Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rochdale

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:08 AM

Big local derby match today
It very quiet on here
Come on you Lions

Edited by mark richardson, 04 May 2014 - 06:08 AM.

#2 Westernmancunia

Westernmancunia
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:19 AM

Big ask today.

Hornets doing pretty well. Lions depleted with injuries/suspensions.

It would be a big big step to security if they could pinch this one.

If Penny's playing anything's poss.

Go Lions!

#3 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 777 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:07 AM

That's the big question, is Penny playing?

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#4 Robert McGivern

Robert McGivern
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:37 AM

I won't be at today's game as I'm out on a family doo. I have arrnged a DR from Warrington to go in my place, if you could A) ensure the crowd change is announced to the team and B) support the DR as he is representing me and therefor Swinton. Thanks Rob and good luck to the Lions today!!!!

#5 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 934 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:17 AM

I'll be there with my entourage!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#6 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:25 AM

Expecting a very close match today - come on lads get us a win

#7 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:52 AM

No matter who plays get behind the lads they need it today

#8 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 283 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:04 AM

My biggest problem concening todays game is  the allegedly unbiased Mr.Turley towards the Lions.

#9 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

Simply rubbish!!

When you only pay for 20 minutes out of the 80 you get what you deserve, NOTHING! !!

We are just not good enough, if we don't have a generous amount of Dr players we would struggle against anyone

Anyway rant over

Wayne

#10 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:23 PM

A game we desperately needed to win to have realistic aspirations of avoiding the drop.Agree with Wayne's comments a twenty minute purple patch at 0-22 isn't good enough.Nice to see Wayne English honoured with a guard of honour from both teams to mark his 100tn appearance for Hornets.

#11 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:24 PM

Wayne I thought the DR' s were the problem they quite simply were awful.
We urgently need a settled side and to only include dual reg who want to play for the club.

#12 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:51 PM

We didn't turn up in the first half, and 22-0 didn't flatter 'Onits one iota!

At 22-16, I thought we were in chance, but letting that high ball bounce was a serious error, and they pounced on it!

But if you perform for only 30 minutes of the 80, you can't expect (or deserve) to win!

With five to go down, not getting even a bonus-point at Spotland is not good enough. Far from it!

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#13 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 335 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:09 PM

For The first time this season I have to sat that was really poor. Penalty penalty try...

Quite simply, swinton did not turn up. Not so much a purple patch more controlling the ball and not looking so desperate in possession.

Under the high ball was atrocious (and scary to watch) all afternoon. Catch it, the ball is a odd shape so do not let it bounce.

And of course, a knock on from the kick off is the standard these days.

Look, this game is hard but we spend so much time defending our errors we have nothing left to give.

Two teams from the lower placed teams will survive (unless batley face the drop). I do not think I have seen one if them today.

And as for DR today, I would assume we did have enough players to field a team without them so....beggars can't be choosers. It does not go any way to explaing that performance.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#14 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:20 PM

Sorry but we are going backwards from an initially promising start, our failure to properly recruit our own team makes me wonder if we were expecting to go down and therefore didn't want to over commit on the playing side like some teams have.  I can see the point of doing that, but I hope people connected to the club don't wonder why our crowds are plummeting, even I am dreading Sundays now I don't think there is a side in the division that we are better than.  Such a shame all the effort from our Championship winning season has been squandered.  That team would run rings round the current one.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#15 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 934 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:21 PM

What to say, what to say?????
Firstly Rochdale were full value for their win. Warren Turdley is a joke of a ref for all teams not just us. We gave him every excuse to penalise us out of the game in patches but he's just not up to it. What exactly is the penalty for an improper play the ball. He signalled that but gave a scrum. He lets one of the Dale players push the marker off at the play the ball allowing them to get over the line then penalises us 10 mins later for the same! I could go on!

I honestly though we looked far better than them today but we were just dumb and once again handed over the ball far too cheaply. I also agree that some players look like they are Rolls Royces but perform like Ladas.
Watto needs to let some of the playmaking go as he's doing it all and it's obvious. We cant build pressure as we're too keen to score all the time.

I'm soooo disappointed!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#16 Robert McGivern

Robert McGivern
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

So the positives from today are.... I had a lovely 3 course meal in the Woodside and by paying on my debit card I get 10% cash back in my bank account.

#17 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:06 PM

Marshy, fare point about todays DR players, I ment we need some decent dr players.

I think a steady team week in week out is what we need

Wayne

#18 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 777 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:54 PM

For The first time this season I have to sat that was really poor. Penalty penalty try...

Quite simply, swinton did not turn up. Not so much a purple patch more controlling the ball and not looking so desperate in possession.

Under the high ball was atrocious (and scary to watch) all afternoon. Catch it, the ball is a odd shape so do not let it bounce.

And of course, a knock on from the kick off is the standard these days.

Look, this game is hard but we spend so much time defending our errors we have nothing left to give.

Two teams from the lower placed teams will survive (unless batley face the drop). I do not think I have seen one if them today.

And as for DR today, I would assume we did have enough players to field a team without them so....beggars can't be choosers. It does not go any way to explaing that performance.

I think you saw one of the survivors today, and it was Hornets.

Onwards and Upwards the Nets!!!!!

Edited by The Baron Mk11, 04 May 2014 - 08:54 PM.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#19 Westernmancunia

Westernmancunia
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:10 PM

Shocking first half. Left far too much to do in the second half. Missed Penny - but not so much for his running as for his composure and technique under the high ball. 

He would have shown the way. Too many of Swinton's players simply can't get off the ground or do it half cock. They compete half heartedly in the air with zero conviction.

Hornets are no world beaters but they are 4 wins from 8 and on course to secure their Championship place or at least still be in with a shout at the fag end of the season. Swinton are running the risk of being gone before even the half way mark has been passed.

#20 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:14 PM

Poorest first half performance for a long time, 22-0 down would mean any team would always be chasing the game and we don't seem to be good enough to do that and get a result - I was going to say some tough games coming up (Keighley,Whitehaven away) but we all know any game this season will now be tough - I think both the team and us fans need a confidence boost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users