What are your thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

Super League Ref in Ben Thaler, and there will be 'in goal' touch judges...we've hit the BIG time folks !  ;)

Can't wait for Sunday.....safe journey you Guys/Gals !!!!

#22 just1fev

just1fev
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

I am unable to get to the big match today so just wanted to wish the lads good luck and hope the barmy army have a good day out.

Maybe they need some luck after listening to aston, noble and powell over the last few weeks all of whom predict we have no chance of winning or even to gain promotion to super league. I am dissapointed with aston having known him from a young age and even more so with powell who as now shown no respect for the Fev fans or the club and players, well as for noble I have not heard him say anything good about a Yorkshire side for a long time.

Edited by just1fev, 27 April 2014 - 07:43 AM.

#23 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:01 AM

As a Leyther I would not like to call today's game, either side could run away with it on the back of a roll or it could be a nail biting thriller again going either way - just what sport should be about

#24 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 651 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:36 AM

As a Leyther I would not like to call today's game, either side could run away with it on the back of a roll or it could be a nail biting thriller again going either way - just what sport should be about

SC,

Quite agree though I do fancy it to be tight.

Should be a great game.
I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#25 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

Well roll on next week see if we can get the win. A lot of effort today by the team and they did give it a go For next week we need to get some organisation within the team run harder and be creative when we are on there line we had chances but we are not organised or have any moves near the line We will miss Bossy and Dale who are injured hope there not too bad

Well done Leigh you looked faster and an all round better team today good luck in the draw see you next week and hopefully we can take 3 points off you

#26 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

For those who say Leigh have played no-one..well they have now; They were faster more organised and much better in the forwards; Well done Leigh..we need to catch you up now;

#27 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:35 PM

For those who say Leigh have played no-one..well they have now; They were faster more organised and much better in the forwards; Well done Leigh..we need to catch you up now;

It was a cracking Cup tie which could've gone either way, thankfully it went ours but next week is another kettle of fish.
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#28 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

taxi for hurst not adding anything to the team have a prop at acting half back i counted 3 times is just not the way to play the game !!! just my point of view by the way

#29 sandalrover

sandalrover
  • Players
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:55 PM

Best team on the day won.
They looked faster, smarter and wanted it more.
Agree Plug about organisation, and I've been shouting for a taxi for Hurst all year. However,I'm giving him credit today he worked very hard for most of the match and I don't blame him for the acting half back I blame others for not being there.
The game was a cracking cup match but they were far more organised. Their kicking game (or our lack of kicking game) was a big difference. We did some pretty daft things at times.
Roll on next week and 3 vital points.

#30 sentoffagain

sentoffagain
  • Twitter
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

he   was  also   second  man  in  line  a  couple  of  times  i  half  expected   him  and  moore   to  do  a  run  round  move  a  la   derek  fox  and  geoff  grayshon .now  that  would   have   been  worth  seeing.in  the  engine  room  we  have  not  replaced   stuart and  tonker  present  props  are   poor  imitations.also  the  team  are  too  pre occupied  with  setting   up  plays   rather  than  straight .running  backing  up  the   ball   carrier  and  commmiting  the  tacklers   before  releasing  the  ball,rugby  league  is  straightforward   i  think   we  try   to  make  things  harder  than  they   are.bastion needs  to  learn  from  this  defeat  and   maybe  play  a  more  basic  style  of  rugby.p.s  swap   scrum  halves  today  and   we   would  have  been  in  the   next   round.so  far   our  batley   imports  have  not  added  a  great   deal  to  the   side.rant  over   now   where   is  that  bottle  of   bordeaux  i  bought  to   celebtate with.

#31 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

Not much in it for me - we made as many breaks as they did during the game for me, and aside from our obvious goal misses, they were more composed near the line and didnt cock up their breaks

Thought our hookers were loads better than theirs but thats about it in terms of who was better for us

Think Hirst is getting some unfair criticism - had to do 60+ mins today due to Bossy and Dale getting injured

Expect a different game next week, they wont be able to throw it about like today on our pitch - i expect a similar scoreline though just not sure which way

I expect some Leigh reshuffles, Higson looks like getting a ban and Ridyard went off injured so who knows

Not our day today - id have taken a defeat today for victory next week

Edited by elppaxr2i, 27 April 2014 - 07:27 PM.

#32 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

Agree with the backing up its poor , the first game at dewsbury we had forwards turning in the tackle ready to offload on a few occasions near the line and no one there , its still poor after costing us that close game .

#33 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:37 PM

No I won't bother same old again rubbish

#34 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:50 PM

No I won't bother same old again rubbish

Are you Daryl Powell/Sean Long/ Ryan Sheridan ?

#35 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

Mr Fickle

#36 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

..., they wont be able to throw it about like today on our pitch...

Why do you say that?

#37 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

No fickle just my opinion again

#38 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

Are you Daryl Powell/Sean Long/ Ryan Sheridan ?

why which one are you ?

#39 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:27 PM

Childish

#40 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:39 PM