Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Pinned Threads

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:40 AM

Is it possible to move some of the old pinned threads from the top of this forum to a sub folder?. There are now so many it is getting ridiculous.

#2 Penno

Penno
  • Coach
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:34 AM

Strange that you say that I was just thinking the same.

#3 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

don't move the squad one tho ... its hard to keep up with the squad changes as it is...I will attempt to sort it as far as I know later today !!

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#4 Walney Bill

Walney Bill
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:23 PM

Have to agree, some of them have to go.

Is it really necessary to have them all there?

Steve75..........is it???

#5 Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder
  • Coach
  • 457 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

Come the end of the season we won't be able to see anything but Tipping Competitions on page one.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

Come the end of the season we won't be able to see anything but Tipping Competitions on page one.

Well the only non tipping competition subject at the top of the page, ended with a simple question I asked yesterday, but it appears, the question is too difficult.

#7 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 571 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:41 AM

14 pinned threads

#8 steve75

steve75
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:55 AM

The rugby league tipping competition threads were left up for the purpose of settling any disputes, they were not left there for the fun of it! I have unpinned them and just hope htere will be no disputes! How come this season is the only season people have complained about it? There are a few threads/postings on here I don't particularly find interesting but I don't complain! It is a shame people can only find time to complain!

Posted Image

#9 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

The rugby league tipping competition threads were left up for the purpose of settling any disputes, they were not left there for the fun of it! I have unpinned them and just hope htere will be no disputes! How come this season is the only season people have complained about it? There are a few threads/postings on here I don't particularly find interesting but I don't complain! It is a shame people can only find time to complain!

I do not think the problem is people complaining, my worry is the lack of people using the forum at all.

#10 Penno

Penno
  • Coach
  • 214 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

I certainly don't remember there being 14 pinned posts at the top of the forum in previous years, 13 of which being "tipping", any disputes that there are will still be there to view if you look back. I don't see it as being unreasonable to remove the old pinned stuff, it isn't a matter of being interesting or not, as uninteresting posts generally soon make their way down the list as no one adds to them.

A very sad state of affairs when a moderator uses bold print and exclamation marks! to reply to a what I and most others seem to have thought was a reasonable request.

And yes very sad that the forum is so quiet in general this season.

Regards Penno

Edited by Penno, 25 April 2014 - 02:03 PM.

#11 Walney Bill

Walney Bill
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

Agreed, a sad state of affairs.

Also, I don't recall having so many pinned last season either.

Steve75, to avoid disputes, you could have had one pinned thread for the current week, and copy / paste all the old results into another thread therefore being completely open and not hide anything. Then you would only have two pinned thread.
Rather than spit the dummy out, if you would have applied the same amount of time trying to find a solution, I am sure something like the afore mentioned, may have sprung to mind.

But anyway, thanks very much for 'unpinning'.

Edited by Walney Bill, 25 April 2014 - 03:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users