  Go to another forum.

2.  Provide hard proof IN ADVANCE to John Drake via the forum personal messaging system.  Do not post without approval from John.

If you choose to do anything else then you run the risk of an immediate and permanent ban.  Be aware that I have a proven history of standing by this type of warning regardless of the poster, his history or who he is in real life.

As an aside, on the other side of the point, we do not take it kindly when people hit the report button and start making demands that we ban people for things that are not libellous or otherwise breaching the Terms & Conditions of Use.  We also do not take other veiled threats well and we will be reviewing them during the coming week.  For the avoidance of doubt, no-one at the club has complained to me or prompted this paragraph.

I am locking this now and will immediately lock any similar thread that starts it up again, if people persist then I will quickly step into punitive moderation..  If you don't agree with this, talk to John Drake.  If you have a complaint about a moderator, complain to John Drake.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users