Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

01/05/14 - St Helens v London Broncos KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. St Helens by 25 points or more (5 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. St Helens by 13 to 24 points (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. St Helens by 1 to 12 points (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. London Broncos by 1 to 12 points (1 votes [9.09%])

6. London Broncos by 13 to 24 points (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. London Broncos by 25 points or more (1 votes [9.09%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,627 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:05 AM

Discuss St Helens v London Broncos here:

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 faithfulbyname

faithfulbyname
  • Coach
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:55 AM

Seems a strange one for Sky to be showing, and I'll be watching from behind the sofa, as Broncos are my second, and most local, team.  Hopefully the squad will have had more time to train together to get an understanding seeing as they weren't involved in the Challenge Cup last weekend.

I  just hope they put up a good show and that its not a total walkover for Saints.

• nec likes this

#3 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,396 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:03 AM

Hear hear. Broncos have had so many new faces arrive that a week off to work together can only be a good thing. But Saints will make this a painful score, I reckon. Best of luck to London.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#4 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:41 AM

I expect that both sides will be happy with the timing of this fixture. It would appear to be the perfect game for us to arrest our recent slide, while in London's favour we may have a few nerves and might be feeling a bit down on ourselves.

I think Saints will win but I doubt it will be a complete walkover. I'd be surprised with a winning margin of more than 18-24 points.

I wonder if we'll manage to get through tonight without dropping a kick off? 

#5 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

A month ago and I would have anticipated a Saints mauling of the Broncos.  No offence intended to Broncos.

Now, however, I no longer know what kind of team we have and whether Brown is going to be a total nutjob in his team selection and 'tactics' yet again and so I'm reserving judgment as to specifics.

Saints should win but if we drop as much ball and miss as many tackles as we have been doing over the Easter period then it could get problematic for Saints.  If nothing else, the Broncos lads are enthusiastic and never stop trying.  Sometimes that can be the difference, as Saints found on Good Friday, and can more than make up for any difficiencies in ability or experience.

#6 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,729 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:11 PM

Ridiculous choice of TV game

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#7 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:28 PM

Ridiculous choice of TV game

Agreed. Any of the games taking place on Sunday would have been better choices, particularly Huddersfield vs Castleford which has the potential to be a superb contest.

#8 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

I've a nasty suspicion that Lucy Worsley on George I over on BBC4's going to be more attractive than cringeing through the second half! As far as the match choice is concerned, don't forget that Sky have to show teams a minimum number of times, so they like to get games involving rubbish like us out of the way nice and early in the season.

#9 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,006 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:00 PM

I think London will put on a decent show. They got within 6 points of the Catalans before Easter (who may have clocked off) and within 20 of Wigan. Saints by no more than 20, and London to win during May.

#10 tomdooley

tomdooley
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:38 PM

unforyunately i only get sky sports 1 and 2 on my bt box and this game is not on either channel .So iwill watch the lovely lucy Worsley on bbc 4.

#11 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:16 PM

Feeling very flat about this game in a very flat season generally on this board, Just got to keep plugging away really. There is no Cavalry coming so all I can say is when the inevitable criticism of Tony Rea's post match comments starts up, Is that what exactly is Tony meant to say, raise the white flag and declare that all hope is lost and we are going to get tonked every week. Would that suit some Broncos fans ?

My only criticism is that someone cannot find Tony a London Broncos crested cap to wear at the Press call .. perhaps the budget does not go this far.

My concerns about this board only increase at the number of posters on this thread  who appear to find Lucy Worsley their pin up girl... :O

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#12 jus de couchon

jus de couchon
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

Im watching and ST H are 20 zip . Broncos aren't that bad ffs. Just scored?//

#13 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 973 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:40 PM

Eamonn Mcmanus looks like he's gonna have a nervous breakdown.

#14 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:41 PM

Great hands in saints fourth try, supoyb

#15 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,116 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:01 PM

come on broncos 

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#16 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:09 PM

I've a nasty suspicion that Lucy Worsley on George I over on BBC4's going to be more attractive than cringeing through the second half! As far as the match choice is concerned, don't forget that Sky have to show teams a minimum number of times, so they like to get games involving rubbish like us out of the way nice and early in the season.

That's where I've gone. Much to Red Rooster's discust no doubt. :D

Edited by Griff9of13, 01 May 2014 - 08:11 PM.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#17 londonrlfan

londonrlfan
  • Coach
  • 842 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:11 PM

Well that was sheeeet, highlight of the match being us actually completing sets lmao, that's how poor we've been this year. Glad Bish got a chance for once and played well, no doubt that will see him dropped again next week. 

#18 gutterfax

gutterfax
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:42 AM

Feeling very flat about this game in a very flat season generally on this board, Just got to keep plugging away really. There is no Cavalry coming so all I can say is when the inevitable criticism of Tony Rea's post match comments starts up, Is that what exactly is Tony meant to say, raise the white flag and declare that all hope is lost and we are going to get tonked every week. Would that suit some Broncos fans ?

My only criticism is that someone cannot find Tony a London Broncos crested cap to wear at the Press call .. perhaps the budget does not go this far.

My concerns about this board only increase at the number of posters on this thread  who appear to find Lucy Worsley their pin up girl... :O

Broncos now losing by an average of 31 points a game, with the score being 44-13. There is no hope for the team in 2014 unless Hughes steps up now and confirms his level of commitment and investment, which I believe will be minimal at best, so unless the RFL issue another bribe.........sorry, marketing stipend to Kleanthous, the Broncos could be looking at 2015 playing out of Skolars new plastic pitch with only the parachute payment to see them through the season, before imploding in October 2015 and vanishing up their own arseholes.

Tony Rea is not to blame for this "end game' being played out on SKY sports like some sort of sporting "snuff" film, although he is culpable in part, but Hughes has to take responsibility and blame for this......the mans a class A loon :jester:

#19 bamfordsbeans

bamfordsbeans
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:59 AM

Sky really dont do us any favours picking matches like these.When we are in competition with other sports for news coverage I would imagine most of even the games most loyal fans show little interest.

Thank goodness its Leeds v Wigan tonight.

#20 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:51 AM

Well, from a Saints POV, we look like a shadow of the team that was playing before Good Friday.  What has happened to them is anyone's guess but aside from Luke Walsh, who I thought was great, we were nowhere.  A team not holding up the table would have crucified us after the first 20 minutes or so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users