Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

leigh at home

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:23 PM

Is this another player injured ?

Is this another player injured ?

hope it's not a falling out

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#22 old big red

old big red
  • Facebook
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:47 PM

It sounds like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing

#23 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,199 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:17 PM

Why do people always seem to read to much into things, players get injured in training, or fall ill very quickly, the coach is in a no win situ IMO
Im Fev and im proud

#24 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:07 PM

one way to stop the remarks is stop nameing the team 2 days before match day simple's like you say mtk players get injured or fall ill !!! have we ever had a coach that names the team so early before just leave it till match days

#25 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:19 PM

Have to disagree its good to see the squad announced on the website on a Friday evening.

#26 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,199 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:31 PM

Have to disagree its good to see the squad announced on the website on a Friday evening.

I too like to see the squad announced, but people have to learn to accept that things can change in the matter of 5 minutes
Im Fev and im proud

#27 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:07 AM

I too like to see the squad announced, but people have to learn to accept that things can change in the matter of 5 minutes

and it has, no Etu

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#28 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,199 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:27 AM

and it has, no Etu

Exactly Oldrover, looks like a Hamstring injury
Im Fev and im proud

#29 binosh

binosh
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:40 AM

Just feel like it might be a game to far for us Leythers today, you boys will be up for it and we cant keep winning, it has to end sometime.

#30 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:43 AM

to be honest etu has'nt been that much of a game breaker he was said to have been not nrl standerd in the championship think chisholm would have scored the tries he's got and i know chisholms been injured last few weeks or mybe even tommy !!! but i'm a fan of tommys anyway

#31 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

Just feel like it might be a game to far for us Leythers today, you boys will be up for it and we cant keep winning, it has to end sometime.

Winning streaks do have to end some time..and like winning the league has to end some time also; You looked a class act last week and though it was an exciting game Fev looked to be hanging on throughout the match; Just hope the game befits our standards and hopefully we can reverse the score;

#32 Andy Stennett

Andy Stennett
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:22 AM

I was disappointed last week but more because we appeared to play to a system that. ...
- had overcomplicated moves that we didn't appear to have practiced to a point where everyone knew who was doing what, resulting in us passing to no one or the wrong person.
- Those same moves were sometimes on the 2nd tackle, so we hadn't tied the defence in at all.
- 3 times we had a scrum in our 20 m, their full back in the line and nobody at home deep. Each time we did the same drive by Ian Hardman and never thought about a deep kick for a chase which would either give us the ball or have their forwards running back 70 m to start again. Leigh, clearly never thought we might do something different, we play to a system,^it doesn't vary. The object of the game is to score points, admittedly using a plan but but keep the opposition guessing.
One kick through and they'll think twice where to stand at the next scrum.
- It was also interesting to note that one Leigh fan realised how good Andy Bostock is in our team.... Shame and in my opinion,totally nuts he can only get in our 17 because of injury. Then again, I'm not a coach but he's worth a place as he wears out defences and is great in defence.
Spanish Apartment for Holiday Rental in Spain Visit www.ownersdirect.co.uk
Ref: S8185
Mobile 07738 528178

#33 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

Looks like we will have to get Chisholm back in the team then. Depending on Etu injury the club should do what any other club would do and bring there most experienced winger back from his loan We will now see if there is any truth that Saxton is not wanted at Fev because if he is he will be training at Fev next week and in until Etu recovers

Good luck today to the team no matter who runs out give 100% and we might just win it that's all we can ask for

#34 sentoffagain

sentoffagain
  • Twitter
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:40 AM

you   may  not  be  a  coach  but  you  have  grasped  what  fev  under   bastian   are   doing   wrong .over complicating  plays,  have  i   prevously  posted  rugby  league  is  quite  a  simple  game  for  players  with  relevent  skills.just  take  the  ball  into  the  line   with  players  supporting  the  ball  carrier  for  offloads  and   play   with  pace  to  tire  the   opposition.it  is  no   suprise  apart  from  the  play  off  defeat  by  batley  the  best  rugby  we  played  last  season  was   when  sean  long   assisted  and  allowed   players  to  express   themselves   more.

#35 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:32 PM

you   may  not  be  a  coach  but  you  have  grasped  what  fev  under   bastian   are   doing   wrong .over complicating  plays,  have  i   prevously  posted  rugby  league  is  quite  a  simple  game  for  players  with  relevent  skills.just  take  the  ball  into  the  line   with  players  supporting  the  ball  carrier  for  offloads  and   play   with  pace  to  tire  the   opposition.it  is  no   suprise  apart  from  the  play  off  defeat  by  batley  the  best  rugby  we  played  last  season  was   when  sean  long   assisted  and  allowed   players  to  express   themselves   more.

It was defensive errors that cost Fev the game last week, nothing to do with the plays. Sharp and Keegan had good games with the ball, but Will's attempted tackle on Kay in th first minute was poor and led to their opening try, and Keegan should have collared Haggerty when he forced his way over. Brierley's 2nd & 3rd tries could also be attributed to missed tackles, but the player's brilliance also played a part.

#36 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

Get him out now time for a new coach absolute shambles lucky to finish in top two

#37 Andy Stennett

Andy Stennett
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

Taxi for Bastian!!
Spanish Apartment for Holiday Rental in Spain Visit www.ownersdirect.co.uk
Ref: S8185
Mobile 07738 528178

#38 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:56 PM

said that 2 weeks since heard a wisper cullan in the pipeline

#39 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:02 PM

he has to go, completely clueless. Getting worse each week.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#40 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:10 PM

Wasn't good today but accept Leigh are a better side this season and better than us If things change at the club then the players may get better but at the moment there not as good. Well done Leigh you played well today and were the best team hope we can catch you up but don't think we will