Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Haven in Free Fall

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 807 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:10 PM

Its all kicking off at the Shaven, players walking out directors, saying it will cost ££££ to get rid of Woodsy and they will lose saints link, fans wanting to boycott games! fans wanting Calvin and Woodsy out, even BKM is saying they wont have any players left soon.

Stick in there Woodsy lad, don't do out daft, don't listen to them , don't let them beat you, were all behind you lad.

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:22 PM

Wonder what Brett Seymour thinks !

#3 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:17 AM

Anything other than atleast a BP and deluded.com will go into meltdown this weekend

#4 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:18 AM

Anything other than atleast a BP and deluded.com will go into meltdown this weekend

#5 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:34 AM

Mrs Raaz's latest post on the Haven site is quite an eye-opener.....

There is no forum member with any cerebral functioning that doesn't understand that my engagement with the Club is due to the supporters.

I've chosen to observe and hope for improvement and productivity on the part of the BOD to lead us into the future. I've taken a view of observing hoping that the Club would deliver on my expectations regarding proper business conduct.

That has not happened.

Even more outrageous is the BOD's attitude of not protecting their shareholders' interest.

With their approach in mind I am now engaging counsel in the U.K. to examine and explore the conduct of the Whitehaven RLFC2010 in regards to my shareholding and to their actions/conduct that immediately impacts my investment into the "Club".

This will include, at some point, a request for a forensic accounting of the books, an account regarding proper reporting to authorities regarding Board members, share distribution, etc. . ...and understand that if revealed, and if capable, each and every Board Member will be held personally accountable for their engagement in inappropriate activity.

What is frustrating for me is that the money I will spend on this would be far more fruitful being spent on projects to bring the Club forward, but the BOD leaves me no choice. It is what it is.

Interesting times ahead at the Recre !

Super Clarty Git Amang It Dip Fer Dippin Owt In

#6 Garymaca07

Garymaca07
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:05 AM

Sounds very serious,wonder what's been going on! Suppose we,ll all find out shortly.

#7 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:23 AM

Comedy gold!!!! What next... RC and crew do the dodge and then lo and behold up pops TaxDodgers RLFC 2015 minus a certain shareholder?

Edited by OttO, 02 May 2014 - 09:25 AM.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#8 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:30 PM

That just smacks of a club spending beyond its means without approval

#9 allezhaven

allezhaven
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:48 PM

Free fall? Batley 10 Haven 30

#10 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:55 PM

Here come the gloaters. Where were you after the NWC result?
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#11 allezhaven

allezhaven
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

Absolutely gutted and I'm not gloating just relieved we didn't lose again

#12 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 220 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:18 PM

Woods Out! Oh sorry that was last week ir is it next week?

#13 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:20 PM

Haven win ... Crusaders get hammered . Work this league out ! Teams are picking up the odd win to keep afloat , that's the key . You get a chance , you get a game to nail , you gotta grasp them , as round the corner there'll be games where you get nowt .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users