Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

UKIPpery

• Please log in to reply
639 replies to this topic

#621 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,278 posts

Posted Today, 02:54 PM

So predicatble. If there is trouble understanding what Matyn wrote, then the intellectual left is perhaps not as clever as it misrepresents.

Are you mistaking a cheddar-chasing Glaws boy who teaches Maths to 19 year olds in Manchester for a member of the intelligentsia?

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#622 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,035 posts

Posted Today, 03:06 PM

That's a good news story and it must offer the more enlightened some reassurance. 

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#623 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,052 posts

Posted Today, 03:17 PM

So predicatble. If there is trouble understanding what Matyn wrote, then the intellectual left is perhaps not as clever as it misrepresents.

Whatever gave you that idea? I have no difficulty in understanding what Martyn wrote. I read what he wrote and thought it was rubbish. 

Fides invicta triumphat

#624 Martyn Sadler

Martyn Sadler

League Publications Ltd

• 2,863 posts

Posted Today, 03:22 PM

Whatever gave you that idea? I have no difficulty in understanding what Martyn wrote. I read what he wrote and thought it was rubbish. 

It's the way you tell 'em!

It makes us realise there's an intellectual in our midst.

#625 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,535 posts

Posted Today, 03:39 PM

The thing that drew my comment was the word "enlightened", which we usually associate with being more tolerant, as you imply, and perhaps more tolerant than our parents were.

On the other hand, some prejudices seem to be more acceptable, including, among other things, prejudices against organised religion, or against people who hold certain opinions that don't coincide with the majority.

I've always thought that there are some people who love to hate, but are able to pick their targets so that their hatred won't lead to them being ostracised.

So if you are intolerant of racism, cruelty, exploitation, discrimination, inequality and so on you are not 'enlightened'.

the prejudices regarding 'organised religion' seem to come from amongst the cults themselves or between sects of the various cults. Not belonging to one of these organisations, and objecting to the way they conduct themselves and treat people is hardly prejudice, and if you want examples of 'loving to hate' then the conduct of these cults and the sects within them is as fertile as the garden of eden. Ever been to a rangers/celtic game? Ever been to Belfast or Glasgow in the marching season? They are celebrations of sectarian hatred. Watch out if you are a 'progressive' jew and you find yourself amongst  fundamentalist, or you are the wrong kind of muslim.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#626 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,035 posts

Posted Today, 03:42 PM

If people were trying to make Martyn look daft, would his own contribution here make him an Uncle Tom?

Anyway back on UKIP, Farrage is a swivel eyed loon.

#627 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,278 posts

Posted Today, 03:47 PM

If people were trying to make Martyn look daft, would his own contribution here make him an Uncle Tom?

Anyway back on UKIP, Farrage is a swivel eyed loon.

A swivel eyed loon whose spewings are increasing support for EU membership.

Whilst destroying the Tory party.

I'll buy him a pint sometime.

- Severus, July 2012

#628 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,035 posts

Posted Today, 03:48 PM

A swivel eyed loon whose spewings are increasing support for EU membership.

Whilst destroying the Tory party.

I'll buy him a pint sometime.

Oh and on the pint thing, he's always pictured with Greene King IPA, which is only good for feeding the lawn with.

#629 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,278 posts

Posted Today, 03:53 PM

Oh and on the pint thing, he's always pictured with Greene King IPA, which is only good for feeding the lawn with.

Greene King are being bought out.

And he can buy me a pint.  Put it on expenses.  More enlightened that way.

EDIT
Wrong way round.  Greene King buying up yet more real estate.  ****ers.

Edited by gingerjon, Today, 03:54 PM.

- Severus, July 2012

#630 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,535 posts

Posted Today, 03:56 PM

greene king abbott is ok apart from being associated with organised religion.

Keeping it local

#631 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,343 posts

Posted Today, 05:10 PM

What if you are a member of a disorganised religion? One who forgets to publish the times of its services, or where the priest doesn't show up? I think that may be OK.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#632 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,535 posts

Posted Today, 05:24 PM

What if you are a member of a disorganised religion? One who forgets to publish the times of its services, or where the priest doesn't show up? I think that may be OK.

the idea of people not tolerating organised religion is laughable. 

Organised religion is a byword for intolerance.

if you were a member of a disorganised religion then perhaps you would be a a methodlessist 

Keeping it local

#633 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,466 posts

Posted Today, 06:34 PM

It's obvious that a lot of you are struggling with the concept of enlightenment and bigotry so let me help.
My views are enlightened and to be fair some of our views are also enlightened but unfortunately you also hold some bigoted views too. If your not sure please feel free to pm me for clarification.
Some of you may have noticed that at times I appear to hold some views that are radical and others that are reactionary. That's because I am well rounded ( Shut it Leit) and have the mental capacity and intelligence to be able to reconcile this juxtaposition. Of course you may struggle with this.
I hope you have found this useful, but please if in doubt do not hesitate to ask.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#634 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,311 posts

Posted Today, 06:36 PM

Are you mistaking a cheddar-chasing Glaws boy who teaches Maths to 19 year olds in Manchester for a member of the intelligentsia?

No. He is.

#635 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,278 posts

Posted Today, 06:46 PM

What if you are a member of a disorganised religion? 

You've been to one of my dad's parishes then.

- Severus, July 2012

#636 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,035 posts

Posted Today, 07:46 PM

I'd never imagined before that you knew your father GJ.

#637 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,278 posts

Posted Today, 08:14 PM

B0k1CCuIQAALHsC.jpg

- Severus, July 2012

#638 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,538 posts

Posted Today, 08:15 PM

At the risk of topic drift, many EU nations have a far-right wing party that appeals to pensioners and lower to working class voters with a mixture of anti-immigration politics and social conservatism combined with feel-good left wing policies (such as securing the state pension and welfare for elderly).  Generally, these parties boost the right wing as the leftie policies are abandoned to form a coalition.

Is UKIP turning into such a party?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#639 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,535 posts

Posted Today, 08:52 PM

how many has he got?

Is he the archbishop of York?

Keeping it local

#640 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,535 posts

Posted Today, 08:53 PM

B0k1CCuIQAALHsC.jpg

how shameless is that?