Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

new coach rumour mill

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 PonteBlue

PonteBlue
  • Coach
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

What's John Kear done, other than winning the Challenge Cup twice from being underdogs, and coaching sides to punch above their weight? He sure outwitted Sean Long and Paul Rowley in last years play-offs, and nearly did it against Aston. You have to concede that all three teams were far superior to Batley on paper. I'd like to see how he performs with one of the strongest squads in the competition. 

Aye, totally agree.

#22 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:05 AM

I understand W.Arnold is in the running..........

#23 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:49 PM

John Kear won 49, lost 53 and drew one game whilst in charge at Wakefield from 2006 to 20011, steering them to 8th in 2007 and 5th in 2009, which wasn't bad for such a badly run club with no cash.

#24 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:33 PM

John Kear won 49, lost 53 and drew one game whilst in charge at Wakefield from 2006 to 20011, steering them to 8th in 2007 and 5th in 2009, which wasn't bad for such a badly run club with no cash.

He's obviously loyal as well Steve having stayed with our near neighbours for 18005 years.

#25 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

John Kear is happy at Batley. Are you not satisfied with helping rip the heart out our team last year??

#26 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

arn't you calling for his head on your forum ??

#27 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

John Kear is happy at Batley. Are you not satisfied with helping rip the heart out our team last year??

From what I've read some of your supporters were glad to see the back of some of the players we purchased from your club
Im Fev and im proud

#28 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:41 PM

I understand W.Arnold is in the running..........

It being Fev it is likely that Bean Dess is in front of him. Or is that oa load of Bullocks.

#29 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 709 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:43 PM

When youve had as many top class players bought off you than we have over the decades ,you can moan

#30 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:47 PM

What's John Kear done, other than winning the Challenge Cup twice from being underdogs, and coaching sides to punch above their weight? He sure outwitted Sean Long and Paul Rowley in last years play-offs, and nearly did it against Aston. You have to concede that all three teams were far superior to Batley on paper. I'd like to see how he performs with one of the strongest squads in the competition. 

Steve, whilst no one could argue with that assessment of JK's ability to win the big (albeit important) one off games as the underdog. But, it is now no longer that important to win the GF, you need to finish top 2 this year and then next year top 4 both before and after the split. That requires the new coach to create a consistently winning side over the whole season of league games. I'm not sure JK is that man; in fact I'm not sure that man is out there and available......

#31 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:48 PM

arn't you calling for his head on your forum ??

Not I. Check the thread.

#32 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:50 PM

From what I've read some of your supporters were glad to see the back of some of the players we purchased from your club

You're not wrong. 'Some' Batley fans have an odd view of the world. 

#33 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:52 PM

Steve, whilst no one could argue with that assessment of JK's ability to win the big (albeit important) one off games as the underdog. But, it is now no longer that important to win the GF, you need to finish top 2 this year and then next year top 4 both before and after the split. That requires the new coach to create a consistently winning side over the whole season of league games. I'm not sure JK is that man; in fact I'm not sure that man is out there and available......

You've got a point there, but I was thinking more into next year, playing against the bottom Super League clubs in the middle group of 8. We would be up against clubs on a higher wage bill and bigger overseas quota, hence we need someone capable of punching above his weight. 

#34 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:53 PM

yes moore keep him i'd only take gf back i dont think the chairman will now..

#35 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:32 PM

You've got a point there, but I was thinking more into next year, playing against the bottom Super League clubs in the middle group of 8. We would be up against clubs on a higher wage bill and bigger overseas quota, hence we need someone capable of punching above his weight. 

from what i saw on sunday, Andy Kain punches above his weight

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#36 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

Fully agree with that,LTS. I also cannot suggest a name which would fill the spot. Plenty of people who can talk the talk and thats it. I hope that we are not going to throw shed loads of money about. Very rare this leads to success as per Salford, Bradford and the Broncos.

#37 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:30 PM

Andy Kain plays like he's in Superleague. I believe we would be lost without him, especially over the years. He has been the overall best player for me. Proof is in the pudding aswell, check his statistics, http://www.featherst...mber.php?id=626.

Edited by ROVERS FOREVER, 07 May 2014 - 05:31 PM.

#38 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:33 PM

Andy Kain plays like he's in Superleague. I believe we would be lost without him, especially over the years. He has been the overall best player for me. Proof is in the pudding aswell, check his statistics, http://www.featherst...mber.php?id=626.

I know what OR meant.

#39 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:14 AM

oh no he's not!
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#40 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:54 AM

Can anybody tell me why Moore was dropped for the Leigh game?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users