Injuries

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:58 PM

Following up on Aaron Browns injuries, the news is not good unfortunately. Due to the nature of the injury it is likely he will be out long term and we can only wish him a speedy and comfortable recovery.

The remainder of the squad are thankfully, injury free and looking to form part of Glenn's plans for the weekend.

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#2 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

Massive blow but it opens a door for someone else . Lets hope we see Aaron back to his best next season.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#3 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

As has already been said, get him signed up for 2015. Fantastic player who could be even better with a little injury luck.

#4 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:27 AM

Desperately bad news for us and for him.  An absolute must that we keep him for next season

#5 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

Will be interesting if plans are been made already for recruiting or keeping players for 2015, keep in mind that Glenn's contract is up end of this season I think, by the way I'm hoping he's in charge next season.

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

Depends if a big NRL club swoop for him first doesn't it?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:32 AM

Depends if a big NRL club swoop for him first doesn't it?

Are you wearing your serious hat or your ironic one BSJ ? :O

#8 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

Are you wearing your serious hat or your ironic one BSJ ? :O

Actually it is simple sarcasm on my part GOR, mixed with a healthy dose of cynicism.

Edited by Blind side johnny, 01 May 2014 - 10:47 AM.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#9 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:06 PM

Actually it is simple sarcasm on my part GOR, mixed with a healthy dose of cynicism.

Thought you'd lost the plot for a minute there BSJ. ;) Should the happy clappys think I'm being negative, I'm not - GM may well turn out to be the best coach ever to grace these shores, but he still has to prove himself in the championship. A top four place would clinch his credentials, but TBH just avoiding relegation would do for me..

#10 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:03 PM

I foresee a touch of indigestion by tea time!
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#11 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:59 PM

Thought you'd lost the plot for a minute there BSJ. ;) Should the happy clappys think I'm being negative, I'm not - GM may well turn out to be the best coach ever to grace these shores, but he still has to prove himself in the championship. A top four place would clinch his credentials, but TBH just avoiding relegation would do for me..

A long way to I'm afraid. The secret of great coaches is to consistently get the best from the players he has. Ned did this very well in the great days of 2000 /2001. To date consistency has been a major problem under GM and until he get the lads up for every game I remain to be convinced. Don't get me wrong. I think we are going in the right direction, but still work in progress. I'm sure GM would agree. Let's remember he is still pretty new to the game and in time he could indeed prove himself to be one of the best.

#12 Heckler

Heckler
  • Coach
  • 421 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:56 PM

GM could make a surprise in the number 13 shirt. According to Matty Bowen in this months RL World he says GM is the best loose forward he has seen.

Failing that how about Spicer at 13 and bring Joel Farrell into the second row?

#13 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:19 PM

Better that WG in my view and a bit more expansive than Kelly was. Let's see defensive displays like the one against Featherstone when we play "lesser" teams and we might develop even greater faith.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#14 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:15 PM

I didn't see any NRL headhunters at Cougar Park today. Wonder why that was?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#15 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:35 PM

back to injuries, Aaron Brown has torn his lateral ligament and had extensive surgery to re-attach, would like to wish him a good recovery, take as long as its takes to get back fully fit.

Would like to know if Pryce was carrying an injury before the Keighley game, if so rest him and give someone else a chance.

#16 sadram

sadram
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:29 PM

think price has enough rest when he is on the field.

Posted Image

#17 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

I hope GM gives Callan Beckett, Shaun Robinson, Ryan Wright and Joel Farrell a chance. Has anyone got news on Jobe Murphy and when he will be fit to play?

Edited by Eddie_Rombo, 09 May 2014 - 05:22 PM.

#18 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:35 PM

Agree with Eddie apart from Robinson because he's on loan at Rochdale

#19 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:47 PM

Agree with Eddie apart from Robinson because he's on loan at Rochdale

He's only on a month's loan though and I'm sure that has run out

#20 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:25 PM

Robinson can't defend for toffee, otherwise he's great.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users