Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Trip to Pie-land

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 893 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:12 PM

Excellent day out today ... and excellent performance !!

And what a pity we took 25 minutes to "settle in". We suddenly found the pace of the game and sussed Wigan scrumhalf Green's trick from 2nd/3rd receiver, put a defender into the hole he had been targetting for at least four early tries. Surprisingly it seemed to shut Wigan up and for large parts of the rest of the game, it became difficult to tell who was the SL side and who the C1 side. The remaining 55 minutes or so became an 10-0 arm wrestle !!

Some magnifcent defence today, the pack stood up well but Watson and Grimmer in the backs were even more outstanding. We showed some nice touches with the ball too, and Grimmer and Mapals took their tries well. I'm sure all players and supporters heading back over the Pennines can be justifiably proud of Hunslet RLFC today.

A couple of words about support ... I long since tired of joining in thr great DR "debate" but if the quantity and quality of support for Hunslet today were replicated week in week out, there'd be no need for a link with the Rhinos.

And finally thanks to the Wigan supporters in the main stand who seemed to stay behind en-masse after the final whistle to join in with us applauding our team off.

Well done everybody !! :biggrin:

#2 Mystic Meg

Mystic Meg
  • Players
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

Well said, Wigan as a club were a class act from the start. Shaun Wayne shook every players hand, and went into our dressing room with a signed shirt after the game. Our supporters showed why they are the best in Rugby League, and easily out-sang the home support. Fitness-wise we matched them over the 80 minutes, which against a Super league team is unbelievable. If you were in the Phoenix afterwards, watching the team bond together, you will have seen how the club is progressing.

Well done to all the players, but as a director of the club, I have to say a massive thank you to all the fans that made today one of my best ever sporting days out...

#3 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

Proud of hunslet today,especially after the poor start we had.

#4 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

Great day. Supreme effort by the players.
Awesome support. Hope some of them start to come every week. Good to see Macca there.
Hopefully that will become a regular thing.

#5 Hawksnest

Hawksnest
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:20 AM

So many old faces there yesterday just like the good old day's. The lads did us proud keep up the good work

#6 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

A great day and apart from an incredible opening 20mins when Wigan blew us apart we were fantastic,  full back Matty Bowen,s ability to join the line whenever Wigan broke through absolutly killed us and showed just why he was so highly rated in the NRL.A  lot of teams would have folded in the 2nd half conceding 80 or 90 but not this Hunslet team whose defence was incredible against one of the best teams in the World. Wigan as a Club are a Champion Outfit and their fans are a credit to the game, days like this are what makes RL such a great sport. Watching the game from the other side i can testify our fans were loud and proud and never stopped singing, the feelgood factor and spirit in this Club is the best ive known in a long long time.

Posted Image

#7 biggalouigi

biggalouigi
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

i can only reiterate what the rest of the guys are saying , great support , great team effort, wigan are a top team, and to put that great effort in by all the hunslet players was immense, i am proud to support hunslet and always will be.

#8 upandatem

upandatem
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:47 PM

Superb effort yesterday from 1-17

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users