Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Kear out

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:25 PM

General consensus from most fans that hes lost the dressing room.

Judging by body language of the team not a bad shout.

We went back to basics today and were worse then ever. And if he says hes had the players in for a hear to heart AGAIN this week ill lose the will to live.

Weve been poor all season and are getting gradually worse - Dewsbury and today were reminiscent of the end of the Thornton era -
get rid of him now and see if we can save our season and stay up.

We have nothing to lose - bottom 5 is a certainty if he stays.

Ready for the optimists to shoot me down but king kear has lost it Imo.

Edited by buford t justice, 04 May 2014 - 05:27 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:29 PM

Seriously,who do we replace him with at this stage of the season?

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#3 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,138 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:33 PM

LOL, wondered how long it would before this would crop up.

#4 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:36 PM

You have to wonder how anyone can inspire, motivate or even embarrass those who don't give a monkey's.  The players have to care, or they are no use to any coach.

#5 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 235 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:40 PM

Give your head a wobble FFS.

#6 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:43 PM

You have to wonder how anyone can inspire, motivate or even embarrass those who don't give a monkey's.  The players have to care, or they are no use to any coach.

Hear Hear.

ALL of the players have to take responsibility for these last two results.not just the coaching staff.

I actually felt sorry for JK as he was slightly heckled when he left the field.

He knew how frustrated we as fans are and looked visibly angry.

On the other hand some,not all,of the players looked like they couldn't give s**t......

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#7 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

If JK went that would guarantee relegation at the end of the season.

#8 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:04 PM

Face facts you loyal fans need to get another 1000 through the gate if you are not to rely on DR's, which is not conducive to a happy club imo - best thing our new owners did was scrapping the DR with Wigan, or any club

#9 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:11 PM

On the subject of team attitude, one of the telling signs was the complete apathy at packing down to stop the clock when we still in the game or later on when we were still in range of a bonus point. No urgency whatsoever.

#10 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:18 PM

On the subject of team attitude, one of the telling signs was the complete apathy at packing down to stop the clock when we still in the game or later on when we were still in range of a bonus point. No urgency whatsoever.

that said it all to me as well

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#11 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 934 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

does make you wonder why some players simply dont want to better themselves under kear. or they drift away and why we dont seem to improve at all, cant blame everything on john kear for some a the tackling today,and one one ball steals to score, besides the likes a jd,rowie and baz, chandler and brownie the rest need to be locked in a room and watch dvd's with the likes of ash and mauno in them to see what a batley shirt SHOULD mean. pi** poor and things can only get worse when brownie and other loanees go back.

#12 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

If JK went that would guarantee relegation at the end of the season.

If he stays will we change the tereible training methods and god awful tactics that will surely get us relegated?

A change would breathe life into the team. The body language of the players on good friday and today tells you all you need to know. They arent playing for him anumore.

#13 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 934 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

If he stays will we change the tereible training methods and god awful tactics that will surely get us relegated?

A change would breathe life into the team. The body language of the players on good friday and today tells you all you need to know. They arent playing for him anumore.

some are,jd was massive today and if everyone had his fire and spirit for the game we would be top the pile  not bottom, baz and rowie always give 100% but they must be well miffed at some a the efforts from other players,theres at least 5 players who wouldent get to play up crow nest park. sad thing for me is i doubt even mr powel could make players out a the likes a nicco leatherbarrow and blackmoor even thou they look the part.

#14 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:43 PM

General consensus from most fans that hes lost the dressing room.
Judging by body language of the team not a bad shout.
We went back to basics today and were worse then ever. And if he says hes had the players in for a hear to heart AGAIN this week ill lose the will to live.
Weve been poor all season and are getting gradually worse - Dewsbury and today were reminiscent of the end of the Thornton era -
get rid of him now and see if we can save our season and stay up.
We have nothing to lose - bottom 5 is a certainty if he stays.
Ready for the optimists to shoot me down but king kear has lost it Imo.

Disagree,yes again we were poor but take a look at the results today Rams thumped at Keighley, Fax struggle to draw at Worky Fev lost v Leigh, Donny struggled against Barrow there's only Leigh showing any kind of form
Feel sure JK is the man to turn it round
Applegarth is a big loss as is Griffin,with them back and Blacky back fit we can push on secure a top 8 place which to be fair is what most clubs are after this season
Let's not lose the faith

#15 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:45 PM

some are,jd was massive today and if everyone had his fire and spirit for the game we would be top the pile  not bottom, baz and rowie always give 100% but they must be well miffed at some a the efforts from other players,theres at least 5 players who wouldent get to play up crow nest park. sad thing for me is i doubt even mr powel could make players out a the likes a nicco leatherbarrow and blackmoor even thou they look the part.

Unfair on those you name. 

What I saw today was no lack of effort. I did see a side that were incredibly low on confidence and playing stupid football. You mention Rowe, but he did not distinguish himself with some play today, getting penalised, back chatting to the referee and off loading hard passes at supporting players feet! He still tried hard. Blackmore is consistently our best go forward player but again, did some stupid things today. Leatherbarrow is a young lad who is carrying the whole weight of the half backs on his shoulders. He desperately needs some stability alongside him, and hopefully Black's return may provide that. Every week, Leatherbarrow busts a gut in defence. 

Now I am no ex England coach, however when our coach says we are going back to basics, I expect to see a number of things. These are:

Completing our sets, being organised, having a last tackle option alongside a kicking game, extra work on defence and not  trying to score on every tackle when in sight of their try line. I didn't see any of them today.

We desperately need consistency in selection and time to settle in, but that is all quickly running out. I am not sure we have the time for that. However, I would repeat what I have posted before, no team other than Leigh are showing any consistency this season. We have beaten both Workington and Keighley this season, and look what they did today! After the Rams debacle, we are still only one win behind them.

I found myself today, sat on my lonesome in the nine ole longing for those distant days of last season of the same team turning out every match playing intense but risk free rugby and grinding the opposition down. I would give anything for that again.

#16 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 662 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:51 PM

What a load of rubbish. We need Kear. I don't know what fans you spoke to but there wasn't any near me. The players didn't want it until the last 10 mins. Yes Kear has work to do but did you seriously think we would be GF contenders this year? Absolutely dreaming. Based on crowd numbers alone we should be bottom of the league. The current squad will do well to finish the the top 9 and for me that will be the job for this season. And before you start to complain that Kear brought them in. He brought the players in on the smallest budget in the league. The fact is there is no one else who would be better for the job.

How about showing a little trust / faith in the club and manager.

#17 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:14 PM

What a load of rubbish. We need Kear. I don't know what fans you spoke to but there wasn't any near me. The players didn't want it until the last 10 mins. Yes Kear has work to do but did you seriously think we would be GF contenders this year? Absolutely dreaming. Based on crowd numbers alone we should be bottom of the league. The current squad will do well to finish the the top 9 and for me that will be the job for this season. And before you start to complain that Kear brought them in. He brought the players in on the smallest budget in the league. The fact is there is no one else who would be better for the job.

Great post mate, we have consistently overachieved past few years, I spoke to a Haven director at the end and he said he doesn't know how we do it on the gates we get.
I saw a batley fan leave with 20/25 mins to go saying he ain't coming back anymore,we'll I'm sorry but your either a fan or not you have to take the good and the bad and yes we're in a slump at the moment but I will support my team no matter what

#18 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

+1

#19 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 235 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:47 PM

+2

#20 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:56 PM

Never expected a GF with the high turnover of players.

What i do expect though is effort from the team, and us to play a decent brand of rugby.

So remind me, who signed the players, who trains them, who sets the tactics and who motivates them?

Hes done great in the past, but this team is going nowhere but down under JK this season im afraid.

Edited by buford t justice, 04 May 2014 - 07:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users