Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

France's player pool

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:47 AM

I'll bet if the 70,000 who attended the RLWC final between Eng and NZ had attended they would have walked before half time or torn down the goal posts to put a stop to the kickathon.

But, er, they went to watch a different sport. Had the players at soccer city in the 2010 world cup final between Spain and the Netherlands picked up the ball every 10-20 seconds and then smashed into each other, I should expect there would have been a bit of disapproval from the crowd...

#22 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,700 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:54 AM

I wouldn't mind football players smashing into each other a bit more. Its one of the reasons why I find the modern game so dull. Especially at the PL level

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#23 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:26 AM

So you spotted a typo omission. Have a gold star. I believe there was one penalty goal in the final. damn poor eh.

How many lineouts were there in the RLWC final? I can't begin to imagine how dull games without lineouts would be.

28m391z.jpg

#24 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

How many lineouts were there in the RLWC final? I can't begin to imagine how dull games without lineouts would be.

How many bouncers were there? And what of the face offs? Was there a lot of first downs?

#25 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

You have a very limited imagination then and if lineouts turn you on you are easily pleased.

#26 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

You have a very limited imagination then and if lineouts turn you on you are easily pleased.

Whooooooooooooooooooooosh.

28m391z.jpg

#27 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

Whooooooooooooooooooooosh.

Care to explain that. I have no idea what it means unless it the collective groan the crowd exhales when the 5oth lineout of the half is in the offing.

#28 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 6,950 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

Care to explain that. I have no idea what it means unless it the collective groan the crowd exhales when the 5oth lineout of the half is in the offing.

You seem to think every sport should be RL and are unable to understand that fans of different sports are not interested in RL and RL style of play or they would attend games and help bolster RL crowds.

28m391z.jpg

#29 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:31 PM

You seem to think every sport should be RL and are unable to understand that fans of different sports are not interested in RL and RL style of play or they would attend games and help bolster RL crowds.

Indeed. Have you checked out the crowds in the NRL, SL, WC and state of origin games. Somebody likes RL. 

For me the several minutes it takes for 16 blokes to line up at the mark and then be lifted into position just to restart play are boring in extremis and I cannot imagine even the moist ardent RU fan has them in his mind as a defining moment demonstrating the brilliance of the game. Turgid time wasting nonentities of athletic brilliance.

#30 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,721 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:10 AM

Come on guys, keep the thread on topic.  The topic of this thread is France's player pool.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#31 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:31 PM

Come on guys, keep the thread on topic.  The topic of this thread is France's player pool.

Vraiment.

Stop the piscine about you guys.  :ph34r:

#32 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:10 PM

Vraiment.

Stop the piscine about you guys.  :ph34r:

OK then I'll Pool it. I'll keep to the general flow of the thread and water down all meanderings up an alternate creek. I'll be a reformed character and keep to the l'eau road of the original post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users