Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

club statement

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

good statement of intent by the club,  hope they get it sorted

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#2 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:28 PM

I do too. Too much work gone on over the last few year to allow some drunken idiots to spoil it all I also hope the club name them and ban them for life we don't need them

#3 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 14,946 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

It was stupid. We got covered in beer. However, Brierley did provoke it, especially throwing the ball into the Fev crowd after his second try, if he'd been playing soccer he'd have been sent off for that. I hope he has been disciplined.

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#4 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:15 PM

It was stupid. We got covered in beer. However, Brierley did provoke it, especially throwing the ball into the Fev crowd after his second try, if he'd been playing soccer he'd have been sent off for that. I hope he has been disciplined.

My friend who I was sat with got hit on the head by one of the bottles thrown
Im Fev and im proud

#5 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 651 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

Don`t blame Breirley for some Numptie throwing onto the pitch. Well done to Fev for making the statement and for fans highlighting the clown involved.. We all as fans feel incensed when opposing players score at `our` end  but even the throwing of a ball as never made me that outraged to throw a projectile onto the field, a few expletives maybe..

Edited by Bartholemew Smythe, 28 April 2014 - 10:21 PM.

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#6 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:04 AM

Don`t blame Breirley for some Numptie throwing onto the pitch. Well done to Fev for making the statement and for fans highlighting the clown involved.. We all as fans feel incensed when opposing players score at `our` end  but even the throwing of a ball as never made me that outraged to throw a projectile onto the field, a few expletives maybe..

Of course you are right, the celebration of the try by Brierley should have had no bearing on the fans behaviour, they were drunken morons. After the incident I did go and suggest to the stewards that why didn't they close the bars in that area but we all knew the answer to that, ££££ signs in their eyes before the safety of people
Im Fev and im proud

#7 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 14,946 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:18 AM

I don't defend what the Fev fans did, but the fact is that after his first try he made obscene gestures to the Fev fans, and after his second he threw the ball at them, IMO he should have been yellow carded after the second incident. You cannot possibly have seen this, I did, it was less than ten yards from where I was sitting. Players are paid professionals.  They are not on the field to provoke opposition fans, who after all are paying customers.

Edited by Trojan, 29 April 2014 - 07:24 AM.

#8 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:24 AM

I don't defend what the Fev fans did, but the fact is that after his first try he made obscene gestures to the Fev fans, and after his second he threw the ball at them, IMO he should have been yellow carded after the second incident. You cannot possibly have seen this, I did, it was less than ten yards from where I was sitting.

I can also verify that he did this as I was sat on the front row of seats, the ball also hit a spectator on the head
Im Fev and im proud

#9 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:36 AM

Anyway at least the club are making positive steps on the issue and started their investigations yesterday and have received some names of the perpetrators from various fans.
Im Fev and im proud

#10 old big red

old big red
  • Facebook
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:54 AM

As a fev fan the throwing of anything on to the pitch is no good for any club and should be stamped out
Just before the game started a mobile phone was thrown on the pitch because his football team
Was losing this behaviour is just not good enough why carn't these sort of people Just stop at home
Can't wait for the home game next week come on you fev

#11 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

In an update from the club, 3 males have been given a 3 year ban from attending home games and any away games featuring Rovers. Well done to the club on their actions and the way it as been dealt with.
Im Fev and im proud

#12 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 14,946 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

As a fev fan the throwing of anything on to the pitch is no good for any club and should be stamped out
Just before the game started a mobile phone was thrown on the pitch because his football team
Was losing this behaviour is just not good enough why carn't these sort of people Just stop at home
Can't wait for the home game next week come on you fev

As my mother (a T-Totaller) used memorably to say "when beer's in wit's out."  I never drink when watching rugby, I've a job to follow what's happening sober, plus I can't do to be constantly going to the used beer department.

#13 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:00 PM

Can I also thank the club on there swift action and making it top priority to deal with Good to see the lengthy bans as well lets hope it sends a message out to everyone that this behaviour is not tolerated at this great club and the club doesn't want people like that supporting them Time to move on and hopefully put thing right this Sunday with a win

#14 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

Maureen/Trojan with respect the match video on lctv shows he doesn't do as you recall
Prompt actions by a great chairman at a great club, well done club and fans alike see youSunday

Edited by Maureen T-k, 29 April 2014 - 07:31 PM.
Text speak

#15 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

Maureen/Trojan with respect the match video on lctv shows he doesn't do as you recall
Prompt actions by a great chairman at a great club, well done club and fans alike see youSunday

Like the 'See you Sunday'  We welcome away fans. Please come and we will welcome you. The hapless minority have been dealt with and we are all true RL fans. To all Leigh fans and other clubs fans come on down to a club that gives you a good day out.  

#16 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 403 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

I applaud Featherstone's swift response to Sunday's incident. They have now set down a marker, that all other clubs should/must follow, with any of their misbehaving 'fans'.

#17 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:13 PM

You will find the comments on RL fans are totally behind how you have handled it - respect given from one set of fans to the next, the minority will not spoil it for the vast majority

#18 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 14,946 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:58 PM

Funny that, I've just seen him chuck the ball into the crowd again on the Super League show - BTW his second try came off a forward pass too.

#19 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:25 AM

He didn't throw it at a fan or do obscene gestures though did he, for some reason that's how Ryan normally celebrates scoring and has the ref pointed out Sunday at your end was not the best place to do it

#20 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 14,946 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:10 AM

He didn't throw it at a fan or do obscene gestures though did he, for some reason that's how Ryan normally celebrates scoring and has the ref pointed out Sunday at your end was not the best place to do it

He certainly made gestures after the first try, it was right in front of me, and he certainly threw the ball into the crowd with some force, it hit a man who was behind me on the head.  He should be disciplined by Leigh. The fact the he hasn't been speaks volumes for the attitude of the Leigh club.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users