Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

the coach

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#181 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:00 PM

Have you  got your pillow case ordered Maureen ?

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#182 binosh

binosh
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:01 PM

What's your views on him SC? Is he well thought of at Salford?

one of my best mates plays for Salford and a few weeks ago told me over a beer that the players had requested a meeting with Marwan Koukash because they had absolutely no attacking or defensive structures and had no faith in the coaching team.

It turns out Andy Hay was attacking coach and Stuart Donlan was defensive coach and Nobby was using drills from the old Bradford Bulls days, the next day Donlan was sacked, Nobby was moved upstairs and Hay was being pushed so that Long, Harris and his team could bring in their modern fresh ideas.

Read into that what you will but going off what I was told these guys were clueless and still in the old days, having said that he maybe the next Daryll Powell.

#183 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

Have you  got your pillow case ordered Maureen ?

I'm opting out on this one Bill
Im Fev and im proud

#184 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:58 PM

one of my best mates plays for Salford and a few weeks ago told me over a beer that the players had requested a meeting with Marwan Koukash because they had absolutely no attacking or defensive structures and had no faith in the coaching team.

It turns out Andy Hay was attacking coach and Stuart Donlan was defensive coach and Nobby was using drills from the old Bradford Bulls days, the next day Donlan was sacked, Nobby was moved upstairs and Hay was being pushed so that Long, Harris and his team could bring in their modern fresh ideas.

Read into that what you will but going off what I was told these guys were clueless and still in the old days, having said that he maybe the next Daryll Powell.

Good to see the improvement since they got shut of Nobby! Time will tell on Andy Hay but he's never been out of the SL scene both as player and in coaching so you'd think he must have something. We'll see, thanks for your input.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#185 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:32 PM

Good to see the improvement since they got shut of Nobby! Time will tell on Andy Hay but he's never been out of the SL scene both as player and in coaching so you'd think he must have something. We'll see, thanks for your input.

Same as JB then... 

Actions aren't following words....

FFS we need someone experienced at this level.

PS I notice that all the ball cox about spending big has disappeared from the official site.......

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep, 15 May 2014 - 10:50 PM.

#186 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:35 PM

Same as JB then... 

PS I notice that all the ball cox about spending big has disappeared from the official site.......

I've no idea whether he's any good or not that's why I asked the original question a few posts further back. All I'm pointing out is that he's been second in command consistently for a number of years so qualified SL coaches presumably must have rated his ability. I've only spoken to one recent Rovers player who knows Hay and he thought he'd be a good appointment. Time will tell

Who else was available I wonder? Would be interesting to know who the other candidates were
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#187 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:08 AM

Same as JB then...

like who????
Who is available who wants to come to fev?
Despite how we might hope, the justin morgans of this world just aren't bashing campbell's door down.

Edited by Robin Evans, 16 May 2014 - 05:54 AM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#188 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:22 AM

How can you build an attack around that numtpy Chase? impossible task!

Good look Andy, long time since we were aprentices!
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#189 GARY....S

GARY....S
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

Give him a chance people ,lets get there on sunday and make Hay while the sun shines

"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

Posted Image

#190 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

How can you build structures with Koukash stood over your shoulder; Hay needs to be left to his own devises and I think we will have another Powell;

#191 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:07 PM

like who????
Who is available who wants to come to fev?
Despite how we might hope, the justin morgans of this world just aren't bashing campbell's door down.

I don't know Robin, but I do know that the Club got rid of someone who was doing alright because they thought the grass was greener.... and look what's happened.

Maybe more thinking should take place before rushing into actions (and statements for that matter)?

#192 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:58 AM

Regardless of who we got rid of (and that arguments been done to death) or what statements have been put out, it doesn't change the 'here and now'.
I keep reading suggestions of what the club "should have done" but no-one offers any solution.
Experienced world class coaches that want to coach fev simply aren't queuing up to talk to campbell. Andy hay is a good coach.

#193 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,989 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:52 PM

Regardless of who we got rid of (and that arguments been done to death) or what statements have been put out, it doesn't change the 'here and now'.
I keep reading suggestions of what the club "should have done" but no-one offers any solution.
Experienced world class coaches that want to coach fev simply aren't queuing up to talk to campbell. Andy hay is a good coach.

How many games can he lose before he is no longer regarded as such?

The reasons given for sacking JB mean that the pressures upon AH to succeed immediately must be enormous.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#194 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:59 PM

Indeed. But it became abundantly clear after only a few weeks that jb was the wrong choice. He jyst wasn't up to ut.
Andy hay is a different proposition. Unfortunately for himhhe's raking on most of bastion's squad... hence shipping players out and entering a dr deal.

#195 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:05 PM

How many games can he lose before he is no longer regarded as such?

The reasons given for sacking JB mean that the pressures upon AH to succeed immediately must be enormous.

The same aspplies to IESTYN HARRIS or probably more so.

#196 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:51 PM

How are the pressures on isteyn comparable to those of andy hay?????

#197 knottla

knottla
  • Facebook
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:55 AM

Robin I don't think that JB wasn't up to the job,I think the methods and structures were a step up, more akin to S/L and where he struggled was using that in a semi-pro environment and making allowances accordingly.From what has been said on here and other fora his man management wasn't what it might have been.I think coming from S/L backgroung albeit in academy set-up was unfortunately JB's downfall.

#198 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

How are the pressures on isteyn comparable to those of andy hay?????

Sorry Robin. I was relating my comments to an earlier post. That related to the Salford set up. The getting rid of the coaching staff there. I was meaning that IH might meet the same fate if he wasn't instantly successful. The relation to AH was that he has to have a chance with us and that the Salford situation wasn't due to his poor performance.

#199 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:51 PM

Before we all start destroying our new coach, i think we need to actually see what happens. I doubt one game will tell us so we must hold out to see any improvement in the team.

Saying that, all we need really was the coach. We all know what we can play like and when we don't play, you can be damn sure there is a good reason. You cannot say any of our players are bad, they are all exceptional and if they weren't we'd get rid or they wouldn't be here in the first place. We have all seen heavenly performances from every single player on the pitch and notice as soon as we let the best coach we've had in years go, we struggle.

Some poor decisions have been made up to now from those up high, in my opinion DP should never of left but that doesn't matter, for now we have a brand new coach and he looks extremely enthusiastic about his position at Fev.

Come on Andy, behind you all the way. No pressure ;)

Edited by ROVERS FOREVER, 19 May 2014 - 07:59 PM.

#200 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:50 PM

Agree, Robin. The class coaches are all presently employed by the top four or five clubs with no signs of leaving. I am afraid that it doesnt leave much to consider. Where are our past, formidable players who could be putting something back into the game?.. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users