Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

whitehaven

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 rossco123

rossco123
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:43 PM

If we don't come away from whitehaven with A win I think we can  categorically say that the club and Clive have overestimated our squad massively and haven't recruited well enough at all, saying that I think we will just scrape as narrow win 16_22

#2 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:44 PM

Well I'll be there cheering on the Cru' lads, they are going to need us behind them and  I'm looking forward to the trip.

Though thick and thin! this season was always going to be a very tough one, lets not forget that this club was only formed a little over 3 years ago and that we are up against clubs with decades of experience.

I will take a victory of any type but preferably one without giving a BP to Haven  ;) .

Regards 7

#3 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 318 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:49 AM

look forward to seeing you all dont forget to call in j.j.mckeown bar before and after the game. your songs are always welcome brings a good atmosphere

Edited by haven94, 25 April 2014 - 10:50 AM.

#4 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

please use the club in the ground and not the one just outside the ground .

#5 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:06 PM

Enjoy the game and enjoy watching the skills of mr brett seymour with the 2 saints props playing i think we,ll have too much power for you haven by 14

#6 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

On our last visit we all went into the bar outside the ground and walked out again when we realised it was nothing to do with Whitehaven RLFC. just hope to see a lot more effort and vastly improved performance from Crusaders. The result does not mean that much to me now. I think, unless there are some drastic changes, we have already given ourselves too much to do to stay up this season (3 home defeats and much more difficult games to come). I will calling for a drink on the way up, depending which way I decide to go, either in Cockermouth or Broughton in Furness. If we stay up now we will certainly deserve it. I am a supporter though. I can't see me missing many games, if any this season. At the end of the season though I am going to think seriously about just watching amateur RL from next season. I almost did that this season, but decided to give it another go. However, I can't ignore the fact that dual reg is making the game a farce!

#7 TommyCru

TommyCru
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:19 PM

Personally I cant see the cru taking the 3 points but we might nick a bonus. Whatever happens I want to see a cru team fight and battle to the very end and show some hunger which just hasnt been there all to often this season!

#8 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 669 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

Whoa!!!  Why all the despondency???  There's only one game that we've lost that at the start of the season we'd have expected to win. We've beaten Swinton and Barrow, lost to top of the table teams and lost to Hornets - which we all probably expected to win. Respect to the Hornets for a great performance. 

Now all of a sudden people are talking about relegation. We've got some great players - what we don't have, which we had last season, is a great team - Clive and John have some work to do on that front and get the lads to buy into the Cru ethos, but what we don't need is people talking the team down.

Whitehaven will be buoyed by their new Aussie signing but I am expecting a massive Catalan Dragons-style reaction to their recent poor form.   A win will get us back on track. C'mon Crusaders!

#9 Ratboy

Ratboy
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

Young Adam Lawton will be playing for you this weekend. He needs match fitness as was well off the pace against St Helens.

#10 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:52 AM

Young Adam Lawton will be playing for you this weekend. He needs match fitness as was well off the pace against St Helens.

He needs to shape up, as he was well off the pace and didn't look that up for the game for us against Batley  last time out.

Pity really as he had a cracking game against Leigh and we had high hopes for him turning out more often for the Cru'.

Tomorrow we need everybody firing on all cylinders to bring the points home.

Regards 7

#11 Ratboy

Ratboy
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

He needs to shape up, as he was well off the pace and didn't look that up for the game for us against Batley last time out.
Pity really as he had a cracking game against Leigh and we had high hopes for him turning out more often for the Cru'.
Tomorrow we need everybody firing on all cylinders to bring the points home.

Regards 7

Well he looks like has taken it to heart about his fitness on Facebook. Had 9 plates in Le Tasca with his misses and said can't move. I joked on the Widnes site I hope not 9 before a game. If you are unfit and slow criticism will come your way. The lad has ability but will go to waste if does not keep fit.

#12 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 669 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

I hope Clive won't play him if he thinks he can come to Cru to 'get fit'. We don't need passengers, we need drivers!

#13 Ratboy

Ratboy
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:33 PM

The same at Widnes too. He was ###### last week, but surprised played so well at Leigh?

#14 rossco123

rossco123
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:39 PM

He didn't even look interested against Bartley,so many errors I lost count.we should have kept lewis weaver, a year on I think he would have done a much better job. He did it last year at this level against Swindon.

#15 rossco123

rossco123
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

Swinton I meant to say bloody predictive text

#16 rossco123

rossco123
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

Swinton I meant to say bloody predictive text

#17 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

I agree with gogledd, I would rather he didn't come at all than come to 'get fit'!

If his heart isn't in it then he should stay at home, every player on that field needs to be totally up for this one.

Regards 7

#18 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:25 PM

I just hate dual reg. Saw the Wigan players "going through the motions" for Scorpions a couple of times last season. Some DR players see it as an opportunity to show what they can do as the Doncaster/Hull lads did, but a lot see it as an insult to be farmed out to "lesser" clubs, and that's a fact because I have spoke to a few.
I like the look of Lawton. He is raw but has potential, but I would be much happier if Super League clubs could afford to run reserve teams for their "fringe" players to play in and leave the Championships to have a level playing field (Apart from Batley of course LOL).

#19 Haven2010

Haven2010
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

Well done Crusaders you battered us today and fully deserved the 3 points well done again:)

#20 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:00 PM

We hardly got out of our own half in the first 15 minutes and Whitehaven must have wondered what they had to do to score in the early stages. I was as pleased about our defence in that first quarter as I was about every point we scored. If that is how the boys are going to respond to criticism I must give them a good slagging every week! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users