Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wristwatches

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,356 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:07 PM

I don't know if anyone else is a fan, but the variety of amazingly creative designs that you can buy for reasonable money is bigger than ever, while the 'collectible' market is also booming.

Given the rise of the mobile phone, tablet, etc., a watch is no longer really a necessity, but it can be a pleasure. You can look at them as costume jewellery or an heirloom/investment - I fall into the former camp. All my watches are at the cheaper-to-reasonable end of the budget, but what are your favourites?

While I am a fan of Skagen's ultra-slim designs, and also own a Daniel Wellington with NATO strap, my latest purchase is in a German Aero style. Chunky and old-fashioned, despite it containing a simple oriental quartz movement. Here's a pic - what have you got?

a1254-1.jpg

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,969 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

I like watches but would struggle to name a brand apart from Sekonda or Timex maybe . I have always worn a watch though.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#3 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,099 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:05 PM

I have a Raymond Weil watch which is nice but being an automatic movement is prone to losing time over a week or so which given the purchase price is a little disappointing. I looked at the cost of having it serviced but basically it would have to go back to Switzerland for that to be done.

A friend has a Skagen watch which I thought it was very nice, his wife is Danish and she got it him as a wedding present.

I do like watches, no idea why.

28m391z.jpg

#4 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,847 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:59 AM

I bought a "pebble" watch after it was successfully launched through Kickstarter and its a great bit of kit.

Now I don't take out my phone from my pocket to check the time, but I check my watch to see if its worth taking my phone out of my pocket to answer it!  And of course occasionally I use it to check the time.................!!!

#5 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,030 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:44 AM

I never wear one.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#6 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,493 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:19 PM

I have a Raymond Weil watch which is nice but being an automatic movement is prone to losing time over a week or so which given the purchase price is a little disappointing. I looked at the cost of having it serviced but basically it would have to go back to Switzerland for that to be done.

A friend has a Skagen watch which I thought it was very nice, his wife is Danish and she got it him as a wedding present.

I do like watches, no idea why.

Do they have kids?  Are they any good with a rugby ball?  What are their contact details? :D

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#7 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,099 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

Do they have kids?  Are they any good with a rugby ball?  What are their contact details? :D

No kids I am afraid, but if they do make any announcements I'll be sure to let you know.

28m391z.jpg

#8 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

I have a Black Ceramic And Stainless Steel Rado Integral.

LUNEW.jpg

#9 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:00 PM

I own a ralgex lobster that I bought in Hong Kong!

Own a Tissot Seastar and a Tag Heuer Senna  plus a Sekonda for everyday wear.I quite like my watches!

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#10 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,099 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:10 AM

I have a Black Ceramic And Stainless Steel Rado Integral.

Rado do some really nice watches, the black ceramic ones i especially like.

28m391z.jpg

#11 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

Rado do some really nice watches, the black ceramic ones i especially like.

Had mine about 15 years now and still love it. I think the black/gold ones are a bit vulgar looking but the black/stainless steel ones are class!

LUNEW.jpg

#12 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,356 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:30 AM

Had mine about 15 years now and still love it. I think the black/gold ones are a bit vulgar looking but the black/stainless steel ones are class!

Just Googled Rado watches, and I'd agree. There are some nice designs there. Not too ostentatious.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users