Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

the coach

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#41 ethelred the unready

ethelred the unready
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

Sorry - bad timing. Looks like he's gone.

#42 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:32 PM

personally taking away the emotion of losing against Leigh the last two games I think it is a ridiculous knee jerk reaction from Campbell or whoever and we are now in the hands of who's left and with all due respect they dont have the CV's either....

Edited by Deano44, 05 May 2014 - 12:33 PM.

#43 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:36 PM

tony rea has left London maybe Rovers Bound?
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#44 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

now that would be my worst nightmare......

#45 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:40 PM

official on the club site now.........absolutely ridiculous really

#46 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:04 PM

Players have been over training, this is why they are under performing because they are shattered. Also, you can expect unrest when the bloody team is changing every week! Stick to a set of players and give them a chance to mold will somebody please do this.

Example, have you seen our under20's side? You need to because they have a 100% team chemistry rating in my opinion. They all work together like they have been in same squad for years. I watch them all the time now because they are superb.

Knocking up wins like 46, 82 and 94 seems like under 20's need more of a challenge.

Edited by ROVERS FOREVER, 05 May 2014 - 01:06 PM.

#47 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:29 PM

I've just heard Michelle McManus singing.

#48 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:55 PM

I've just heard Michelle McManus signing.

Just corrected your spelling mistake

Edited by Gary Coyle, 05 May 2014 - 03:56 PM.

#49 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:12 PM

If there picking and choosing who they play for and not the shirt , they should go too .

I agree mate, some of those players arnt blameless in all this

#50 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:33 PM

JB has shown more class than anyone in all this

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#51 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:11 PM

tony rea has left London maybe Rovers Bound?

I have already lost the will to live.Dont let us make a panic decision. Leave it to Gordy Long for the time being.To be honest, I cannot see anyone fighting for the job at the moment.

#52 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

I have already lost the will to live.Dont let us make a panic decision. Leave it to Gordy Long for the time being.To be honest, I cannot see anyone fighting for the job at the moment.

It's Danny Evans in charge not Gordy Long
Im Fev and im proud

#53 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:00 PM

Danny has had a fantastic apprenticeship and I am sure more than capable, but i would hate to see him given the same treatment as our last 3 coaches.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#54 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:32 PM

In my humble opinion, whoever gets the nod should be a half back or be assisted by a half back, all successful sides ( especially attractive sides) seem somewhere to have a half back either at the helm or thereabouts in the coaching system.

What's Lee Briers doing?

#55 Mark H

Mark H
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:58 PM

Vive le Fevolution !

I'm afraid it was inevitable for JB,the results were heading south and the abject performance yesterday was well short of
the standard which is expected and deserved,I also think a few players need to be having a long hard look at themselves but they may shake themselves up under a new regime,I also think JB give it his best shot and unfortunately its not worked
out.
As for the new coach,I think Sean Long has too many personal demons at this point in time,I hope it's not a journeyman meal ticket Aussie coming in but it needs to be someone with real experience,looking at previous comments not many seem to
fancy Brian Noble,personally I wouldn't be looking much further than him but I guess all will be revealed tomorrow.

Forza Fev
Forza Fev

#56 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:05 PM

i doubt that any coach will be named tomorrow. hardly announce Danny Evans in charge if it was only going to be for a day !!

#57 Mark H

Mark H
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

Yeah you're probably right,I just get the feeling somethings being going on behind the scenes and the conversations have
already being had in anticipation of this announcement.

Forza Fev
Forza Fev

#58 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:20 PM

Vive le Fevolution !

I'm afraid it was inevitable for JB,the results were heading south and the abject performance yesterday was well short of
the standard which is expected and deserved,I also think a few players need to be having a long hard look at themselves but they may shake themselves up under a new regime,I also think JB give it his best shot and unfortunately its not worked
out.
As for the new coach,I think Sean Long has too many personal demons at this point in time,I hope it's not a journeyman meal ticket Aussie coming in but it needs to be someone with real experience,looking at previous comments not many seem to
fancy Brian Noble,personally I wouldn't be looking much further than him but I guess all will be revealed tomorrow.

Forza Fev

Noble would set the club back years. His success at Bradford came on the back of Brian Smith's tenure under which they adapted quicker to the full time nature of SL making them simply bigger and stronger than the rest (their tactics were merely to batter the opposition into the ground, they had no plan B on when it didn't work). Once the other clubs caught up physically Bradford's success ended. He's not had much success since those days....... 

We need an experienced (at this level) coach, but I don't think there's (m)any available. Wonder if Tubbs would like to come back to Fev ;)

#59 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:20 PM

i doubt that any coach will be named tomorrow. hardly announce Danny Evans in charge if it was only going to be for a day !!

Exactly, the name of the new coach was never mentioned in the press release for announcement tomorrow, just the " big changes"
Im Fev and im proud

#60 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:18 PM

Bet the stats man is sleeping with one eye open tonight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users