TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Rochdale

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:54 PM

I think you saw one of the survivors today, and it was Hornets.!!

And I genuinely hope I am wrong. On what I saw, I saw nothing but swinton wasting an opportunity to get points. If a team is to stay up over swinton then I hope it is rochdale, "home of the co-operation"

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#22 Shizonamy

Shizonamy
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:59 PM

We need Koucash to come on board now and strengthen the team otherwise bye bye Lions!
"A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man." Turkish Proverb

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:06 AM

Glenn Riley comes from super league
Zach Johnson comes from amateur.
A neutral watching them both play for Swinton would get it wrong every time!
I think Dwyer tried hard but flatters to deceive.
Ormsby was worse than ever. Thornley tried hard but didn't look better than anyone else we have.
I know refs have a hard time but Turkey is the worst.
We should have won that game. It was there for the taking.

#24 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:28 AM

Could not make it yesterday and by the sounds of it glad I did not. I have often pondered which team I would support should the unthinkable happen to the Lions and it would be Rochdale for me.

#25 Peewagg

Peewagg
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

We really do seem to be our own worst enemy. Indiscipline and errors cost us big time, particularly in the 1st half. Hornets were no 'great shakes', but they capitalised on cheap yards from umpteen penalties and used the 'bomb' to good effect, realising our weakness under high balls. I thought we could have taken the game 2nd half as Hornets were visibly nervous at our comeback, but the purple patch was snuffed out following yet another penalty, resulting in the up and under that was left to bounce and the inevitable try that followed. Crookie's drop goal was a 'rub salt in the wounds' moment - credit to his rugby brain. Credit to the lads for their graft, but we're gifting opponents with far too many penalties and lost possession. :-(

#26 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:10 PM

We need Koucash to come on board now and strengthen the team otherwise bye bye Lions!

A bit of a harsh statement. Koucash has been invited to invest but to date he has failed to take up the offer.
Let's not lose sight of the fact that as a club we were almost dead and buried before Christmas and were it not for the coaches and players committing themselves then we certainly would have been looking at a new club to support.
What we do need is everyone pulling together in support of the lads which I think we do as well as most clubs do.

#27 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:38 PM

• For once marshy I agree with you, although I fear Dr koukash and his investment wont materialise, maybe if david hughes loses interest at London he can put some investment our way.

#28 Shizonamy

Shizonamy
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:23 PM

Sorry it wasn't meant as any detriment to all the hard work that has been put. The truth of the matter is we need a little bit more quality of only a big investor could supply that. I think the club is punching above its weight with how little money it has.
"A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man." Turkish Proverb

Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 Furryenzo

Furryenzo
  • Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:36 PM

Firstly I think the match has been summarized pretty well in all these comments. However all I will say, and ive said it before, is that quite simply we are lucky to have a team this year. Its as simple as that. So I cant be to over critical of anyone.

A few observations:

• Gene Ormsby clearly didnt want to be there. He wasnt concentrating, out of position on nearly all our attacking moves, went halfheartedly up to defend a bomb and we conceded a try. And I think I can count the amount of drives he made on one hand.
  • I feel extremely sorry for our forwards, they are awesome. Best ive ever seen at swinton. Our back line is a shambles and lets them down massively. All the hard yards/tackles made by the forwards, as soon as the ball goes anyway near our 3/4s we concede.
  • Im sick of Brad Dwyer. I dont pay my money to watch him. Every single time he trys something fancy, and goes in alone trying to be the hero. Yes, hes clearly going to be a good super league player, but he simply doesnt respect our team or our league clearly. Its a team sport brad and your fancy little moves wont get you anywhere closer to the Wolves first team.
  • Mike Morrison concedes at least one penalty from a high tackle every game. Cut it out Mike! because apart from that aspect of your game you are immense!
  • Make no mistake about the game, we gifted it to them. Their defense was some of the best ive seen in a LONG time, so massive credit for that, but going forward they were below average. So at 22-0 down that really does show how poor our discipline and 3/4 defense really was.

Im only smiling because `no-one`'s found the bodies yet.

#30 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:24 PM

Unfortunately unless we are back playing IN Swinton all the hard work done by the trust and everyone else involved in the rescue will be for nought and we will just limp from one crisis to the next.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#31 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:25 PM

Unfortunately unless we are back playing IN Swinton all the hard work done by the trust and everyone else involved in the rescue will be for nought and we will just limp from one crisis to the next.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users