Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

leigh at home

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

we make them look better than they are. They looked ordinary for long periods, with the amount of possession we had in the first half we should of been out of sight. We had no idea how ti break them down.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#42 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 648 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:30 PM

Not a bad win for an Ordinary team then...

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#43 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

no a good win for an ordinary team.

on another note if our supporters had used the foul language that the Leigh supporters used all afternoon there would have been hell on.

#44 Cardypaul

Cardypaul
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:03 PM

We were poor in the second half. Thought we looked very disorganised in both attack and defence today which may well have been due to dropping Moore. We certainly didn't have anyone to take us round the field today.

The most disturbing point though was the comments of Bastian after the game while he was right that our decision making was poor today he seemed to miss the fact that we didn't seem to have a clue what we were doing. Also he commented a bout pick getting 10 minutes at the end, in the modern game you can't have a forward only playing 10 minutes in a game, if he is good enought to play you have got to give him a good stint to spell the other forwards.

#45 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:17 PM

We bombed quite a few chances in the first half. Leigh were the better team, team being the operative word. We didn't look like a team and had very few ideas. We lacked a general and looked very ordinary. Lets hope we don't slide even further but Sheffield away next week doesn't look good. We need a complete overall both in attack and defence.

#46 the shootist

the shootist
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

just been reading the meltdown on facebook all blaming bastion and calling for his head I must say I wont be sorry to see him go but our demise falls fairly and squarely on whoever decided to get shut of the best coach in both competitions full stop!

#47 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

whats the point if not using all your subs throughout the game? Crazy.

#48 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:31 PM

I didn't expect that today, especially after the tonsillitis that has being going round the club struck again during the week. Your pack was battered and out of steam in the first half, our bench carried on punishing you just as you have done to us many times in recent years.

Keep yer peckers up, top 2 is all that matters this year and imo it will be you or fax or ourselves taking those spots

#49 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:33 PM

Todays performance was sickening.Looking at the players and I could tell they didn't want to be there. All of our forwards were knackered puffing like nothing right. Absolutely no team spirit today, I never stopped trying to encourage them, totally lost my voice. Disappointed with fans turning around and saying that they aren't going next week because of it. We must have some of the most miserable fans in the world, always got to win other wise we'll flit to another team.... shocking. John Bastian what can I say, you've had your chance every play was one man and there is absolutely NO POINT in passing down the line before drawing a man. Pass for sake of passing is almost as worse as one man rugby. Will Sharp gets suckered in too much, his attacking game is brilliant but his defence needs work.

I would have put our second team out today, they work better together, we had no clue. If we play like we all know we can play, then we will be unbeatable.

What is wrong?

Edited by ROVERS FOREVER, 04 May 2014 - 05:33 PM.

#50 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:37 PM

Oh and another thing, isn't it funny how 4 years on the trott we win league, get nothing and then as soon as we get rid of best coach we've had in years and start playing sh*te, that there is money up for grabs to 1st and 2nd in league.

We won't come second at this rate.

#51 the shootist

the shootist
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:39 PM

I said it earlier the chaiman gets shut of good coaches

#52 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

It was billed as the clash of the TITANS we only had the A an N missing

Edited by dydo, 04 May 2014 - 05:51 PM.

#53 rovers

rovers
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:57 PM

I did not think Leigh were that good, we were poor which made them look better, our kicking game at best is poor

#54 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:01 PM

I did not think Leigh were that good, we were poor which made them look better, our kicking game at best is poor

I say that about Leeds in SL

#55 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 648 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:05 PM

Wow consecutive weeks you've been beaten by a team who aren't that good... ;)
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#56 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:11 PM

Well done to Leigh today they did to us today what we have been doing to teams for the past 4 year. I can't see us getting any better they used to say we had no plan b whatever that is we don't even have a plan a at the moment. It's going to be a long season me thinks.

#57 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

DESTINATION DRAWING BOARD!

#58 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:24 PM

Leigh did play well, but as has been said elsewhere, if we'd have converted possession into points in the first half we could have been out of site. That we weren't was down in a good part to Leigh's defence, but was also down to our lack of guile and a seeming lack of co-ordination in our moves. Second half, we simply weren't at the races, and Leigh did to us what we've done to many teams over the last few years - made us look very poor. Well done Leigh, thoroughly deserved win.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#59 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:56 PM

Bad day at the office for Fev today, they had us 'on the ropes' at times in last week's game (1st half) but for missed kicks...etc. Not quite the case today, though obviously it was a tough win for us.

#60 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:26 PM

What a fall from grace the last 4/5 months have been!

Half decent play in the pre season friendlies (i know you dont read much into them) to being served that today with the same bunch of players??!!

Like a mirror image of last week - a level game with all the pressure, yet do not take any chances presented due to being devoid of ideas near the line

The team looks individual, with no real leaders and they look like they want no further part under this regime - at times it looked like they want to help as much as they can getting the coach dismissed with the half ar*ed tackle attempts in that last 20 mins

The way the team is playing is rubbing off on the supporters - the atmosphere is flat and subdued, and POR doesnt feel like a fortress anymore, from a personal point of view im not ashamed to say that i had a few £ on Leigh today outright and on the handicap, thats how much i believed in us pulling off a victory today

First posistion is gone, we can forget that this season - we should concentrate on getting second place now

Roll on Sheff next week who warmed up for us with a nice 50 point win today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users