new coach rumour mill

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

I assume for being poor the week before - 0/3 on the goal kicks wont have done his performance stats any good - some might say his exclusion was long overdue

#42 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:15 AM

I know what OR meant.

Come again?

#43 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:43 AM

Good luck Fev with your new coach/investment, hope you get to super league, in the meantime if you offload any of your players please send em our way because we might be staring at relegation on present form.

#44 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:57 AM

Andy Kain plays like he's in Superleague. I believe we would be lost without him, especially over the years. He has been the overall best player for me. Proof is in the pudding aswell, check his statistics, http://www.featherst...mber.php?id=626.

He is a pugnacious little s#d on the park. I like him.

#45 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

A

Edited by jt, 08 May 2014 - 03:17 PM.

#46 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

Good luck Fev with your new coach/investment, hope you get to super league, in the meantime if you offload any of your players please send em our way because we might be staring at relegation on present form.

It might not look good but would be surprised if Batley go down and not sure if any of our players are leaving yet

#47 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:57 PM

Come again?

Jokes aren't funny if you have to explain them, but here goes. Look what OR put and then cast your mind back to the brawl on Sunday

Edited by Andrew Vause, 08 May 2014 - 06:58 PM.

#48 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:17 PM

He is a pugnacious little s#d on the park. I like him.

He's been a fine servant to the Rovers over 8 seasons now, i have spoken to him on several occasions and he would finish his career of with Rovers, and should get a well deserved benefit. He was a super league standard player when he was a young player, he was part of the Leeds academy then played for Castleford and Widnes. At School he played RU with amongst others his cousin Stuart and Sean Hesketh and he played RL for Smawthorne along with future internationals Brett Ferres and Michael Shenton he was head and shoulders above any player at either code, in the region and could have gone on to truly great things.

One thing he will not do is take a backwards step, which sometimes may have impeded his progression.
Pound for Pound at 5ft 7in and just over 9 stone he is one of the strongest and toughest Rugby players.
When The Harry Hill lookalike Jamie Acton was continually goading him on Sunday all the POR end supporters to a sharp intake of breath. You just knew that the 6 ft 3 inch, 17 stone prop didn't really know what he was letting himself in for. Thus the inevitable pasting was handed out. Acton will think twice next time.

#49 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:55 PM

He's been a fine servant to the Rovers over 8 seasons now, i have spoken to him on several occasions and he would finish his career of with Rovers, and should get a well deserved benefit. He was a super league standard player when he was a young player, he was part of the Leeds academy then played for Castleford and Widnes. At School he played RU with amongst others his cousin Stuart and Sean Hesketh and he played RL for Smawthorne along with future internationals Brett Ferres and Michael Shenton he was head and shoulders above any player at either code, in the region and could have gone on to truly great things.

One thing he will not do is take a backwards step, which sometimes may have impeded his progression.
Pound for Pound at 5ft 7in and just over 9 stone he is one of the strongest and toughest Rugby players.
When The Harry Hill lookalike Jamie Acton was continually goading him on Sunday all the POR end supporters to a sharp intake of breath. You just knew that the 6 ft 3 inch, 17 stone prop didn't really know what he was letting himself in for. Thus the inevitable pasting was handed out. Acton will think twice next time.

He is unbelievably strong and is hard as nails. Right lad, kind of person you wouldn't mind going up town with because you knew you were safe ha ha. Hall of famer with rovers I reckon. Everytime he gets the ball it is hard to predict what his next move is. I have witnessed his duck and dives so many times, he just does it and hes gone for try line and we all missed it because it was that quick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users