- - - - -

UKIPpery

• Please log in to reply
453 replies to this topic

#441 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:04 PM

And another rat deserts the sinking ship.  Tory MP Mark Reckless is defecting to UKIP.

This will be the by-election to watch.

Carswell will win his.

Binkley will lose the Heywood race.

But if Reckless can win, others might take the leap too.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#442 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,870 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:46 PM

This will be the by-election to watch.

Carswell will win his.

Binkley will lose the Heywood race.

But if Reckless can win, others might take the leap too.

I still think that the costs of these by-elections should be billed to the narcissistic idiots who have decided it'll suit their egos to land the country with the bill despite there being less than 6 months to the general election by the time the by-election is run.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#443 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,870 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:58 PM

Also, can they really not see that fragmenting the Tory party coming up to a general election when they've had four and a bit pretty unpopular years is going to do nothing but hand the election to Labour?  A Labour party that doesn't deserve to win but is by far and away the least worst option.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#444 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,163 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:11 PM

Good riddance to Reckless. Total Europhobe. Cameron now needs to issue an open invitation to all those like Reckless to follow their principles and leave now...the sooner the better.

#445 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:54 PM

The UKIP deputy leader has apparently deleted from his website a piece calling for the break up of the NHS. Wouldn't want those ex-Labour voters being targeted to know just how Thatcherite these people really are, that's not part of the plan.

Edited by nadera78, 27 September 2014 - 05:55 PM.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#446 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,870 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:10 PM

The UKIP deputy leader has apparently deleted from his website a piece calling for the break up of the NHS. Wouldn't want those ex-Labour voters being targeted to know just how Thatcherite these people really are, that's not part of the plan.

They could pledge to install statues of Maggie Thatcher in every town centre, flog the unemployed until they get a job and make the NHS fully private and they'd still get support as long as they keep on about stopping the fuzzy-wuzzies of the EU and elsewhere, unless you're married to the UKIP leader, of course.

#447 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:29 PM

It's always nice to receive a missive from the board's expert on absolute nonsense.

Q.E.D

#448 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:38 PM

according to UKIP
people who do jail time aren't going to be allowed to go and live at their home address. How's that going to work?

Quite simple really, if you can afford the best legal advice (belong to the right lodge etc) you will not go to jail, however any plebs who commit a crime will pay, not only will they loose their freedom they will loose their house.

Seriously if anybody who has voted labour in the past even thinks that UKIP are an option they they are really really thick. Having said that I presume they are trying to tap into the BNP voters from the 'less salubrious' areas.

#449 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:15 PM

UKIP hinting at more defections , I'm sure they will be unveiled to cause the most issues for DC . Even a chance of a Labour MP moving over now that would be a surprise. Not sure why a by election has been called. My understanding its down to the Tories if and when they call it , they could just leave it empty till the GE. That would strangle some of the oxygen UKIP defectors enjoy.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#450 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,870 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:30 PM

Boris!  (as reported in the Daily Mail)

#451 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,209 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:55 AM

I find it slightly amusing that the party most against any move away for the FPTP voting system now might get stung by it. They probably wouldn't be as worried if we had AV. Or even better STV

#452 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,942 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:07 AM

Farage in shock pro-Europe PPB.......

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#453 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,734 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:47 AM

UKIP hinting at more defections , I'm sure they will be unveiled to cause the most issues for DC . Even a chance of a Labour MP moving over now that would be a surprise. Not sure why a by election has been called. My understanding its down to the Tories if and when they call it , they could just leave it empty till the GE. That would strangle some of the oxygen UKIP defectors enjoy.

They've been hinting at it for weeks, and have had two.  Two tory nut jobs.

They've also been hinting at labour defections to them, I'd be amazed if they get any.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#454 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,163 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:26 AM

They've been hinting at it for weeks, and have had two.  Two tory nut jobs.

They've also been hinting at labour defections to them, I'd be amazed if they get any.

Two ex-tories but still  nut jobs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users