Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

UNIFICATION

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:29 PM

Since we came under the RFL governance do people think the community game gets a fair crack of the whip ?

#2 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:32 PM

Apathy is killing the game for what it's worth IMO the community game is getting shafted left right and centre .

#3 Defender

Defender
  • Coach
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

Think I will be keeping my powder dry till after the community board meeting on Wednesday.
I see BARLA have approved the Operational Rules, why complain at some of the rules and ask for changes if changes have been made please let us see, most was wording anyway. It will be easier for the community game to be shafted now.

#4 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:06 AM

Since we came under the RFL governance do people think the community game gets a fair crack of the whip ?

No because the guys on the ground got ridden over roughshod by the performance department
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#5 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:00 PM

No because the guys on the ground got ridden over roughshod by the performance department

And there is a bigger kick in the male genitals coming .

#6 Defender

Defender
  • Coach
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

The RFL will have to be careful as I don't think the game can take many more kicks

#7 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:32 AM

The amatuer game (certainly at open age level) is on its backside!!!

Even a blind man can see that, but IMO the RFL dont give a damn about it - if anyone can prove otherwise please feel free to prove me wrong.

Player numbers are down, spectator numbers are down, most clubs no longer running 2nd teams, clubs dropping out of the Flagship NCL, and coaching has now turned in to firefighting and just making the numbers up!!!

Winter had its problems to and numbers where in slow decline, IMO summer has just accelerated the decline.

To be quite honest i have stopped enjoying it and as a result i am now hanging my coaching gear up after this season, with well over 30 years involvement as a player, coach and committee member i can honestly say that the amatuer game IMO is in its worst state ever.

#8 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:12 PM

Many people share the same view , I'm stubborn I won't give in .
The problem is so many people have thrown the towel in we used to be a pro active group of volunteers and yes the game was having its problems , but since unification the game has become over regulated and the fun element has been taken out of the sport and to be blunt we have the wrong people representing the sport in key positions .
How we turn it round god knows but for me we need stability and a clear plan , what we get from the RFL is change after change after change .
We have created a monster that only feeds on what is good for the professional game .

#9 fatboystu

fatboystu
  • 279 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:25 PM

The trouble is, without the grass roots game there will be no pro game. They need each other to survive.

#10 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 286 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:51 AM

Good morning Taxi, unification would be better read as; subjugation.

And this proccess, which has been greatly aided by the weak leadership within BARLA and the continual misinformation that both sides have been guilty of, has now entered it's final throes.

#11 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:11 PM

BARLA needs grabbing hold of by the scruff of the neck and the amateur game needs to be stood up for, in its current guise its doing more harm than good

#12 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:11 AM

Barla as we know it is finished , time for a new organisation to represent the amatuer game .

#13 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:15 PM

Ten out of ten for the FA in being open and transparent about their plans .

Nice to see the Pennine league working with the RFL can only be good for the game .

#14 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 286 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:49 AM

Ten out of ten for the FA in being open and transparent about their plans .

Nice to see the Pennine league working with the RFL can only be good for the game .

That's all well and good but wouldn't you think though, that it should be BARLA who were working with the RFL on Pennine ARL's behalf and the rest of its members

Edited by Nev V Dawn, 11 May 2014 - 07:28 AM.

#15 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

Pennine , Barla ?
Is it not the same Nev ?

Now three years since our last Barla youth and junior meeting at least the RFL pretend to engage with us .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users