Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

See the mice in their million hordes

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Oxford

Oxford
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

I know that there will be some who will who will not understand and I promised myself I wouldn't post here again but the
reaction to Marwan Koukash throughout this sport has been appalling."If you can't stand the heat get out of superleague you silly man. Where has keeping the faith gone, in your manager, your players, your club and your fans. STop messing about with it all and meddling and let the people who know about rugby run your club" Really! the people who know about the game and essentially
ran it into the ground at almost every club and were lucky at the other clubs because they were successful. Your comments are
symptomatic of the theme throughout the game and in the rest of the comments here when it comes to Marwan Koukash . A truly sad reflection, not so much about what he's said or done but for having the temerity to try and solve problems at a club and within a sport that have let it become a parody of professional sport. And any possible investors with different ideas would only have to read things like this page to realise RL is a small sport from top to bottom and barely worth the effort for the grief. I
used to think that RL and its fans deserved better than their treatment at the hands of a biased media but comments like this
convince me it simply just desserts.Myopic is as myopic does! The above comment would be laughable if it was a lone voice but it is a general trend in OUR sport that does us no credit and can only work to the game's detriment.
Good Luck Dr Koukash, I'm sorry that this is your reward for bringing something different to this sport and if you walk away
then at least they can all be happy with one less club than they have now - what a price for the right to be smug and insulting
on-line! Digit Warriors and their helpful troll supporters will keep our game on the edge of everything by requiring everyone to conform to their limited view of what our sport is and what it might become!

السلام عليكم Dr Koukash if you want to walk away from this universe of small minded nasties and go for a
drink let me know, my treat - enough is always enough!

Edited by Oxford, 28 April 2014 - 06:55 PM.

#2 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 304 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

Do you have a specific instance in mind?

I only went on this thread because of the Bowie reference (and I can't see its relevance) - there's a few minutes of my life that I'm not getting back

#3 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

relax baby. Just take a few deep breaths...

#4 Oxford

Oxford
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

relax baby. Just take a few deep breaths...

RL the last refuge of ....... fill in as applicable and no amount of deep breaths could cure our sport of this!

Do you have a specific instance in mind?

I only went on this thread because of the Bowie reference (and I can't see its relevance) - there's a few minutes of my life that I'm not getting back

Quoted a specific example of a sad aspect of our sport if you can't see the relevance of the Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads as relating to the lemming quality inherent in this theme I can't help you I'm afraid!

#5 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,096 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

I thought this was going to be another "how many........." thread.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#6 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 304 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

Thought that lemmings were an arctic mammal (and their suicidal tendencies are a myth anyway).  I'm just about to watch Only Connect - maybe it will help me understand your metaphors.

#7 Bulletproof

Bulletproof
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

You are completely delusional. Marwan has a strong personality and inspires a lot of heightened opinions but none of it has been outright nasty. YOU are reading way too much in to things. His twitter account shows that rivalry aside he gets a decent if mischievous reception, although the man can more than take it. And let's face it, he isn't an angel himself in that respect. He completely overreacted yesterday to Denis Betts' press conference. Although I'd rather have someone who shows genuine emotion than a faceless corporate robot. 

He get's things wrong sometimes, in a big way, due to his ego. Replacing a coach like Noble so soon during the building process and replacing him with an unproven coach like Harris was a poor move. But I suspect Salford wont mind too much as they are in a much better position with him at the helm than they might've been.

#8 Oxford

Oxford
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:54 PM

You are completely delusional. Marwan has a strong personality and inspires a lot of heightened opinions but none of it has been outright nasty. YOU are reading way too much in to things. His twitter account shows that rivalry aside he gets a decent if mischievous reception, although the man can more than take it. And let's face it, he isn't an angel himself in that respect. He completely overreacted yesterday to Denis Betts' press conference. Although I'd rather have someone who shows genuine emotion than a faceless corporate robot. 

He get's things wrong sometimes, in a big way, due to his ego. Replacing a coach like Noble so soon during the building process and replacing him with an unproven coach like Harris was a poor move. But I suspect Salford wont mind too much as they are in a much better position with him at the helm than they might've been.

Brimming over with the usual wrongability and exactly what I meant, thanks for the help!
مع السلامة

Edited by Oxford, 28 April 2014 - 08:01 PM.

#9 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:10 PM

Quoted a specific example of a sad aspect of our sport if you can't see the relevance of the Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads as relating to the lemming quality inherent in this theme I can't help you I'm afraid!

Actually, I didn't get the quote. You put some phrases in quotation marks, but didn't provide any reference for them. Which thread did they come from? Or were they from Twitter or some other social media place (in which case, it will go completely over my head, as I don't do social media)?

I get your main point, but I'm sure Dr Koukash will treat the knobheads' comments with the disdain they deserve. Perhaps you should follow suit?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#10 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 304 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

I disagree with your point (I think), but maybe you could choose a less obtuse way of making it.  Is the text in the quotation marks in your opening post an actual quote? and if so, who from?

Quoting from Arnold Rimmer probably won't win you any arguments either; you'd be better off quoting Ralph Rimmer.  Like the arabic flounce though: farewell to you.

#11 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 304 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:38 PM

Oh, and I quite like Koukash by the way.

#12 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

Taking flouncing to the next level

#13 Trojan horse

Trojan horse
  • Coach
  • 169 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:16 PM

Having spent all that cash the result will have depressed Marwan, but the the 2630 attendance for a challenge cup tie against a nearby team  with travelling support  will have been more depressing.

Results wise I think he will have the last laugh, although it may take longer than he initially planned.

But what to do about attendances ?

#14 Bulletproof

Bulletproof
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

Brimming over with the usual wrongability and exactly what I meant, thanks for the help!
مع السلامة

I'll take your absolute lack of any meaningful riposte as a total submission and move on.

الآن وقف يجري الباطلة

#15 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:33 AM

As a Bradford fan, I think another line from the same lp is more apt; 'where's your shame you've left us up to our necks in it'.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#16 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:44 AM

What is 'wrongability'?

Also, did MW really expect fans/success in the first season? It took Man City 3 or 4 years to win the league, and even Chelsea took a year. Sorry for the football comparison, but I can't think of anyone coming in and really wanting to throw the cash around in RL. As for the crowds, if I recall correctly, City and Chelsea already had good followings (no doubt further bolstered by success) and so that is hard to compare.

#17 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 304 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:58 AM

What is 'wrongability'?

Red Dwarf reference.  I think that Oxford likes to use cultural references of varying levels of obscurity although none of them seem to help him get his point across.  I seem to remember one thread where he said that anyone on here should be ashamed at not knowing that Dennis Waterman once played Dally Messenger in a TV film.

#18 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

That's all I need, a tutorial on why I need to kiss Marwan on his brown eye.

#19 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,482 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:50 AM

Shouldn't that Arabic start at the right margin ?

Just asking ......

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#20 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

I promised myself I wouldn't post here again but the

Please have mopre willpower in the future

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users