Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

East Midlands Rugby League

History of RL in Nottingham

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RichardJ

RichardJ
  • Coach
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

Do any forum members know where I can find any information on results/league tables for the old EMARLA leaguefrom1986 onwards?

Help in identifying any scores, tables, photos would be much appreciated, particularly info regarding Nottingham Crusaders and/or Bulwell.

Information is currently being compiled into a commemorative brochure to celebrate 30 years of RL in Nottingham and to help raise funds for the Nottingham Outlaws new ground/clubhouse.

#2 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 986 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

Bowes is your man!

#3 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,024 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:47 PM

86-87 Mansfield & Notts 1st Clowne, 2nd Leicester, 3rd Garibaldi, 4th Rotherham, 5th Nottingham. Cup final at Shirebrook - Clowne 21 Garibaldi 22.

87-88 1st Leicester, 2nd Biddulph, 3rd Clowne, 4th Goldthorpe, 5th Garibaldi, 6th Nottingham, 7th Rotherham, 8th Peterborough. Cup final at Leicester - Clowne 18 Garibaldi 24.

88-89 (Garibaldi joined the Yorkshire League this season) 1st Clowne Angels, 2nd Nottingham Crusaders, 3rd Peterborough, 4th Hexthorpe Barrons, 5th Leicester, 6th Sheffield & Kimberworth, 7th Garibaldi 'A', 8th Clowne, 9th Goldthorpe 'A'. Cup final - Garibaldi 28 Nottingham Crusaders 12. Premiership final - Clowne Angels 32 Nottingham Crusaders 24.

A gap in my records then I have:

1993/94 (the Mansfield and Nottingham league was renamed East Midlands League; around this time Clowne joined the Yorkshire League and Garibaldi dropped down)

League: 1st Nottingham Crusaders, 2nd Garibaldi, 3rd Peterborough, 4th Leicester, 5th Northampton Knights, 6th Bulwell, 7th Shirebrook, 8th Derby City (Moorlands YOI expelled for ill discipline)

Conference: Bulwell A, Clowne A, Telford All Blacks, Garibaldi A, Nottingham Crusaders A, Derby City A

1994/95 (the league absorbed the Mercian League which was a remnant of the MASWARLA; Garibaldi returned to the Yorkshire League and Northampton Knights joined the National Conference League for a year and a half!)

League: 1st West Midlands Police, 2nd Nottingham Crusaders, 3rd Bulwell Panthers, 4th Leicester, 5th Northampton Knights A, Peterborough

Conference: RAF Digby, Clowne A, Telford All Blacks, Derby City, Birmingham

1995/96 (Nottingham Crusaders and Bulwell joined the Yorkshire League): 1st Clowne A, 2nd Birmingham, 3rd West Midlands Police, 4th Bulwell A, 5th Derby City, 6th Garibaldi A, 7th Nottingham Crusaders A, 8th Leicester

1996/97 and 1997/98 I don't know but somewhere around that time Bulwell folded

1998/99 (also Nottingham Crusaders' last season in the Yorkshire League; Garibaldi lasted a little longer and Clowne had just folded): 1st Derby City Also rans (no particular order as I don't have one): Birmingham Bulls, Garibaldi A, Nottingham Crusaders A, Toyota-Ilkeston

The league folded after this season and then new club Nottingham Outlaws and Derby City joined the RLC where Derby City already had a team

#4 RichardJ

RichardJ
  • Coach
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:48 AM

Thanks Bowes, that's brilliant!

We will use the above information to fill in the "gaps" for the heritage brochure.

Much appreciated

#5 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,024 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:02 PM

FWIF 85-86 had the following teams (I don't have a table): Langwith Gate, Garibaldi, Clowne, Trent Polytechnic, Loughborough College, Anglia Polytechnic