Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

France's player pool

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:47 AM

I'll bet if the 70,000 who attended the RLWC final between Eng and NZ had attended they would have walked before half time or torn down the goal posts to put a stop to the kickathon.

But, er, they went to watch a different sport. Had the players at soccer city in the 2010 world cup final between Spain and the Netherlands picked up the ball every 10-20 seconds and then smashed into each other, I should expect there would have been a bit of disapproval from the crowd...

#22 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,102 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:54 AM

I wouldn't mind football players smashing into each other a bit more. Its one of the reasons why I find the modern game so dull. Especially at the PL level

#23 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,273 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:26 AM

So you spotted a typo omission. Have a gold star. I believe there was one penalty goal in the final. damn poor eh.

How many lineouts were there in the RLWC final? I can't begin to imagine how dull games without lineouts would be.

28m391z.jpg

#24 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

How many lineouts were there in the RLWC final? I can't begin to imagine how dull games without lineouts would be.

How many bouncers were there? And what of the face offs? Was there a lot of first downs?

#25 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

You have a very limited imagination then and if lineouts turn you on you are easily pleased.

#26 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,273 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

You have a very limited imagination then and if lineouts turn you on you are easily pleased.

Whooooooooooooooooooooosh.

28m391z.jpg

#27 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

Whooooooooooooooooooooosh.

Care to explain that. I have no idea what it means unless it the collective groan the crowd exhales when the 5oth lineout of the half is in the offing.

#28 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,273 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

Care to explain that. I have no idea what it means unless it the collective groan the crowd exhales when the 5oth lineout of the half is in the offing.

You seem to think every sport should be RL and are unable to understand that fans of different sports are not interested in RL and RL style of play or they would attend games and help bolster RL crowds.

28m391z.jpg

#29 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:31 PM

You seem to think every sport should be RL and are unable to understand that fans of different sports are not interested in RL and RL style of play or they would attend games and help bolster RL crowds.

Indeed. Have you checked out the crowds in the NRL, SL, WC and state of origin games. Somebody likes RL. 

For me the several minutes it takes for 16 blokes to line up at the mark and then be lifted into position just to restart play are boring in extremis and I cannot imagine even the moist ardent RU fan has them in his mind as a defining moment demonstrating the brilliance of the game. Turgid time wasting nonentities of athletic brilliance.

#30 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,922 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:10 AM

Come on guys, keep the thread on topic.  The topic of this thread is France's player pool.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#31 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:31 PM

Come on guys, keep the thread on topic.  The topic of this thread is France's player pool.

Vraiment.

Stop the piscine about you guys.  :ph34r:

#32 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:10 PM

Vraiment.

Stop the piscine about you guys.  :ph34r:

OK then I'll Pool it. I'll keep to the general flow of the thread and water down all meanderings up an alternate creek. I'll be a reformed character and keep to the l'eau road of the original post.