Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Keighley away 4th May 3pm

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,979 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:59 PM

Think Gallagher is doing a lot of damage coming off the bench, and would be reluctant to change that.

Would give Sherrif another run at fb and bring Hyde off the bench as a hooker or half back depending on where rotation is needed. He has an off the cuff style that doesn't suit full back, where you often have to be pretty formulaic and just make your yards and take a tackle.

Keighley played very well in the first half. But I'm disappointed that their pack of big fat lads did so much damage, as they were fairly direct and predictable.

In the second half we totally left them off the hook when we really had them under the pump. Haggertys penalty was a killer, as has been mentioned, and the interception was also probably avoidable.

Hoping for at least a bonus point against Leigh, and think we're capable of giving them a real scare.

On radio Paul March said that their tactics had centred around good line speed and not giving our halves any time to play, which is why they were so ineffective. maybe a tactical swith to Plan B would have paid off?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#42 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,979 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:01 PM

And I bet he would still comfortably outpace our current wingers over fifty yards. Taken some stick has Hyde, but he is capable of making good breaks - not at fullback though I'm afraid. I'd give him a go at loose forward, he's at least as big as anybody else that has occupied that position this season, and he has the guile to be effective.

You don't go to away matches do you GOR?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#43 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:49 PM

We still scored 20 points away from home. Think conceding 40 on defence was the key.

#44 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

You don't go to away matches do you GOR?

Ah - so the secret would be to just drop him for away matches then. ;) Not saying Hyde is the best we've got, just that he is far from the worst.

#45 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,979 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

Ah - so the secret would be to just drop him for away matches then. ;) Not saying Hyde is the best we've got, just that he is far from the worst.

I agree. He does, however seem to reserve his Jeckyll performances for home games.

:rtfm:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#46 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:56 PM

I agree. He does, however seem to reserve his Jeckyll performances for home games.

:rtfm:

Which will be fine if the other members of the Hamer house of horrors do likewise - that should see us safe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users