Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Next Subday's CC Game v Leigh

What are your thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 634 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

What are everyone’s expectations for Sunday?

Mine are for:

• Some banter with a fans from a club that closely resembles ours, i.e. trying to improve on what they have and to be in a situation to aim for SL if the opportunity allows.
  • Maybe make friends with Carlie Caroli
  • A few good beers with the brethren (to take 1000+ to an away game that is not a final will be fantastic and probably noy seen since widnes got promoted)
  • To watch a close encounter with a team that is probably our biggest rivals at this point in time
  • To come away with a win (would be nice but I’ll be happy with three out of the 1st four)

So what are your expectations for Sunday?

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#2 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

Well Dave you have a couple right' whatever you and me will be at Fev  a week Sunday.

#3 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 634 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:57 PM

Well Dave you have a couple right' whatever you and me will be at Fev  a week Sunday.

Frank,

I Can't wait for both games. We'll let you win this week if you let us win a week on Sunday by 13+ points ;)

#4 Wireagle

Wireagle
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:49 AM

Speaking as a Warrington fan, I think it shows just how little the BBC knows about the game that this fixture isn't being televised. It would have been a great way to let people see that there is genuine depth in the sport, despite what is often said. Two good sides, nice stadium, probably a decent atmosphere with Fev's travelling support, and a really impossible to call contest. Missed opportunity.

#5 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 634 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

Quite agree Wireagle, hopefully it will be a bigger crowd because of the fact that there is no TV coverage

#6 Wireagle

Wireagle
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

I'm coming to the game for the reasons above.

#7 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:21 PM

I agree that it's difficult to call. For a start, the lack of TV games from the Championship this year means it's harder to keep up with other teams' strengths and weaknesses this year, and the formlines, especially those involving those teams from the lower half of the division, are all over the place. Also, feedback from both sets of fans suggest there has been a big difference in both teams between their best efforts this year and their worst. My hope is that Fev have been at their best in recent times when seemingly up against it - people talk about us losing big games we were expected to win, which is true, but we seem to rise to the occasion when faced with what seems a stiff task (pre-season v SL teams, last year when needing to deny Sheffield a bonus point, the 3 cup games against SL opposition etc). Not sure what to expect, to be honest, which is what makes it so interesting.

#8 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

I am hoping for a classic with a ref we don't notice. I expect a Big gate too, if you top 1000 there will be well over 4000 on and we may see near 5000. It will be good to have 3 stands open and well populated, whoever wins I want them to draw the winners of Swinton/Keighley in the quarters.

Have a safe journey and enjoy the occasion

#9 Bobby H

Bobby H
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:16 PM

I agree the BBC have missed a trick with the game on Sunday, the 2 best teams outside the Super League, to close to call and what promises to be a fantastic atmosphere.

Really looking forward to a good hard game. The whole Town of Leigh is buzzing, lets hope the Ref is'nt making the headlines.

Best of luck.

#10 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

agreed Bobby H.... if it's not a great/close game I'll be amazed. If Leigh (us) win 1 of the next 2 games v Fev, I'll be happy. Obviously the CC it's only a matter of time before a championship side get's knocked out, but for either side, would be great to make the last eight. And I'm pretty sure us or Fev wouldn't do a Bradford if we had to meet Wigan Pies later on in the comp.  !!!  ;)

#11 DemonUK

DemonUK
  • Coach
  • 295 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

I am hoping for a classic with a ref we don't notice. I expect a Big gate too, if you top 1000 there will be well over 4000 on and we may see near 5000. It will be good to have 3 stands open and well populated, whoever wins I want them to draw the winners of Swinton/Keighley in the quarters.

Have a safe journey and enjoy the occasion

Forget that one, it is Mr Thaler

Sorry folks, no forecast comp this year

#12 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:34 AM

Forget that one, it is Mr Thaler

Well reffed us against cas in cup in that classic

Certainly wont stand for any messing about around the PTB area

#13 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:27 AM

Looking at Ben in the last game he reffed he could now be on maternity leave.

TFRWSA

The Featherstone Rovers Wok Smuggling Society.

#14 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:34 AM

Looking at Ben in the last game he reffed he could now be on maternity leave.

TFRWSA

The Featherstone Rovers Wok Smuggling Society.

i've spotted the deliberate mistake.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#15 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:17 PM

is the game all ticket? and which stand do i need to aim for?
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#16 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

You can pay on day but most have got their tickets early as it was cheaper to get a ticket from the club rather than pay on the gate - dont know if the club have any tickets left

We have been given the south stand

Edited by elppaxr2i, 25 April 2014 - 02:43 PM.

#17 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

Stated on gmr last night that you had sold 530 to close Wednesday

#18 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 702 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

10 official coaches , at least 4 private , and loads going in cars think the 530 will be closer to 1530 on the day

#19 PonteBlue

PonteBlue
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

Stated on gmr last night that you had sold 530 to close Wednesday

#20 PonteBlue

PonteBlue
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

530 would be the 10 club coaches - there will be at least 4 more plus all of us car travellers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users