Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Major new investors

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#1 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:36 AM

Tuesday 6th May 2014
Club Statement Story in brief:
Featherstone Set To Spend Their Way Out Of The Championship

Following years of patience in the Championship all Featherstone fans will be delighted to wake up with the news that substantial investors will join Featherstone Rovers from immediate effect.

The new investors wish to remain anonymous for now have offered substantial investment for Featherstone Rovers to compete in Super League. The amount of investment will remain disclosed but its thought to be a number of millions over a 5-year period. The club has already begun to spend funds prudently.

Majority Shareholder of Featherstone Rovers Feisal Nahaboo who is acting as advisor to the club has made the following statement.

Feisal Nahaboo said "Rightfully or wrongfully at the start of the season the club had made the decision to strike at the end of the season to prepare a Super League strength squad to compete next season. Following back to back defeats to Leigh Centurions we've realised we are no longer the dominant force outside Super League so the club has made the decision to raise the standards for all Championship clubs with imminent investment both on and off the field.

"The club will immediately show its intention by appointing leading coaching staff and will then follow-up by announcing new squad members. The club will not be selling its leading players and key squad members will be offered 2 to 3 year contract extensions. The club will announce those deals 'in one go' over the next few weeks. During the transition the club will have a strict policy of no press coverage for 4 weeks and we ask all press to respect this decision. Unlike some, this club will not be advertising its plan during execution.

"There are no egos at Featherstone Rovers, just pure grit and determination to succeed. In addition, we ask all leading agents to come forward with players available who have substantial ambition. We ask our fans to allow club officials to do their work and embrace the changes and not to question their judgements but to live the dream.

"We would like to take this opportunity to thank the RFL and SKY with regards to their new rules allowing clubs like Featherstone Rovers to invest and play for Super League status. It seems we won the league 4 years on a trot in vein, but we will take this experience, wisdom and knowledge to compete at the highest level possible.

"The board has been told that it must challenge for top 4 Super League position within the next few years. We would like to thank Mark Campbell for his immense work in building the club to a level which has attracted investors to come in and take the club to the next level. His work ethic and love for the club is exemplary and he will play an important role in the club whilst new investors will come in. The club has been told it must finish in the top 2 this year and compete for the Grand Final at any cost.

"We would finally like to thank the entire squad. They have been the best group outside Super League. Leigh may have taken the advantage but they have won nothing as of yet. Having said that we congratulate them in their own ambition. It is exciting times ahead and we are delighted to now have a real say in this sport.

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#2 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:04 AM

Wow, good luck Rovers.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#3 sentoffagain

sentoffagain
  • Twitter
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:28 AM

fantastic  news  about  the  new  investors.shows   the  ambition in  the  club  from  those  at  the   top.await   news   re  new   players   and  coaching  staff  but  have  reservations  about  too   many  players   coming  in  mid  season.teams  need   to   bed   in   over  a period  and  too  many   changes  mid  season  may  prove  difficult.our  players   at  present  are  not   performing   to   a   standard  we  know   they   can .therefore   get  a  new  coach  in  to   work  with  the   majority   of  players  we   already  have ,tighten  up   the   defensive  structures   and  try  to   put  a  smile  back  on  players   faces  so   they   actually  enjoy  playing  the  game   without  too  much  pressure.it  will   be  difficult  to   finish  in  the  top   two   but   if  everyone  pulls  together  for   the   team,including   supporters  we   can   do   it.after   all  who   thought  we  could  beat  sheffield  by  over  13  points  last  season.

#4 Phila1904

Phila1904
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:29 AM

Thank you for your speedy action with the ongoing profiling on this great club .

The above statement should be and will be a great inspiration to all us fans and will certainly send another message out to the wider rugbyleague community that we are still destination super league .

In Faisal we have an outstanding business man with a passion for our club , along with mark , will make this club great again.

I can't wait to see the developments over the next weeks , as I am sure the slight derailment will be adjusted accordingly

ROVERS

#5 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:23 AM

fantastic  news  about  the  new  investors.shows   the  ambition in  the  club  from  those  at  the   top.await   news   re  new   players   and  coaching  staff  but  have  reservations  about  too   many  players   coming  in  mid  season.teams  need   to   bed   in   over  a period  and  too  many   changes  mid  season  may  prove  difficult.our  players   at  present  are  not   performing   to   a   standard  we  know   they   can .therefore   get  a  new  coach  in  to   work  with  the   majority   of  players  we   already  have ,tighten  up   the   defensive  structures   and  try  to   put  a  smile  back  on  players   faces  so   they   actually  enjoy  playing  the  game   without  too  much  pressure.it  will   be  difficult  to   finish  in  the  top   two   but   if  everyone  pulls  together  for   the   team,including   supporters  we   can   do   it.after   all  who   thought  we  could  beat  sheffield  by  over  13  points  last  season.

Is there summat wrong with your space bar?

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#6 ian c

ian c
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

Good luck Fev with this, hope us and you are in the top 2 as Leigh and Fev in my opinion should be in SL and would be good additions to it as well.

Good luck for the rest of the season guys.

#7 ethelred the unready

ethelred the unready
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:11 AM

Hope Feisal's sums are better than his grammar and his spelling.

Not sure that throwing a lump of money at the job is the right answer, but people say he's a successful businessman and one should assume that he knows what he is doing?

In my humble opinion, all we need is the right coach who the Board will allow to do his job (I know we had one, but you can't turn back the clock).

#8 Shipley Ram

Shipley Ram
  • Coach
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:39 AM

Love to know how Fev are to spend spend spend with a salary cap in place
RUGBY LEAGUE IS MY RELIGION.
CROWN FLATT IS MY CHURCH.

#9 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:50 PM

Posted om wrong thread, sorry

Edited by Stratobill, 06 May 2014 - 12:51 PM.

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#10 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

By remove, remove, remove

That should help moral.

#11 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

Matt Nicholson out for season, Liam Walmsley out long term with broken arm, Colton Roche left the game, Tommy Saxton out on loan at Fax. They also got dispensation from RFL for a £100K increase in salary cap due to their greater income. That was after this years squad had been assembled, so I don't know whether any of that increase has been used yet?

#12 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:54 PM

As someone who has followed Featherstone for a long time, news of extra investment is welcome. However, I would certainly prefer the continuation of the excellent steady growth that has happened during the last few years than a higher risk gamble on players and ambition. If the former takes 2-3 years but ultimately results in a stable promotion challenge and a chance to give SL a good shot then is that so bad? 

I just wonder what some of the reactions would be on here if it would have been Leigh, Halifax or Doncaster (clubs who have had money troubles in the recent past) making this type of announcement? We would be saying that if this doesn't work it could put them in a real hole.

I suppose I am just nervous that we ensure all the fantastic work being done at the club benefits Rovers over the long term.

Edited by Scubby, 06 May 2014 - 02:55 PM.

#13 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:56 PM

must be going full time starting now. build for playoffs this year the hit the ground running next season. Booooom!

Edited by lingard, 06 May 2014 - 03:57 PM.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#14 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:58 PM

He has been at the club long enough now and you don't get his kind of money by being stupid with it This man as stuck with Fev and is a welcome addition to the work that everyone else has done over the years
These type of people want one thing and that is to be the best If we are to move to the next level we need Probiz and other people like him to be at this great club along with the ones that have got us to the position we are at now Lets a stay positive and together we will get there

#15 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:29 PM

Hope Feisal's sums are better than his grammar and his spelling.Not sure that throwing a lump of money at the job is the right answer, but people say he's a successful businessman and one should assume that he knows what he is doing?In my humble opinion, all we need is the right coach who the Board will allow to do his job (I know we had one, but you can't turn back the clock).

You don't need the comma before 'but' as the next sentence is not a seperate clause. You also don't need the question mark, and your final sentence parentheses are not needed. Did you see how I used the comma before 'and' because it was a seperate clause? I'm sure however, Feisal will take on board your criticisms of his spelling and grammar.

#16 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:46 PM

You don't need the comma before 'but' as the next sentence is not a seperate clause. You also don't need the question mark, and your final sentence parentheses are not needed. Did you see how I used the comma before 'and' because it was a seperate clause? I'm sure however, Feisal will take on board your criticisms of his spelling and grammar.

tinker

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#17 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 354 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:47 PM

what I am trying to get my head around is this.
if there is millions there in funding why is it life or death to finish first or second and to make the GF ?
Whilst the extra £250k+ would be nice, if the millions are there then whats the problem ?
I could understand fully the issue if this investment was not there.

#18 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:58 PM

It's not just money we need the crowds to keep coming and if we want to push next year we need to be finishing at the top The BOD want the team to be the best as do the rest of us and if we are there is only one place to finish

#19 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:00 PM

reading the statement only thing that got my main attention was the line thanking MC for all is effort over the past few years and his involvement in the club hope that's not the end of mark because he is rovers through and through and we would'nt be where we are now if not for him

#20 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:25 PM

As someone who has followed Featherstone for a long time, news of extra investment is welcome. However, I would certainly prefer the continuation of the excellent steady growth that has happened during the last few years than a higher risk gamble on players and ambition. If the former takes 2-3 years but ultimately results in a stable promotion challenge and a chance to give SL a good shot then is that so bad? 

I just wonder what some of the reactions would be on here if it would have been Leigh, Halifax or Doncaster (clubs who have had money troubles in the recent past) making this type of announcement? We would be saying that if this doesn't work it could put them in a real hole.

I suppose I am just nervous that we ensure all the fantastic work being done at the club benefits Rovers over the long term.

I think it was clever and appropriate timing. The club, and its support, has been growing year on year. The way things have been going so far this season the 'Slow Train Coming, AKA Fevolution' could have easily stalled and even gone backwards. Win or lose next Sunday, the interest will still be huge and the impatient fans will be appeased.

Edited by Steve Slater, 06 May 2014 - 07:26 PM.