TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Boyle Out For Season

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tigers News

Tigers News
  • Coach
  • 519 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:17 PM

8727.jpg

Castleford Tigers Head Coach Daryl Powell has confirmed that Ryan Boyle is out for the remainder of the 2014 First Utility Super League season.

The prop requires a knee reconstruction surgery after he re-ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament in the Tigers win over Wakefield Wildcats on Good Friday. 

Powell also said that the Tigers are looking to announce reinforcements to the forwards department in the coming days after confirming that Nathan Massey will be out for 6-8 weeks having had surgery on an ankle injury on Wednesday, while Dan Fleming is also unavailable with a back injury.

"We're struggling a little bit up front. In terms of big men we are a little bit light. Frankie Mariano and Oliver Holmes can play in the middle so we can manage, but there are a few issues.

"We'll be announcing a new singing in the next couple of days which will strengthen us up a little bit."

Boyle tweeted: "Absolutely gutted that my season is over after working so hard to get back in time for most of this season.

"It will be operated on in the next few weeks. I will be back in October for a full pre-season with the boys.

"I'm still looking forward to watching the boys continue with the great form they have started [the season] with."

Meanwhile, Powell said that full-back Luke Dorn could be available for the Thursday Thriller with Leeds Rhinos on 8th May.

Photo: Melanie Allatt. 

[[HTML]]

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users