TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

the coach

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#21 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:56 PM

Good why on earth get rid of Powell I will never no . Im not puting money in but he's best coach in sl but not good enough for Fev let's get a grip here might finish 4 th as for super league one word joke!!!!

#22 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:57 PM

Think it will be a cold day in hell before noble is appointed fev coach the amount of slagging he did of us when commentating for premier sports last season!

#23 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:05 PM

Brian Noble

No thank you!!
Im Fev and im proud

#24 sentoffagain

sentoffagain
  • Twitter
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:21 PM

make   james   lowes  at  leeds  rugby union   an   offer  he   wont   refuse.jimmy  knowes   how   a  pack   and   acting   halves   operate and  has   experience   working   as  assistant  coach   at  leeds   and   warrington.very   good   player  in  his  day  ,and  is   young   enough  to still  have  ambitions  in  the   game,maybe   need  an   assistant   to   sort  out   the   backs  but  i  am  sure   he   could  sort   out  the   pack   and  halves

#25 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:40 PM

The Mince and Onion pies were very tasty today, not all bad news.

#26 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:57 PM

By all accounts the deed has been done - Justin Morgan with Longy and Dickens as one of the many assistants please

If you mean Sean Long, well then I think Sean doesn't need that kind of pressure at the moment. Hope I'm wrong because he has a marvellous Rugby brain, however you may have meant Gordy, in which case I'm then talking irrelevant b0lox fir a change.

#27 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:01 AM

The clocks ticking

#28 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:09 AM

Justin Morgan would be ideal; He would bring the players back together; Would be far more respected by the fans in a typical Powell style; Yes and keep Gordy Long and Danny Evans;

#29 rovers

rovers
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:21 AM

no to noble , Justin Morgan bring him on, hes the type we need to motivate the players, we can grab second spot also win the play offs 

#30 old big red

old big red
  • Facebook
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:26 AM

I've no idea what coach we need but one thing is clear it's not Bastian he is killing this club sorry to say

Edited by old big red, 05 May 2014 - 09:27 AM.

#31 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 732 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

Wish little rob burrows would come as player/coach

#32 Cardypaul

Cardypaul
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:45 AM

We definitely need a change. I think thatJustin Morgan would be a good shout but I think the main thing is that we start putting something in place ASAP.

#33 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 261 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

IMO there are not enough good coaches to go around. We come across the same old names

IMO there are not enough good coaches to choose from. Just because a first team is doing well, we automatically assume that staff at the lower end of the club ladder will slot into a coaches job. Not so

That is why we have so many ex-coaches appearing as "pundits" for Sky. I can honestly state that I cannot think of anyone, at this moment in time who would have my vote as a replacement.

#34 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,403 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:03 AM

I think the Jimmy Lowes suggestion bears a little more examination.  He is a 100% man, he was the heart and soul of the great early noughties Bulls side.

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#35 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

whilst I am as frustrated as everyone else about the situation and the constant chopping and changing, being still third and having only played 9 games, I think he has to be given more time because I still feel that we will be there or there abouts at the business end.
After the sheffield game we have what you would say should be a number of 'easier' games, whilst Leigh have some tougher games. I think over the next month or so things might be a bit different. Leigh have some tough games coming up against Doncaster, dewsbury, sheffield and workington (3 of them being away) and then Have Leeds in the Cup followed by a midweek game against a fresh halifax side......

#36 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 732 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

Bob a quick midweek trip away to manly ,in there an we might catch em ha ha

#37 ackworth

ackworth
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

Whilst agreeing with most people's idea to remove Bastian, can anyone explain to me how so many players are not performing, we don't look to have any idea in attack other than the round the back move and we cannot seem to breach the defensive line in the forwards to give the half backs a chance to play on the front foot.

Maybe the coach as he has obviously lost the dressing room, but there are some players who need to step up too! 

#38 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 732 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:32 AM

If there picking and choosing who they play for and not the shirt , they should go too .

#39 ethelred the unready

ethelred the unready
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:46 AM

I don't believe that the two defeats by Leigh warrant such criticism of Bastion. Leigh are nothing special, and without the loss of two props last week we would probably have beaten them, despite our lack of idea in attack. This week we were never in with a chance with the team that we fielded.
Bastion is, without a doubt, doing the best job he can. Unfortunately the Board has to accept responsibility yet again, on this occasion for appointing a coach untried and untested at this level and who will not have experienced the level of pressure that will surely be upon him at Featherstone.
There is still time to recover from this if the Board help Bastion to deal with the pressure, and help him win the respect of his players, otherwise they will have to replace him with a suitably experienced coach in whom they will have confidence and who they will be prepared to allow to do his job without interference.

#40 ethelred the unready

ethelred the unready
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

I don't believe that the two defeats by Leigh warrant such criticism of Bastion. Leigh are nothing special, and without the loss of two props last week we would probably have beaten them, despite our lack of idea in attack. This week we were never in with a chance with the team that we fielded.
Bastion is, without a doubt, doing the best job he can. Unfortunately the Board has to accept responsibility yet again, on this occasion for appointing a coach untried and untested at this level and who will not have experienced the level of pressure that will surely be upon him at Featherstone.
There is still time to recover from this if the Board help Bastion to deal with the pressure, and help him win the respect of his players, otherwise they will have to replace him with a suitably experienced coach in whom they will have confidence and who they will be prepared to allow to do his job without interference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users