• Coach
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:40 AM

is it just me?

17172120656_4f36dc492b_o.jpg

Eddie Hitler

17172118746_712fbd77ba_o.jpg

Paul Nuttall

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#1522 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 21,537 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:28 PM

CC8pB9IWEAAQ5I_.jpg

:D

The Sturgeon one or the Farage one......or both?

#1523 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:12 PM

Farage is on course to lose in South Thanet and Ukip faces wipeout, experts predict

Edited by Griff9of13, 19 April 2015 - 04:15 PM.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#1524 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 21,537 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:40 PM

is it just me?

17172120656_4f36dc492b_o.jpg

Eddie Hitler

17172118746_712fbd77ba_o.jpg

Paul Nuttall

tough one...i don't know what you look like.  :rolleyes:

#1525 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 21,537 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:41 PM

more here

#1526 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 21,537 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:51 PM

We must live in a statistical anomaly; very little support for UKIP but also very few immigrants.

High UKIP support in areas of low immigration defiles logic and facts and is based on ignorance and disinformation. A similar mechanism to that at  work with high labour support in industrial areas.

In addition, there are issues of granularity. Boston in Lincolnshire has a high number of UKIP councilors and also one of the highest levels of east European immigration

see BBC report from 2013  http://www.bbc.co.uk...nshire-25004287

#1527 henage

henage
  • Coach
  • 283 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:54 PM

griff/jon you must be really worried about ukip .
Have a friend on fb who posts most of the stuff you are high-lighting in your posts , he is a labour supporter rose tinted specs comes to mind when he gets on his high horse .

#1528 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,675 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:58 AM

griff/jon you must be really worried about ukip .
Have a friend on fb who posts most of the stuff you are high-lighting in your posts , he is a labour supporter rose tinted specs comes to mind when he gets on his high horse .

Worried about them gaining a substantial number of parliamentary seats, no, not really. Worried about their beliefs and what they stand for, absolutely terrified. They prey on fear, mistrust and hate, scapegoating foreigners and the EU. They legitimise these negativities and the more they legitimise them the more such negativity becomes acceptable.  To me, this is a slippery slope; once it becomes acceptable to be fearful and mistrusting it can all too easily lead to open hostility, hatred and possibly even violence. For an example of where this type of thinking can lead look at this thread or what is going on in South Africa.  

#1529 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 21,537 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:03 AM

Fear,mistrust and hate....sounds like the Labour party in the industrial north.

#1530 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,095 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:16 AM

I was pretty annoyed at the weekend when a leaflet landed on my doorstep promoting a UKIP council candidate that appeared to be endorsed by a current Independent councillor. There seems to be a shift in Wigan borough at this election of the supposed independents to throw in their lot with a bigger party. The other independent in my ward has joined Labour, although at least he is up for re-election. The one that is endorsing UKIP still has a year to run. Most annoying is that this leaves very little choice in my ward between Labour and the 'kippers.

Makes me wish that I'd put my name on the ballot paper.

Not sure about the People's Nige complaining about left wingers here. UKIP are clearly chasing the left wing vote in their materials.

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#1531 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,658 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:59 PM

http://en.wikipedia....on_and_Skegness

Suggestion of a big swing from UKIP in Boston Skegness.  That had seemed a UKIP certainty, low population density and loss of jobs in the area.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#1532 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 6,005 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:38 PM

The account was set up 3 hours ago... methinks someone is playing.  A suggestion on twitter is that it is a serial idiot.

http://www.independe...html?icn=puff-3

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users