Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

bronco's into admin

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:35 PM

according to twitter. :(

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#2 The 4 of Us

The 4 of Us
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:46 PM

"@johnstankevitch Seems there is some London Broncos confusion. Apparently, there may have been a retweet of an old tweet. I just don't know."
9:53pm - 22 Apr 14

#3 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

according to twitter. :(

Nope.  That was a retweet of the Sky tweet put out on 20 November 2013 when they announced their intention in order to stave off creditors and buy some time to arrange their current situation at the Hive.  They never did go into administration.

@Retweeted by Mad For Rugby
Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews Nov 20

London Broncos announce intention to go into administration #SSN

No idea why Mad For Rugby decided to retweet the tweet today unless they didn't realise it was an old tweet.  Or maybe someone was just stirring things up for their own amusement.

London Broncos are starting up Broncos TV again, have recently recruited a new youth coach and are making headway in rebuilding the club base.

Edited by Saintslass, 22 April 2014 - 10:05 PM.

#4 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

good glad about that my contact will be "corrected"

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#5 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 508 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

Nope.  That was a retweet of the Sky tweet put out on 20 November 2013 when they announced their intention in order to stave off creditors and buy some time to arrange their current situation at the Hive.  They never did go into administration.

@Retweeted by Mad For Rugby
Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews Nov 20
London Broncos announce intention to go into administration #SSN

No idea why Mad For Rugby decided to retweet the tweet today unless they didn't realise it was an old tweet.  Or maybe someone was just stirring things up for their own amusement.

London Broncos are starting up Broncos TV again, have recently recruited a new youth coach and are making headway in rebuilding the club base.

They are still going down though aren't they?

#6 londonrlfan

londonrlfan
  • Coach
  • 842 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:01 PM

Just someone causing trouble. I doubt Hughes could be that much of a d....ck. 

#7 londonrlfan

londonrlfan
  • Coach
  • 842 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

Which will all be for nothing...

#8 gutterfax

gutterfax
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:35 AM

Just someone causing trouble. I doubt Hughes could be that much of a d....ck. 

I wouldn't put it past him to spit his dummy out. No doubt, like the rest of the RL community in London, he'll blame gutterfax and his negative posts for all the woes of the world ;)

#9 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 508 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:13 AM

I wouldn't put it past him to spit his dummy out. No doubt, like the rest of the RL community in London, he'll blame gutterfax and his negative posts for all the woes of the world ;)

I doubt it.

He will probably ask himself whether the RFL really want expansion in the UK and on the basis of the experience of Crusaders and London conclude they are not willing to do what it would take to make it really happen.

#10 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,169 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

I doubt it.

He will probably ask himself whether the RFL really want expansion in the UK and on the basis of the experience of Crusaders and London conclude they are not willing to do what it would take to make it really happen.

Not willing or not able to. The number of people who believe that the RFL are sitting on millions of pounds that they choose not to use is staggering.

#11 londonrlfan

londonrlfan
  • Coach
  • 842 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

Not willing or not able to. The number of people who believe that the RFL are sitting on millions of pounds that they choose not to use is staggering.

It's not like David Hughes doesn't have the money himself. He doesn't want to take on board anyone's ideas or help to grow the sport down here and just expects the RFL to do everything. 

#12 RugbyLeagueGeek

RugbyLeagueGeek
  • Coach
  • 630 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:04 PM

But if they were sat on millions on pounds could they even use it on London or would the pressure/flak from some quarters of the heartlands be too great?

#13 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,006 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

But if they were sat on millions on pounds could they even use it on London or would the pressure/flak from some quarters of the heartlands be too great?

I'm afraid to say the people at Red Hall today have no interest in Rugby League in London. They would rather spend millions on keeping a certain club in West Yorkshie going because it comes from this mythical place called the Rugby League heartlands.

#14 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,169 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:36 PM

And here's the other myth, the heartlands that doesn't care about expansion vs the caring / sharing rest-of-the-world.

If they were sat on millions and suddenly announced that they were going to spend it on Broncos then expect a whole lot of people asking why it wasn't spent somewhere else.

And that "whole lot of people" would no doubt include Toulouse fans, Crusaders fans, Skolars fans as well as Bradfordians, Cumbrians and Leythers.

Only of course only the latter three would be selfish, everybody else would be "looking at the bigger picture".

#15 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,169 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

I'm afraid to say the people at Red Hall today have no interest in Rugby League in London. They would rather spend millions on keeping a certain club in West Yorkshie going because it comes from this mythical place called the Rugby League heartlands.

"The people at Red Hall" were much the same people as were at Red Hall 5-10 years ago. All that has changed is that the scenario is different.

#16 RugbyLeagueGeek

RugbyLeagueGeek
  • Coach
  • 630 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

And here's the other myth, the heartlands that doesn't care about expansion vs the caring / sharing rest-of-the-world.

If they were sat on millions and suddenly announced that they were going to spend it on Broncos then expect a whole lot of people asking why it wasn't spent somewhere else.

And that "whole lot of people" would no doubt include Toulouse fans, Crusaders fans, Skolars fans as well as Bradfordians, Cumbrians and Leythers.

Only of course only the latter three would be selfish, everybody else would be "looking at the bigger picture".

I'm not sure what point you're making here, because you seem to have neglected to properly read the post that you quoted and have gone into a bit of a defensive rant.

#17 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,169 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

I'm not sure what point you're making here, because you seem to have neglected to properly read the post that you quoted and have gone into a bit of a defensive rant.

You say that I didn't read what you said properly and yet ironically claim not to be able to understand my point. Perhaps it is you who is skim reading and not really paying attention.

I shall repeat it then. It is a near universal trait that people want money to be spent on their club. Heartlanders don't have some special "selfish" gene that other humans lack. People living outside the M62 belt also see the world this way. Bradfordians want money spent in Bradford, Leythers want it spent in Leigh but this is no different from the French wanting it spent in France or the Welsh in Wales.

Edited by Northern Sol, 23 April 2014 - 04:12 PM.

#18 dhw

dhw
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

Saving Bradford Bulls would have more benefit for top tier club RL than saving London Broncos in it's current incarnation.

#19 dhw

dhw
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

The RFL should not be propping up Full Time Professional clubs, there are plenty of other areas where the money would be better spent.

#20 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

Saving Bradford Bulls would have more benefit for top tier club RL than saving London Broncos in it's current incarnation.

Why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users