Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Just a very large "Thank You"

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#61 town blue

town blue
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

IF SL Cumbria (whoever they are) goes ahead it has to be a fresh start with a brand new board hopefully with money behind them. Has a Worky lad and supporter all my life I wish any future merger or new club all the best but heres one who won't be attending. Gettting back to the present I predict a narrow TOWN win on Sunday, come on the lads.

#62 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

IF SL Cumbria (whoever they are) goes ahead it has to be a fresh start with a brand new board hopefully with money behind them. Has a Worky lad and supporter all my life I wish any future merger or new club all the best but heres one who won't be attending. Gettting back to the present I predict a narrow TOWN win on Sunday, come on the lads.

why wouldn't you attend and give it a go. Is it because personally you are against it?

#63 town blue

town blue
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

I don't have the heart, Iinterest or inclination to watch a SL Cumbria, Tried to follow Wigan but at the end of the day there was something missing -call it misguided loyality if you want.

#64 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

Yes on the FAX game it will be interesting to see if we get the players from Wigan in the positions  that we need,to my mind that is 2 props centre and stand off ,  and get CARTER back at fullback.  

#65 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:31 PM

So you'd rather watch no rugby at all than a competitive joint side? Luckily you'll be in the minority

#66 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

Sounds good abu . Really need our prop rotation back against a monster pack like this . And two behind the scrum would complement that nicely. Carter looks a bit uncertain on the flank . We know he's hot n cold , but you take the rough when you have a player who can do x factor things few ,if any , in your team can . So he needs to be central .

Edited by DavidM, 30 April 2014 - 07:49 PM.

#67 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:20 PM

Yes on the FAX game it will be interesting to see if we get the players from Wigan in the positions that we need,to my mind that is 2 props centre and stand off , and get CARTER back at fullback.

Take your pick ( if only we could) from:
Ryan Hampshire FB, SH, SH; Dominic Manfredi WG, C; Rob Lever LF, SR; Connor Farrell LF, SR; Ryan Sutton P; Ben Austin P and Jack Murphy FB, C, W. ( Lewis Tierney injured).
Plus, whichever two players are not included in the final 17 for the Friday night match. Please note that there is an important U19 Wigan match tomorrow so perhaps the above selection of talent may not be as abundant as it would appear. It was nice to see Ryan Sutton get a run out in the Wigan 1st Team against Hunslet at the weekend.
The realist in me would suggest we will have the most welcome additions of Connor and Jack plus one other perhaps from the Wigan 19.

Edited by Supporter, 30 April 2014 - 08:36 PM.

#68 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:43 PM

Yeah nice to wee Sutton get a game in Wigan,s first team, but why has,ent he been made available  to TOWN?????   

#69 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

Getting back to the original subject of this thread another haven player has walked and asked to be released according to their forum.

#70 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

Who's that?

#71 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:58 PM

If we have any say in who we get from Wigan then ryan Hampshire is an absolute must. And is head and shoulders above everyone else in that list.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#72 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

Who's that?

chris smith

#73 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 872 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

If we have any say in who we get from Wigan then ryan Hampshire is an absolute must. And is head and shoulders above everyone else in that list.

Ryan Hampshire isn't in the 19 for Wigan on Friday, wonder if he fancy's a trip up to Gods country on Sunday !!!  

#74 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 872 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:52 PM

chris smith

Town should tap him up would be a good interchange for Matty , we play local players Chris !!

#75 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

Two props is a must . That was a central part of the arrangement it seems so hopefully we get that back on regular track from this week . If Hampshire can play in the halves get him in there .

Edited by DavidM, 30 April 2014 - 10:18 PM.

#76 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:15 PM

We have wanted 2 props and a half-back all season and every week we are still guessing will we/wont we get them and invariably it's the wont we that wins. I would have thought our coach might have come up with a player or two by now with his contacts in the game. I see Goulding at Barrow is also turning to France where he was national coach for awhile!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#77 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:20 PM

And no doubt he'll get returns from there . We have eyes looking everywhere apparently . Think there's only the GF left in France , so good time to shop there . Plenty of names there when you look at the squads .

Edited by DavidM, 30 April 2014 - 10:33 PM.

#78 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:06 AM

Goulding has confirmed he's in talks with 3 French. Surely there's some options for us

#79 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:33 AM

Goulding has confirmed he's in talks with 3 French. Surely there's some options for us

In Mondays league express, Vievers said he has identified a number of potential halfback targets playing in France!

Edited by scott, 01 May 2014 - 10:34 AM.

#80 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:52 AM

Since last September we've identified ... And spotted .. And are looking at ... And are talking to ... And wait for the news ... But we've never got past that stage ! You can't blame the fans for being fed up with it !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users