Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

WIGAN

warm up match

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#41 LincolnshireHawk

LincolnshireHawk
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

I agree 100% with gabby I just wish everyone would get behind the club even though I respect other peoples

opinions on how things are run at Hunslet. Like he says we are no longer rivals with the Rhino's, 'more's the pity'

and Super League means nothing to me personally and hasn't since 1999. I only care about Hunslet and if our

'relationship' with the Rhino's benefits us then that's great as far as I am concerned. 

#42 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

What makes people think that we will be followedby a load of glory hunters tomorrow.
There have been over 400 Hunslet fans at our home league games so far. There were also over 100 Hunslet fans at Hemel and Oxford not that some of the "I was Hunslet" sheep that come on here spouting there drivel would know.
They dont go to games anymore. So why come on the forum. No one is interested what u have to say. Open your own forum Ba Ba Black Sheep would be a good name for it.
Another point regarding Mysic Meg. He has every right to come on here. As well as a sponsor and a director he is also a fan. Something you boys are not anymore.
Great ponts on here from Mystic Meg Gabby and Blackbeard. Yes Peter Smith is a joke and Rugby League is a great game. Sadly run by complete idiots.

Hahahahaha sheep!!!! Hist have done some great things with the club but they've also riddled the club with leeds, rewarded a failed coach with a new 2 year contract. How long did you stay away for john? Was it 2 year?
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#43 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

Impecunious ?

Skint

#44 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

I agree 100% with gabby I just wish everyone would get behind the club even though I respect other peoples
opinions on how things are run at Hunslet. Like he says we are no longer rivals with the Rhino's, 'more's the pity'
and Super League means nothing to me personally and hasn't since 1999. I only care about Hunslet and if our
'relationship' with the Rhino's benefits us then that's great as far as I am concerned.

Careful my friend, anything you say positive about our relationship with the Rhinos will have some on here frothing at the mouth and calling you a Rhino boy.

#45 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 552 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:01 PM

I did indeed Macca but that was due to personal circumstances. I am there now and will be for a long time to come. The club has a bright future and eventually will stand on its own 2 feet.
I have no problem with people staying away. What I find very depressing is the continual sniping at the club just for the sake of it.
Nothing is perfect but if some of you took the trouble to find out you know about spme of the good things going on. Andy Hemingway does a magnificent job. That is a fact.
Out of curiousity what do you do on a Sunday ?
As I suspect you must miss coming even if u say otherwise.

#46 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:02 PM

What makes people think that we will be followedby a load of glory hunters tomorrow.
There have been over 400 Hunslet fans at our home league games so far. There were also over 100 Hunslet fans at Hemel and Oxford not that some of the "I was Hunslet" sheep that come on here spouting there drivel would know.
They dont go to games anymore. So why come on the forum. No one is interested what u have to say. Open your own forum Ba Ba Black Sheep would be a good name for it.
Another point regarding Mysic Meg. He has every right to come on here. As well as a sponsor and a director he is also a fan. Something you boys are not anymore.
Great ponts on here from Mystic Meg Gabby and Blackbeard. Yes Peter Smith is a joke and Rugby League is a great game. Sadly run by complete idiots.

The thing is John is if you ask people getting on the coach for Wigan 2morro , who you don't see at games , ask em how many will be booking on for South Wales and i bet you could count em on 1 hand if you get any and i bet you won't even see em at the next home game , i know a fair few who are going 2morro who i did'nt think had any interest in Hunslet at all............its a shame the games got to this state.............

#47 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 552 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

That is true. But it happens in all sports. I am sure Donny will have their fair share of glory seekers at Warrington. Such is human nature unfortunately

#48 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

I did indeed Macca but that was due to personal circumstances. I am there now and will be for a long time to come. The club has a bright future and eventually will stand on its own 2 feet.
I have no problem with people staying away. What I find very depressing is the continual sniping at the club just for the sake of it.
Nothing is perfect but if some of you took the trouble to find out you know about spme of the good things going on. Andy Hemingway does a magnificent job. That is a fact.
Out of curiousity what do you do on a Sunday ?
As I suspect you must miss coming even if u say otherwise.

John course I miss going to rugby sundays, I've supported hunslet home and away for a lot of years and you never stop being a fan. And for a sponsor to come on here saying were not fans cause we choose to have morals is a joke. Oh none of us are fans we're CUSTOMERS. He might be a nice bloke john but a lot think otherwise. Hawksnest is a true fan of this club and she doesn't speak very well of him either

#49 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

John course I miss going to rugby sundays, I've supported hunslet home and away for a lot of years and you never stop being a fan. And for a sponsor to come on here saying were not fans cause we choose to have morals is a joke. Oh none of us are fans we're CUSTOMERS. He might be a nice bloke john but a lot think otherwise. Hawksnest is a true fan of this club and she doesn't speak very well of him either

I'd like to consider myself a true fan and I cannot speak highly enough of him, we're all entitled to an opinion.

#50 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

The thing is John is if you ask people getting on the coach for Wigan 2morro , who you don't see at games , ask em how many will be booking on for South Wales and i bet you could count em on 1 hand if you get any and i bet you won't even see em at the next home game , i know a fair few who are going 2morro who i did'nt think had any interest in Hunslet at all............its a shame the games got to this state.............

Of course most won't be going to South Wales, how many would the likes of the Old Boys and the Warriors take to an away league game a couple of hundred miles away compared to say playing Hunslet or Cas in a cup match, you could probably get them all in one car.

What's wrong with people picking and choosing which games they watch? the more the merrier, you never know some "glory hunters" may even become fans

#51 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

I'd like to consider myself a true fan and I cannot speak highly enough of him, we're all entitled to an opinion.

I'll second that, a true fan and always approachable, a nice guy.

#52 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:33 PM

So he just changes when he comes on here then??

#53 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:42 PM

So he just changes when he comes on here then??

You don't like him, I do, such is life mate!

#54 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:47 PM

You don't like him, I do, such is life mate!

Lewis as a board member he shouldn't be posting on here getting involved in arguments, It's unproffesional. Well thats what gaz evans got told so why's he any different

#55 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

Lewis as a board member he shouldn't be posting on here getting involved in arguments, It's unproffesional. Well thats what gaz evans got told so why's he any different

I know, but he's had his motives and personal integrity questioned on here, you don't like that being done to you, and I imagine he's no different. Yeah perhaps he shouldn't be posting (and myself for that matter) but he's only human.

#56 LincolnshireHawk

LincolnshireHawk
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

I am too 'old and ugly' Moose to worry what people think although I believe that everyone who posts on here is a 

Hunslet fan with the club's interests at heart even if we disagree strongly at times on the way forward. 

#57 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

Of course most won't be going to South Wales, how many would the likes of the Old Boys and the Warriors take to an away league game a couple of hundred miles away compared to say playing Hunslet or Cas in a cup match, you could probably get them all in one car.

What's wrong with people picking and choosing which games they watch? the more the merrier, you never know some "glory hunters" may even become fans

Read my post again , i also said the next home game..........It seem's to me that your only a fan if its in the present tense not past or future.............

Edited by Blackbeard, 26 April 2014 - 03:51 PM.

#58 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

Read my post again , i also said the next home game..........It seem's to me that your only a fan if its in the present tense not past or future.............

I don't have to read it again I understood it perfectly, I was replying to your comment about away support to South Wales and comparing it to how your teams support would hold up in a comparable situation. As for how many of them will attend Hunslets next home game like you I have no idea but if only one extra fan comes that's a bonus, don't you agree?

#59 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

I don't have to read it again I understood it perfectly, I was replying to your comment about away support to South Wales and comparing it to how your teams support would hold up in a comparable situation. As for how many of them will attend Hunslets next home game like you I have no idea but if only one extra fan comes that's a bonus, don't you agree?

If the old boys were playing South Wales we'd take 2 coaches players/supporters which is what we'd take to local away games (people that is) , which is what Hawks would take....and if only 1 fan is attracted then thats a job well done , but what would i know , i'm no longer a fan ...........

#60 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 921 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:42 PM

Good luck tomorrow folks, enjoy your day.