crowd numbers

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 john79

john79
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

Someone mention crowd numbers at home games been so low but in my view the club have space and the means to make the club more fun for family's. With the summer coming up and hope we have warm weather face painting and bouncy castle would bring people with kids I think it should be advertised tried once as trial

#2 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 538 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

I like your idea.  I think that you are spot on in suggesting that attracting families is the way forward.  It might well  be the best strategy for securing the clubs future.  The problem with all good ideas, of course, is that they need personnel and sometimes also finance to implement them.   

Anyway, in the short term, I'm going to try and bring a pal to the next match.  For various reasons I am not sure whether I'll succeed, but if we all try then maybe we can pull the crowd up a little ourselves.

#3 john79

john79
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:08 PM

I would offer for free if it would help the club

#4 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 945 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:48 AM

i think playing attracting rugby once again will bring a few folks back up to mount. we have had face painting and bouncy castles and even a decent band now and again that all helps with the day out, am really hoping mr kear as lashed the whip and some players have had a good look at the dews dvd and themselves ready for a better display,dont want or expect to win every game but we should be playing with some sort of conviction. for rest a season otherwise were down to 400 crowds next time round/ B) 

#5 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

It will not bring in the extra or new fans when the coach states in the Batley news that we are going back to basics. How we can be more basic than 1 pass and a drive baffles me. Oh and thats if we can hold onto the pass. We need to expand our offence because to be brutally honest its not good to watch at the moment. Sorry for sounding negative still got a hangover from Dewsbury debacle. I like the family idea maybe worth a try needs some thaught and planning then promoting properly. But the other big change for me and a lot of fans i have spoken to is putting the 2.00 kick off to bed and reverting to the traditionel 3.00pm . All that said now lets hope for a win and a vital 3pts on Sunday. I will be there will You ?? . We need your support.  

#6 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 945 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

wouldent miss it. a must win for the dogs, 28-12. crowd a 622. first try jd, mom baz.

#7 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,536 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:43 PM

It will not bring in the extra or new fans when the coach states in the Batley news that we are going back to basics. How we can be more basic than 1 pass and a drive baffles me. Oh and thats if we can hold onto the pass. We need to expand our offence because to be brutally honest its not good to watch at the moment. Sorry for sounding negative still got a hangover from Dewsbury debacle. I like the family idea maybe worth a try needs some thaught and planning then promoting properly. But the other big change for me and a lot of fans i have spoken to is putting the 2.00 kick off to bed and reverting to the traditionel 3.00pm . All that said now lets hope for a win and a vital 3pts on Sunday. I will be there will You ?? . We need your support.  

I reckon that your lot found playing under lights on Good Friday disorientating. 3.00 kick-offs might get them used to such fancy technology in the future.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#8 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

I reckon that your lot found playing under lights on Good Friday disorientating. 3.00 kick-offs might get them used to such fancy technology in the future.

Many a true word....

#9 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:27 AM

Agree 100% with Greavsey.

Unfortunately the club comes across as negative as we show little to no ambition, and the advertising is almost as bad as the product on the field.

We are the only club who has ever lost fans after a successful season getting to a grand final - lots of "fans" came out of the woodwork during the play off run, but then quickly vanished afterards as no attempts were made to capitalise on the success we had. To top it all we are now playing some of the worst rugby we have played in years, and We cant expect to bring in new fans while the product we are dishing up is so poor.

Any kind of win will do on Sunday, but it wont be pretty.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#10 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:50 PM

Were the floodlights actually switched on Good Friday?

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship final 2013" 

"The Great Escape 2014"

2015 ?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#11 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,536 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:12 PM

Were the floodlights actually switched on Good Friday?

They must have been as i seem to have a crystal clear memory of every minute of the game. maybe you should buy a DVD just to check Ernie?

:bye:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#12 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:19 PM

At least 1 complete tower of lights were not working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users